Xiltix25

Change the M136 to something more usefull?

M136  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Change M136 (Rocket launcher) to?

• FIM-92F Stinger (AA and AT)
    • Strela-2 9K32 (AA)
    • M47 Dragon (TOW)
    • FGM-148 Javelin (AT)
    • RPG-7V (No-lock, Rockets only take 2 slots per rocket)

Title says it all

To take a the m136 is a mega sacrifice, to loose a backpack and to take 6 slots of your main inventory meaning you only have 6 slots (excluding the pistol inventory) for food and main rifle ammo.

For this shouldn't we be given a more a beneficial weapon?

the m136 is at the moment down right useless unless your travelling in a really big pack

Now i want to hear the rest of the community

These are the weapons in the poll

FIM-92F Stinger (AA and AT):

Takes up the exact same amount of space as the M136 but to offer both AA and AT lock on gives it more of a purpose than the M136

Strela-2 9K32 (AA):

Pretty much the same as the stinger but only locks on to helicopters

M47 Dragon (TOW):

Takes up the same amount as M136, but doesn't have a lock-on feature but rather follows where your pointing at

FGM-148 Javelin (AT):

Just as much as the M136, but only AT for taking out those run away cars

RPG-7V (No-lock, Rockets only take 2 slots per rocket):

Takes away your backpack but to have 3 rockets, for the same damage and less space.

How about we remove the weapon completely because there really is no need for a rocket launcher in a post apocalyptic zombie world where average joes are trying to survive.

• Like 8

Change the M136 to something more usefull?

Started by Xiltix25, Today, 12:48 PM

but where are this usefull suggestions?

High tier AA & AT weapons, srsly?

I bet u wouldnt even know how to use the M136 but yea it's so easy to use high tier AA & AT launchers and soldiers only have a months/years long training because it's fun

and even if u'd know how to use them

why are they more usefull

u simply want to replace an AT weapon with an other one?

where do u need AT weapons in this game?

How is a AA usefull if there is only one choppa per map?

Edited by Magicool
  • Like 1

I choose Javelin, because when you find a mothafuckin' Rocket launcher you want to destroy all the cars and party Bus. But I don't want a chopper to be destroyed so easily with a Stinger.

I loves me my SMAW from takilstan life.

SMAW and RPG-7 are interchangeable

How about we remove the weapon completely because there really is no need for a rocket launcher in a post apocalyptic zombie world where average joes are trying to survive.

Its more of a high tier weapon, not really something a newbie with painkillers will carry around more of something carried by Bandits who travel in packs

but where are this usefull suggestions?

High tier AA & AT weapons, srsly?

I bet u wouldnt even know how to use the M136 but yea it's so easy to use high tier AA & AT launchers and soldiers only have a months/years long training because it's fun

and even if u'd know how to use them

why are they more usefull

u simply want to replace an AT weapon with an other one?

where do u need AT weapons in this game?

How is a AA usefull if there is only one choppa per map?

Thats what i stated the RPG-7, to have the exact same weapon but less of the space wastage.

The M136 is already a high tier weapon, but its just one of those weapon thrown into tent because no one wants it.

Trying to take down a chopper is near to impossible unless your carrying around an AS50 or M107.

The M136 is useless in Arma itself. I played plenty of Arma to know this, I prefer a SMAW or the RPG-7 over it anytime

Edited by Xiltix25

Its more of a high tier weapon, not really something a newbie with painkillers will carry around more of something carried by Bandits who travel in packs

And that is exactly the problem, such high tier weapons are completely unnecessary for a game like this.

This is a zombie survival simulator, not a military combat simulator. I can't believe I have to explain this.

Nobody in their sane mine would take a rocket launcher to use as a survival tool against zombies or even players.

Not only would it slow you down incredibly, it would only be effective against vehicles, not against zombies or players, so the only use it will have is destroying stuff, that shit belongs in military combat simulators.

And that is exactly the problem, such high tier weapons are completely unnecessary for a game like this.

This is a zombie survival simulator, not a military combat simulator. I can't believe I have to explain this.

Nobody in their sane mine would take a rocket launcher to use as a survival tool against zombies or even players.

Not only would it slow you down incredibly, it would only be effective against vehicles, not against zombies or players, so the only use it will have is destroying stuff, that shit belongs in military combat simulators.

If this was real life.. and I came across a Rocket Launcher ... Hell ya I would take it.. You never know what will be useful to have with you until you need something and don't have it.

