marklund

Noob need help!

Hello :) just bought and installed Arma2 and DayZ everything works when launches the game but I can connect till any server, "Bad version, server reject connection" or "Battleeye initilatzion failed" I have tryed found server by just starting the game from steam and from DayZCommander, Anyone got any idés ?

Make sure you are running the same version as the server displays!

Good luck out there!

Are you sure you are able to run Arma2:Operation Arrowhead by itself?

in DayZ Commander (use nothing else to launch), check the left side in the middle... put an X in the boxes for Hide Wrong DayZ and Arma2 version.

If you have done that and still can't get anywhere, go to Properties of Arma2 in steam Library.

Look for the option to Verify Local Cache files.

Let it do its thing. It will find some bad files.

When it is done, launch Arma2 from within Steam. It will re-install Battle Eye.

Then, do the same thing for Arma2:Operation Arrowhead.

If either of these last 2 steps fail, close steam. Relaunch steam as administrator (assuming you are in Windows 7).

Come back and let me know.

I found the install/update on Dayzcommander, and I notic my arma2 was out date, so am installing the new version of that and see how it goes :)

Are you sure you are able to run Arma2:Operation Arrowhead by itself?

in DayZ Commander (use nothing else to launch), check the left side in the middle... put an X in the boxes for Hide Wrong DayZ and Arma2 version.

If you have done that and still can't get anywhere, go to Properties of Arma2 in steam Library.

Look for the option to Verify Local Cache files.

Let it do its thing. It will find some bad files.

When it is done, launch Arma2 from within Steam. It will re-install Battle Eye.

Then, do the same thing for Arma2:Operation Arrowhead.

If either of these last 2 steps fail, close steam. Relaunch steam as administrator (assuming you are in Windows 7).

Come back and let me know.

Did every step u told me, still getting "bad server, server reject connect" cant understand whats wrong :S

Happened to me as well, make sure to check the 'Replace ArmA:OA files with beta' below the open with steam box on dayz commander.

That stinks.

I am getting that now too, but only one one server in my favorites. I am fully updated so I don't know what that is all about.

Anyhow, can you give me the server names of two of the ones you have tried? I will try to connect and see if I can see what you are seeing.

Thanks!

I think there is a conflict between what Commander things he loaded, and what ARMA actually has loaded.

Make sure what ARMA has loaded or not, by looking in ARMA, window before multiplayer, right down corner.

That stinks.

I am getting that now too, but only one one server in my favorites. I am fully updated so I don't know what that is all about.

Anyhow, can you give me the server names of two of the ones you have tried? I will try to connect and see if I can see what you are seeing.

Thanks!

May be server side prob, or you may have updated but not the server

• Like 1

Yeah, it's the server. They are on beta 97332, which I have no clue how to get. There are a few players on it, but not many.

But I doubt the original poster has the same issue. I'm sure he has tried many servers but don't know for sure.

Yeah, it's the server. They are on beta 97332, which I have no clue how to get. There are a few players on it, but not many.

But I doubt the original poster has the same issue. I'm sure he has tried many servers but don't know for sure.

You can roll back versions with commander, not sure about manually (you can do Im sure, I just dont know how. Fresh install i guess) Edited by Friday N

Yeah but DayZ Commander didn't have 97332.

I forgot and had to go back to the dark ages of manually installing a beta patch, pre-DayZ Commander.

Found the patches here:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Bummer for Marklund though. I hope he got it working and that's why we haven't heard back.

Eek, wish me luck fellas, I am about to attempt getting things to run. I am just finishing up all my Steam downloads now, and then I am going to attempt using DayZ Commander to get everything sorted.

I am going to follow these instructions on the wiki... I pray they are up to date!

I just bought the game, and i've never ben into the game, cause it's always bugging, i cant get into the game, and if i manange to get in it's as a bird

PLz give a clear guide of what to do.

Klesh, good luck.

Marc, no way can we help with what little you've typed.

plain_roc, I could respond about 30 different ways. Today I choose: "Wrong thread".

• Like 1

Marc, I've heard of that happening to players whose bandwidth isn't strong enough-so the game puts them in as spectators (birds). It's from Arma2, where if you die you can watch the rest of the battle as a bird and fly over.

I've only heard of it happening a couple of times. It happened once with my friend when I tried to run an arma2 armory server but my bandwith and his were both not good. So he was a blackbird.

Sorry I don't have a solution, just thought I'd mention it might be a broadband issue.

Klesh, good luck.

Thank buddy! Those wiki instructions worked just fine and I had zero problems whatsoever installing and getting up and running. Good to see another person from Massachusetts playing!