IndyAM

Barbed Wire vs Vehicles

So, if I set up barbed wire across a road, and a vehicle (car, Motorbike, truck, bicycle) drives over it, will it stop or break or something?

The ambush potential is too great for me not to ask this question!

Thanks

Nope, most vehicles can run over it. V3S, URAL, Offroad, UAZ, old hatchback, bus...not sure about bikes, motorbikes or ATVs, though. I would highly doubt the ATV, considering it can't even drive over a bridge safely.

• Like 3

Ok cheers, what about the Tank Traps & Sandbags? :)

Use ur brain plz

Seriously? Sense dictates that barbed wire gets caught and breaks wheels of a vehicle.

Can a tank trap stop a moving vehicle, and can sandbags? Serious question.

• Like 1

Seriously? Sense dictates that barbed wire gets caught and breaks wheels of a vehicle.

Can a tank trap stop a moving vehicle, and can sandbags? Serious question.

Ignore that other guy, he's...not no what to say.

But anyway, I haven't actually been daring enough to try a vehicle against sandbags or especially tank traps. What kind of vehicle are you talking about?

Ideally cars or trucks, basically I can imagine traps right the way across the road either between Cherno/Elektro or up to Stary with sandbags & Tank Traps across the road, if it stopped the vehicle, you could get an easy sniper shot and then you'd have all their gear and vehicle.

Ideally cars or trucks, basically I can imagine traps right the way across the road either between Cherno/Elektro or up to Stary with sandbags & Tank Traps across the road, if it stopped the vehicle, you could get an easy sniper shot and then you'd have all their gear and vehicle.

I havn´t tried it though. And i don´t want to but if you place a tank trap in a turn or something, a fast moving vehicle will most likely crash into it :) Because I've never been able to drive trough one in normal ARMA 2 multiplayer. I recommend you to try it out :D

If someone hasn't tried it by this weekend, I'll set one up near the hill between Cherno & Elektro and watch and wait :D

And I'll put up a vid :)

If someone hasn't tried it by this weekend, I'll set one up near the hill between Cherno & Elektro and watch and wait :D

Ultimate Campfest

sweet :D could I join you? ^^ I want to have a vid of it myself :3 Edited by landwarrior

I'll have to find out when/what server this happens on and I might PM you :)

But if there's a few of us, I might have to keep it secret for everyone's safety ;)

This should happen tonight or tomorrow hopefully!

sandbags and wire fences dont stop vehicles like cars, tractors and atvs, only tank traps do

sandbags and wire fences dont stop vehicles like cars, tractors and atvs, only tank traps do

Thanks... Now to find somewhere to set up a roadblock between Cherno & Elektro with no way round... :D

Was there a change at some point because this video shows otherwise:

Ok cheers, what about the Tank Traps & Sandbags? :)

Both tank traps and sandbags stand up to vehicles. I drove a Ural into a sandbag today and it got damaged.

Tank trap, the most obvious one of them all. "TANK TRAP"

Most of the time. Yes. Mainly because the driver will stop right before it thinking it will disable the vehicle when it won't. So its a good fool to drivers.

I didn't find enough tank traps to get this done, however I did massacre a load of Bandits to lose my hero status.

If someone wants to try and upload a video, I'm sure we'd all be grateful.

It is a TANK TRAP ie. it stops TANKS. I think it is safe to say it can stop a small car or a jeep

Finally someone with some sense! You have my beans captain obvious :)

• Like 1

Was there a change at some point because this video shows otherwise:

What i think happened in the video is that the driver stopped before hitting the barbedwire and started to back up.