BuzzBurridge

FN FAL the best all rounder?

I've been using the FN FAL a lot and even though its ammo is rare and its pretty loud I really find it a great all round weapon, mainly because of its high damage per shot and great accuracy. Do you all agree or what weapon do you think is better as a good all rounder?

Nope.

M14 AIM is better than the FN FAL because...

Ammo is easier to find. More range. Better sight. You can fire it as fast as possible.

Nothing more need be said.

• Like 1

Only used it once... within 5 mins of finding it I managed to pop someone in the back of the head from 400m+

So Yeah I like it :P

But I'd rather have an M14

I find the M14 way to bulky to use in close combat. But I will agree that its Ammo is way easier than FN FAL. I also like how many people confuse a person with a M14 for a DMR sniper and freak out.

• Like 1

I would love the FN FAL except for one thing, that damn aperture sight. I know it's just a personal thing, but I hate that sight (same as the M16/M4 variants), I just find it awkward when matched up to something intuitive like the AK sights, or the G17

M14 aim is the best all rounder IMO. FN Fal is pretty good though, I wouldn't complain with either.

• Like 2

M14 was my former favorite, but then a Mk48 mod 0 entered my life..

Mk48 rapes evrything, cars, choppers, bandits, survivors.

100 round, aimpoint, high dmg, full auto = i win.

• Like 2

I would love the FN FAL except for one thing, that damn aperture sight. I know it's just a personal thing, but I hate that sight (same as the M16/M4 variants), I just find it awkward when matched up to something intuitive like the AK sights, or the G17

I'm interested to see how your using the AK and G17 because I find it really hard to hit anything at long range with those weapons iron sights. Even though G17 is my favorite side arm.

M14 was my former favorite, but then a Mk48 mod 0 entered my life..

Mk48 rapes evrything, cars, choppers, bandits, survivors.

100 round, aimpoint, high dmg, full auto = i win.

Agreed MK48 = Aim with 100 Bullets

The M14 AIM has better sights and a better rate of fire than the FN FAL, so I would say that's the best close to mid range weapon.

The M14 AIM has better sights and a better rate of fire than the FN FAL, so I would say that's the best close to mid range weapon.

Get out past 200m and the AIM sight is rubbish, the dot is too big and pixelated and it obscures targets, much better for intermediate and close up than the FAL though.

I honestly think the best all rounder is any fo the m16/m4 versions, good accuracy at any range and STANAG is hidden under every rock.

• Like 1

8000 blood damage with 180m audible range, #1 in all assault rifles in audible range, even an m240 is just as loud with the same ironsights and much more ammo (both mag size and rarity factor)

so...

Edited by Pie Flavor

No love for the AKM?

People tend to ignore the Brutus of all Assault Rifles.

Ammo for it is everywhere, even more common than DMR mags, which is saying.

Not as damaging, but the zeroing makes it for a better long range gun than the M14 itself.

Also a higher fire rate than the FN FAL and a higher effective fire rate than the M14.

As an added bonus, people tend less to pussy-out of fights if they hear an AKS/AK74/AK74-K/AKM (most players can't differentiate the sound past a short range) than if they hear a M14/DMR/M24/FN FAL being shot.

I investigate AK/AKM shots, I run away from M14/DMR/M24/FN FAL shots.

It's just too f*cking loud, i prefer the M16ACOG and AKM over the FN FAL, also you find ammo for M variants way more often than FAL ammo

also, AKM is three-hit kill and has zeroing, aside from every other assault rifle

Edited by Zombo

I'm a beast with the FAL one hit drops anyone.

All your shitty guns won't last long against me and my FAL, unless ur a sniper...even then u better hope ur 600/800m away.

I grab what I can and upgrade on the fly. So if I find AKM I'm happy pumpkin but I guess I would swap it for M14 AIM if given the chance.

But yea, for me AKM & M14 AIM are most favourite guns and if I feel like sniping, I like CZ550 because it has the proper feeling of survivalism rather then those fancy nancy hi-grade mil weapons (AS50,M107).

FN FAL all the way baby. I used to roll M14 AIM but once it gets out to 300m the accuracy of the red dot sight is awful. The FAL has very accurate sights, just like the AKM - another favourite of mine. I killed 5 bandits in Elektro yesterday with the FAL, one of them thought I was a sniper and the other two asked me what gun that I was using because "it sounded like a cannon" - intimidating as shit to the coastal dwellers.

• Like 1

I don't really know what's wrong with FN Fal, people hate it way too much. I like AKM the most, but I like FN Fal as well.

The FN FAL can two-shot people, but the ammo is only found at heli crash sites

unless using ammo refilling exploits, the gun is worse in every aspect than the M14 aim

and the NVG variant of the fn fal is even worse, since it's completely useless at day

if i found a FAL and an AKM, i'd take the AKM for sure

Get out past 200m and the AIM sight is rubbish, the dot is too big and pixelated and it obscures targets, much better for intermediate and close up than the FAL though.

I only use it in CQC myself, so I wouldn't say that's a problem. For me it's more important to be able to quickly take aim at a target close range, than firing accurately at ranges above 100m, and in this regard the M14 AIM is superior to the FAL.

I honestly think the best all rounder is any fo the m16/m4 versions, good accuracy at any range and STANAG is hidden under every rock.

I suppose it depends on what you are going to use it for. I for one dislike the M4/M16 variants because of their low stopping power. It's frustrating to put 5-8 bullets into someone's upper chest without him dropping down, and then get killed. I will only pick a M4/M16 variant over an AKM if I'm going to actively loot towns for gear and need the extra ammo and firepower to quickly dispose of zombies.

The FN FAL can two-shot people, but the ammo is only found at heli crash sites

unless using ammo refilling exploits, the gun is worse in every aspect than the M14 aim

and the NVG variant of the fn fal is even worse, since it's completely useless at day

if i found a FAL and an AKM, i'd take the AKM for sure

If you are already well-geared and play as a sniper you won't need much more than 3-4 clips for it to defend yourself against other players.

Edited by Herr Robert

I'd have to say the FN FAL after using it for very little time, I just wish ammo wasn't so damn rare.