jgarbera@hotmail.com

2 Hackers on UK 87 server get pwned

Happened at about just after 1am uktime on the UK 87 server me and 2 other members of my clan were on the server one of our guys was getting killed by 2 snipers in ghillie suits we decided to meet up in elektro then the events that followed happened in the video i recorded to youtube

(apologies for the low light but original vids much brighter than on youtube but all we was after was names to faces :) )

one hacker called TAFFY the guy who gets shot up on the beach at 4:17

his buddy popus hoffan disconnects after teleporting away from the firefight then disconnecting at 4:52 when i said in chat that i recorded them.

all the stuff they had was put in ammo boxes and we destroyed the boxes so they couldnt be used will talk to the admin on the server next time im on to tell him what happened

Hi mate thank you for the heads up I have found and they will not join server again

Taffy : 49265ab72e22f77d3f81e5d705780a27 : guid

Popus Hoffan : 922faae32d38bfbe038ccee64f9a6738 : guid

Thank you guys :)

When idiots like this are proven to be using hacks with a video as evidence, a list of their GUIDS should be posted so every Server Admin can put them on their Ban List. They are now on my ban list as well...good job

Might want to pas their GUID+proof to the DayZ counter-hax team, so next time Taffy and Popus Hoffan wants to play they have to buy Operation Arrowhead again.

Jasperges' pid='107676' dateline='1339697792']

I believe the weapon he uses is a legit weapon in Dayz.

The guy who 'teleported' can also be in the player lobby before he disconnected.

this clip doesnt proof anything.

And ammo boxes on the beach, just a coincidence huh?

The guy who 'teleported' can also be in the player lobby before he disconnected.

And ammo boxes on the beach' date=' just a coincidence huh?

[/quote']

Well playing devil's advocate it's entirely possible they themselves came across the ammo crate sitting on the beach left by a hacker. I can not honestly say that I wouldn't take the opportunity to gear up if I found one as well.

I'm just saying..

Just to many coincidences...they just happened to find an ammo box on the beach at night... and the other guy just happened to teleport away when the fire fight started... i dont think so.

I appreciate you're trying to help the community but I don't think this report is justified. The evidence just doesn't seem conclusive to me.

It's entirely possible that "Popus Hoffan" isn't even involved and just happened to disconnect from the server, people are leaving and joining all the time. (I only see one player in the video)

and as for "TAFFY" he might of just stumbled upon the hacked ammo box himself, just as you did. I mean, it's right there on the coast for anyone to find so it's entirely possible. In your own words you found it "by pure chaance" just as he might of.

We have to look at it from both angles and not get too passionate or vigilant, I don't think it's fair to start banning them from your servers based on this alone, guys.

(pretend the positions were swapped and they were watching you investigate the ammo box, should they ban you?)

well to add more light to the matter one of the clan members i was with that night was constantly getting found and killed by 2 guys with ghillie suit ons now one of the other guys on had said he killed them both and we noticed people making alot of deaths and respawns so the crates were near one of the spawn area at at one point and we come to see 2 guys suiting up with ghillie suits in a pair and there was about 8-12 people on the server at the time 3 of wich being 1para members including myself i wish i had recorded more of that nights antics but it wasnt til i saw those guys loading up out of ammo boxes just out of view on that harbour as we was all trying to regroup after one of my team mates dying and respawning

I dont know what else to say on the matter but those crates were intentionally being used they never said anything in their defence at all wich goes to show really if they want to prove their innocence they can make an appeal.

As for the reason this video was posted was that im getting sick and tred of hackers on servers and showing some payback where its due as non-admins on a server.

But please dont insult me by saying what if this was the other way round i dont know if many people are familiar with the clan im in we have a very strict no cheats/hacks policy anyone found to be doin such is instanly removed from the clan.

this was mearly trying to help an admin out from another yes im an admin not for dayz obviously but for arma2 vanilla and ace servers and sometimes it does help having others watch out for you EbE has a great server going and i dont want it to be trashed by hackers

ramble over :p

• Like 1

The fact that they were looting up from a hacked ammo crate should be enough to get them banned in my opinion, whether they found it or not. There are so many people now using that loophole when they get banned or caught doing things they shouldn't be doing...claiming they didn't know or they are new to the game, that shit doesn't fly with any other game...you break the rules or hack, you get banned, there's no appeals or "i am new to the game" or "i didn't know" the innocent all get banned with the guilty and so it should be, if you do something you shouldn't and get banned you only have yourself to blame. Until something gets done to sort out the noobs who call themselves hackers, but pay for their hacks...there's no alternative.

