vtmz

Built A Computer. Will It Run It At A Stable FPS?

Intel Core i3 3220

ECS H77H2-M3(1.0) Motherboard

SAMSUNG 8GB DDR3 1600 MV-3V4G3D/US RAM

Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 500GB HDD

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB Flex Edition

Everything is what I would recommend except for intel...

I fucking hate intel, you should have gotten an AMD.

• Like 1

I didn't want AMD because of the BIOS updates that are fucked up sometimes and the issues that AMD has.

Intel Core i3 3220

ECS H77H2-M3(1.0) Motherboard

SAMSUNG 8GB DDR3 1600 MV-3V4G3D/US RAM

Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 500GB HDD

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB Flex Edition

Not bad, should run it fairly stably.

I have an AMD cpu. Never again.

• Like 5

Everything SHOULD be okay, but man, that i3 you got there is gonna kill it for you :(

it seems like a solid rig, I would have got the i5 instead of an i3 and maybe an nvidia GPU but if you like amd I can't do anything... I ,would overclock that cpu (if you can)

Everything SHOULD be okay, but man, that i3 you got there is gonna kill it for you :(

It's better than an AMD FX-4100 which my friend has paired with a 6850 and he gets 70-80 FPS on high settings.

Everything is fine, except maybe the CPU. Arma 2 is very dependent on that for performance. i5 2500K is a nice budget/performance choice. But with Arma 3 around the corner that won't be as much of an issue.

Wait, what?

Intel make better CPU's, that's 100% proven fact.

• Like 2

Did u seriously say you just built a computer, but have no idea what the parts do? Really? U atually posted on the forums rather than just playing the game?

Not sure if lazy

Or 12 year old that likes to be spoonfed answers

Did u seriously say you just built a computer, but have no idea what the parts do? Really? U atually posted on the forums rather than just playing the game?

Not sure if lazy

Or 12 year old that likes to be spoonfed answers

The latter. And I'm installing the game, that's why I was asking.

And I know what each part does, I built the damn thing.

Everything is fine, except maybe the CPU. Arma 2 is very dependent on that for performance. i5 2500K is a nice budget/performance choice. But with Arma 3 around the corner that won't be as much of an issue.

This

i3 is a dualcore which will bottleneck the gpu.

The latter. And I'm installing the game, that's why I was asking.

And I know what each part does, I built the damn thing.

I still dont quite understand why you posted on the forums instead of just playing the game.

don't listen to the intel haters, they're only annoyed because amd is garbage these days. Then again, you get what you pay for.

Your RAM and GFX card will be fine for running the game at 900 resolution (1 up from 720), but your processor isn't the fastest so be wary of how many graphics options you set to normal or low (and options selected with these will be handled by the cpu as opposed to gpu).

I've got the i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance and a 3GB EVGA nVidia GT 660ti SC. At 1080 resolution with everything up i sit at 60fps always..... until i hit cherno that is. It always drops about 10-30 fps (depending on server) when i nit the big city.

Anyway, your new system looks ok, so you shoule be fine to play on medium - high on a reasonable resolution. Should've gone for the i5 though ;)

Peace

That processor sounds like a bottleneck. I would have gone for AMD since i believe in the 100-150 euro range AMD has better bang for buck.

Please dont hate me.

That processor sounds like a bottleneck. I would have gone for AMD since i believe in the 100-150 euro range AMD has better bang for buck.

Please dont hate me.

120 for the 1090T which can easily be overclocked to 5ghz.

It will run at a stable fps. Dependent on your screen size quality and what number you think stable is. TBH it will run pretty poor.

I have pretty much the same, other than a better CPU and a worse graphics card. I run at 100-200 fps on low settings.

Edited by Sutinen

120 for the 1090T which can easily be overclocked to 5ghz.

Seriously? :)

I use a Phenom X6 and have built a few rigs using them this year I have never once seen an example that can be clocked to 5GHz on a cooling system any normal user would buy. It is a good CPU though but for gaming the 965BE is a better value buy especially as finding a 1090 or 1100T for anything other than stupid prices is now rare.

My opinion while Intel rules the high end of CPU's now for a build like the OP's I would prefer a Phenom II X4 965BE overclocked it equals the i3 gaming outside of gaming it is a better CPU than the i3

Seriously? :)

I use a Phenom X6 and have built a few rigs using them this year I have never once seen an example that can be clocked to 5GHz on a cooling system any normal user would buy. It is a good CPU though but for gaming the 965BE is a better value buy especially as finding a 1090 or 1100T for anything other than stupid prices is now rare.

My opinion while Intel rules the high end of CPU's now for a build like the OP's I would prefer a Phenom II X4 965BE overclocked it equals the i3 gaming outside of gaming it is a better CPU than the i3

Yes, seriously.

Mine runs at 5.2ghz with the stock cooler, it heats up to about 70c.

But there's a dual fan RAM cooler next to it, a 200mm above it and a 160mm at the back of the case and 2 120's at the front so enough cooling in the case itself.

Yes, seriously.

Mine runs at 5.2ghz with the stock cooler, it heats up to about 70c.

But there's a dual fan RAM cooler next to it, a 200mm above it and a 160mm at the back of the case and 2 120's at the front so enough cooling in the case itself.

Bullshit show a CPU-Z validation and a screenshot showing that speed prime95 stable at those temps

Impossible with any form of air cooler, hell people with full custom waterloops struggle to get to 4.5GHz on Denebs let alone Thubans...... you claim 5.2 on stock cooler!

1 more problem with your story 70 degrees is beyond the thermal throttle on Phenom II your CPU would have throttled down before it hit that temp if it didn't then it would have died.

You really should do some research before you make things up as your claim is ridiculous.