andrewmont

Mutilation, Hit Detection/Long Term Damage, Tougher Zombies, Gas Tank Shots.

Just a few ideas some may have already been said:

Hit detection/Long Term Damage: Shooting people in the foot twice with a DMR for example shouldn't kill them, really hope that in future where you shoot someone has a much larger impact on the damage/bleeding it will cause. Also 'crippling' limbs - this is meant to be a simulation so getting shot in the arm or leg should cripple you even Fallout 3 had this. Getting shot in the leg for example then you can't sprint for a good while till time has healed your wounds and a shot to the arm would highly reduce accuracy and perhaps stop the use of a two handed weapon. Getting shot then applying a bandage shouldn't just magically fix a bullet wound for christ's sake.

Basically just make the damage/health system as much like real life as possible. I think people underestimate the effect things like this can have - this would make people far more cautious about engaging in PvP as a single shot can mess up your character. Even though this isn't COD, the characters still can take an unrealistic amount of damage.

Mutilation: This is a crude idea but say a grenade goes off near you or someone shoots one of your limbs with a 50.BMG - you're gonna lose that limb. Assuming you survive this loss of limb you then need to worry about infection, getting a peg leg or becoming captain hook now that you've lost a hand. Imagine meeting a Day Z veteran with his grizzly appearance and he's missing an arm whilst weilding a sawn off shotgun.

Tougher Zombies: I understand this isn't the Romero zombies but I think guns should be less nerfed (as clearly shown above) for PvP and zombies should have the same health as humans if not more so that they're actually a challenge though of course head shot instant kill should remain.

Gas Tank Shot: Last but not least shooting any vehicle in it's gas tank should cause a nice little firework show.

I want this to be as much of a simulation as possible and I think these would all help.

Edited by AndrewM
  • Like 3

Love the mutilation idea, I could imagine seeing some scary individuals as time went on. I could see it now.. A clan named "CrippleZ" and there all in wheel chairs rolling down the highway :) Remember no idea is a bad idea!

Gas tanks don't explode when shot.

Depends on what they're shot with but yeah my mistake.

I like the cripplez deal. I see a bunch of dudes rollin' towards me on wheelchairs with sawn offs..i am the fuk out of that shit and into the forest !

Losing limbs, even fingers or a quick bite to the arm and the associated infection would make people think twice about the whole extremely easy run and gun with zeds deal.

Gas tank's don't actully blow up when you shoot them. Maybe if you hit the fuel rail or dmaage the engine in a way that sets fuel lines, maybe then. But nah, not realistic.

Fuel tanks don't blow up, true.

What they can do, especially with straight-metal gas tanks, is catch fire.

And once it's going, unless it happens in front of the fire dpt., you wont be stopping and you won't be able to save that car.

Firstperson Bandage animations as in FarCry2 but realistically longer and a lot more disturbing.

for example Imagine Bandaging a deep bite from a 4 months dead Cannibal, and later down the road mending the infection could be Horrifying and add to the emergence.

Depends on what they're shot with but yeah my mistake.

Tracers get hot enough to make it catch fire probably.

Stay classy thomas.

Edited by noobsmcgee