That clip doesn't prove a single thing, its so dark you can barely see whats going on until the shooting begins

The M107 is a legit dayz weapon http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=M107

and so is the AS50 http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=BAF_AS50

Also I fail to see any evidence of the second "hacker" even being there let alone teleporting away, or evidence of said ammo box (you could at least have shown it in your "proof video".

As for the "Popus Hoffan disconnected" that can be a random guy deciding to go to sleep. There were several people connecting and disconnecting in the video.

You just sound really mad at the fact some wookies killed one of your guys a few times, 3.06 into your video, "they're fucking hackers and i'm going to fucking get them" where is the proof of the hacking, if they were hacking, they surely would have had much better gear, food, blood bags ect, instead of a sniper and some ammo, and a nice backpack.

Is the... M4A1 M203 SOPMOD SD CAM (I think) a legit weapon?

I don't know which server I was on last night but some twat shot me in the face after saying they were friendly and I should come to them.

Anyway, I couldn't respawn on that server so went to another, EU something but when I spawned I heard a machinegun being fired (presumably on newly-spawned players) from up on the hills in front so went to investigate.

I tried to follow the gunshots but when I got close I found a massive crate, which was full of weapons (like you get in Arma2 tutorials for MOAT or whatever it's called training).

I picked up the gun I mentioned at the start in the hope of finding whoever was shooting then killing them via their own hacked(?) crate... unfortunately they came back to resupply while I was perusing the goods and shot me in the face.

Shame.

Now - I'd never have used that weapon to kill any *other* player, but can't something be done to make these items just not work in DayZ... like if you get one in your inventory you get fired up into the air or something?

There should definitely be zero tolerance with this sort of thing, either from Rocket/BI/Admins... and that includes others such as myself who just happen to find someone else's crate. I won't be trying to loot one again, anyway.

Happened at about just after 1am uktime on the UK 87 server me and 2 other members of my clan were on the server one of our guys was getting killed by 2 snipers in ghillie suits we decided to meet up in elektro then the events that followed happened in the video i recorded to youtube

(apologies for the low light but original vids much brighter than on youtube but all we was after was names to faces :) )

one hacker called TAFFY the guy who gets shot up on the beach at 4:17

his buddy popus hoffan disconnects after teleporting away from the firefight then disconnecting at 4:52 when i said in chat that i recorded them.

all the stuff they had was put in ammo boxes and we destroyed the boxes so they couldnt be used will talk to the admin on the server next time im on to tell him what happened

I for one hate anybody who feels they need to cheat to be good at a game. However, all your video shows is that you killed one guy, and that somebody else disconnected soon after. Assuming the guy who "teleported" was the guy who disconnected, it is quite likely that the "teleport" was him disconnecting. You also have to take into account dsync and lag. And, as others have pointed out, they may have just found the ammo box on the beach. No part of this video proves that they were cheating. It seems to me that you were just annoyed that your friend was killed by these guys. Getting killed, and calling people hackers is such a cliché. If these guys end up getting banned because of this, I won't ever be able to play DayZ again out of fear I'll be banned for killing someone.

P.S What is with the marker off to your left in the video? I wasn't aware they were in DayZ. If they are, my bad. I'm just curious as to what it was marking.

P.S What is with the marker off to your left in the video? I wasn't aware they were in DayZ. If they are' date=' my bad. I'm just curious as to what it was marking.

[/quote']

That markers personal waypoing marker u can do it in some servers but not all depends on server difficulty its done if u have a map u can hold down left shit and click on the map and then it gives you a waypoint to where you want to go its part of the game before any idiots start jumping to irrational conclusions

Well as I brought the server so it is up to me to ban if I think they maybe chance of them hacking and after looking at the vid I made the choice to ban them.

Reason is with all the hackers around at the moment I am not taking any risks, I just want to make it so people can play on the server with out any problems from hackers anyone seeing this don't have to ban the people but I have.

So no need to say anymore on this post.

Thank you for posting.

Ignorance is not a form of innocence. If they can't realize that a crate with 100 of every weapon in the game is a hacked item, then they need to stop playing.