Edited by setayn

instructions are printed on the tube.

how ever the training makes up the difference between effective use, and oops I just removed my friends face because he was standing behind me.

how ever I agree with its removal from the game, I doubt bandit groups would be out hunting with an anti tank weapon, its hard to scavenge beans to eat and women to rape when they are mere mince meat inside there car after your attack.

Edited by Skrewy

If this was real life.. and I came across a Rocket Launcher ... Hell ya I would take it.. You never know what will be useful to have with you until you need something and don't have it.

Oh boy..

You do realize that rocket launchers are extremely heavy, that due to the nature of the ammunition you can carry maybe 2-3 shots.

That a single shot will explode, only killing zeds in a small area while attracting at least 10x more zeds in the process because it makes a ridiculously high explosion.

Let's not forget it means you can't really hold anything else on you and that it's also not practical against vehicles ingame.

A few bullets at the right spot is more than enough to take out the average vehicle and those and the gun are easier to wear and a lot more practical to use against zeds and survivors.

Those launchers were pretty much made to counter heavy armor/vehicles and airborne targets.

And expect for the odd helicopter you wont be seeing those, so unless you go hunting for helicopters which is kind of a weird fetish they don't seem useful in zombie survival situations.

If anything the M136 should be staight up swapped for RPG-7 purely to go with the scenery.

While I understand that it doesn't make sense to use these weapons in an apocalyptic setting, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they would be in a military base somewhere.

Strictly speaking there's no NEED for any firearms if average Joe is just going about his business trying to survive, but that's not the point, we're supposed to be able to do what we want.

Any long range explosives are a bit OTT in my book, but then so are anti materiel rifles.

I still wouldn't want anything removed, I just think there should be mainly Russian/European weapons. I think there should be more variety and choice along with WAY, WAY increased rarity for ALL military gear.

Oh boy..

You do realize that rocket launchers are extremely heavy, that due to the nature of the ammunition you can carry maybe 2-3 shots.

The M136 (14 lbs) weighs HALF OF WHAT A M107 (28 lbs) or AS50 (29 lbs) WEIGHS. But if you pick up a rocket launcher, there goes your backpack.

This post amuses me. As does the OPs post since it doesn't allow the option of, "It's fine...if you want to blow up and instant-kill 5 people at the same time, then fuck your backpack." Which is how I would vote.

we're supposed to be able to do what we want.

Ha, really. That's an interesting way to put it. I thought you were supposed to be able to do what you want within the constraints of a post-apocalyptic zombie survival simulator. Scripters are the ones doing what they want.

Edited by BazBake

Wow, one sentence out of context, you're a true hero.

Get a grip or go QQ about hackers somewhere else.

EDIT: Rockets whole outlook, from what I've read, is to give everybody freedom to play as they wish. Removing options/weapons from the game would be exactly the same as punishing bandits

(I am not a bandit in game)

Don't quote my perfectly valid point and then try to make me look stupid. That's not cool

Edited by Chabowski

so rare, and useless. come on, its not like you can damage buildings with explosives like BC2

Strictly speaking there's no NEED for any firearms if average Joe is just going about his business trying to survive, but that's not the point, we're supposed to be able to do what we want.

Any long range explosives are a bit OTT in my book, but then so are anti materiel rifles.

I still wouldn't want anything removed, I just think there should be mainly Russian/European weapons. I think there should be more variety and choice along with WAY, WAY increased rarity for ALL military gear.

Removing all firearms, including civilian and low security force firearms would make it really hard to fend of zombies. They are basically a requirement.

As far as I'm concerned rocket launchers are unnesseary and I will say the same about anti material rifles and most high grade military gear. (Low grade would be fine.)

Removing high grade assault rifles and sniper rifles might actually do more harm. They are trying to combat an infection. It makes some sense for the military to go out with anti personal equipment.

Ultimately the only way to 'balance' this is to make high grade military ammunition more scarce and making the weapons harder to maintain due to their complexity.

The M136 (14 lbs) weighs HALF OF WHAT A M107 (28 lbs) or AS50 (29 lbs) WEIGHS. But if you pick up a rocket launcher, there goes your backpack.

This post amuses me. As does the OPs post since it doesn't allow the option of, "It's fine...if you want to blow up and instant-kill 5 people at the same time, then fuck your backpack." Which is how I would vote.

I meant it more in the sense of volume rather than mass.

They are big, bulky and not something you can put away easily in your travels unless you store it in a car.

I'm pretty confident that it's not a very ideal tool to go about and killing zeds or people with. Rocket launchers are pretty much meant for AT or AA.

