zython (DayZ)

Standalone: Actual Mtn Dew Curse

I'm thinking the standalone should have specific coding that makes life hell for anyone that has mountain dew in their inventory and these disadvantages would multiply based on the # of cans.

Example:

I pick up some dew

Unbeknownst to me the chances of a zombie breaking my legs with a punch has gone from 5% (est) to 50%

So on and so forth.

That's not to say the mod doesnt already have this coding though

You didn't hear it from me

• Like 1

Nice idea, lol.

But since it's sandbox, it probably won't happen.

If there were major disadv. for having it, there oughta be some hella treasure for getting one.

thats one of the stupidest ideas ive ever seen on this forum and ive seen many.

Can't handle the challenge

Typical pepsi/coke drinker

• Like 4

I fully endorse this idea, and would like to add that having an empty bottle of JD in your inventory should give you visual and movement impairment.

PS: the topic reminds me of sarcastaball :P

I think it's better to have people believe it's cursed. Whether or not the effects are actually coded in is irrelevant. The reputation is obviously already there otherwise you wouldn't have come up with this idea, so I say leave it as it is. It's much more intriguing not knowing.

I love it! I am currently carrying three cans of Mountain Dew, because I'm a rich bastard. With this in there, I could show people awesome I really am.

Hell no... you dont thinks its curse is already enough, it just doesnt break your legs... it kills you. Seriously.

Mt Dew is nothing.

Found a can a Dr Pepper the other day.

Now, that's something! The adventures I've had with this can, haha.

• Like 2

all yankee drinks is cursed i bet da yankees put a virus in da mountain dew and da poor russians turned into a zombie

Stop going off that damned cursed mountain dew story, its only meant for the "chosen ones" and all who are not worthy SUFFER!

Stop going off that damned cursed mountain dew story, its only meant for the "chosen ones" and all who are not worthy SUFFER!

Did I contradict myself?, its late at night and I'm just busy watching some awesome anime xD

hear ye hear ye the curse of the mountain dew is because of a certain "operation mountain dew" in which the american mountain dew makers planted a virus in all dew cans then shipped the drinks to russia where all ye poor peope got infected says i.

tis ye curse o da mountain dew teh american scientists put a toxin in da mountain dew and shipped it ovah to chernarus to zombify all dew drinkers it wuz part o the yankee governments scheme to take over russia

Challenge accepted, gonna go running around with a coyote bag full of mtn dew lol

Nice idea, lol.

But since it's sandbox, it probably won't happen.

If there were major disadv. for having it, there oughta be some hella treasure for getting one.

Your reward is getting to have mountain dew in bfe.