Not to forget what I said earlier, the ammunition would really be a hassle to carry around with you. Ultimately it wont be much use.

One more thing, like I mentioned earlier it makes sense for the military to go out and do something about these Zeds. They would bring lots of military weapons with them and the like but why would the military bring rocket launchers to a battle that is fought purely against personnel?

That's two strikes against rocket launchers. Impractical and it makes no sense.

Wow, one sentence out of context, you're a true hero.

Get a grip or go QQ about hackers somewhere else.

EDIT: Rockets whole outlook, from what I've read, is to give everybody freedom to play as they wish. Removing options/weapons from the game would be exactly the same as punishing bandits

(I am not a bandit in game)

Don't quote my perfectly valid point and then try to make me look stupid. That's not cool

I want to be able to kill survivors, fill their body parts with explosives and fling the body-parts into a crowd of zeds and see the gory mess of an explosion that follows about one minute later.

Point being, people should be allowed to play however they want. But sometimes there needs to be a big red sign that says: no.

Some things might harm the gameplay balance, might not fit within the story, might not work well with the desired setting or turn the mood from a serious, tension filled apocalypse into saints row 3 with zombies.

I say keep it in. It isn't hurting anyone, unless it does, but that's not the point. If the point of the game is to emulate zombie survival, then OF COURSE there should be rocket launchers. The real world has them, why shouldn't this game? If this were a real life zombie apocalypse and I happened across a motherducking rocket launcher I'd take it. Having one might come in handy. You never know.

@Master Z

Not so much. The M136 is 3 and a half feet long...loaded. The M107 and AS50 are about 5 feet long. But if you pick up the M136, there goes your backpack. The M136, in real life, takes up less space than the ..50 caliber rifles. It probably takes up less space than the M240 if we're going to be honest.

These were changed so that gamers could play with the big guns without having to worry about such things as weapon size.

I think Rocket has only kept the launcher in as he plans that we can use it as a chimney for a home made potbelly stove. I can taste that sizzling boar now.

• Like 1

I think Rocket has only kept the launcher in as he plans that we can use it as a chimney for a home made potbelly stove. I can taste that sizzling boar now.

Ahem "cough, bong, Cough"

Seriously though you don't have to drop your pack for it. Here's a craaaaazy idea for you. Put it in the pack ? Wanna blow some shiz up ? drop the pack, remove the mahoosive launcher from that tiny alice pack like your dynamo, and make your very own V35 and Bus pizza !

Do you know how common those things are beyond the old curtain?

Grocery List:

• eggs
  • milk
  • flour
  • ham
  • pastas
  • cheese
  • motherfucking RPG-7

Considering it has no lock-on capabilities and it's reusable, I'd damn well take it over a backpack.

Unlike the M136 which is more of a novelty item, the RPG-7 makes more sense.

So yeah, bring in the RPG-7, get rid of the m136 and keep the whole drop-your-backpack-for-this-delicious-candy deal.

Bring in two types of rounds.

HEAT and HE (or HE Tandem). Make the first one rare already and make the second thrice as rare.

M136 is designed for easy use and easy to carry. And you certainly can carry one with a backpack.

HEAT and HE (or HE Tandem). Make the first one rare already and make the second thrice as rare.

As much as i'd love to see RPG 7 in DayZ, i cannot imagine why you would need to be able to penetrate 600-900 mm of armour with a tandem HEAT round. How about HE-Fragmentation round as the super rare special round as it has a kill radius of tens of meters.

I chose the rpg. As much as I'd love to have a stinger to destroy any vehicle I want in an instant I don't think it makes much sense that your average joe survivor would be able to use it.

I know it has tons of instructions for idiots on it, but still.

The rpg would make much more sense in chernarus, plus it shouldn't be very rare to find. Its rockets on the other hand should probably be a little more rare. Should only spawn in military points obviously.

Also I don't see why you shouldn't be able to have a pack on your back while using it, I think the same rules as with any other weapon should apply. Both .50 cal snipers probably weigh more and take more space than an rpg anyway.

Edited by Mandalore

RPG would make the most sense beside the Strela because it's their "homeground". But do we really need to blow up things that badly?

I'd rather have

• eggs
  • milk
  • flour
  • ham
  • pastas
  • cheese

in an apocalype where food is very rare.

Edited by Enforcer

Swap all explosives for butter, cheese and ham.

AS50 for flour, M107 for sugar, add milkable cows.

Picnic at NW airfield anyone? All are welcome. The bandits and hackers will be bringing sandwiches and fairy cakes.