BuzzBurridge

Awesomeness that is L85A2 AWS

When I finally find this mother flicking gun, I will dance a joyously jiggling jig, thrusting my flabby floundering flaps furiously in excitement! Woe to you oh earth and sea on the day I finally discover the elusive L85.

I wish they remove snipers to and thermo and then maybe people would go for close combat instead of hideing like pussys

Above poster, I wish the pussies would stop crying for a nerf and learn to play! ffs you people love to cry over everything you suck at combating!

Oh yes I mother fucking did!

Its Not the only weapon with thermo vision. AS50 also has thermo.

The AS 50 thermo is a hacked in weapon. But I do find it funny the amount of people crying over snipers and the thermal! Next LMG and the Noobtube M203 OMG OP!!

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 2

Awesome scope, terrible gun. I only use it if I am on overwatch.

Its a damn good rifle, what lets it down is the scope is for 300m+ targets, The LA85 is good and true to about 250-300m+ max as a single fire unit....

used to hate the gun, though its a good counter to players camping at famous spots and those darn green yetis with weapons

the high magnifying scope makes it useless in CQC, but when going into CQC with it you are doing something very wrong... spotting, that is

The Thermal is nice for when you need to scan and clear areas quickly, but the gun isn't all that great.

NVGs are going to require batteries in the standalone so presumably so will Thermal sights. That should take the edge off of it.

The Thermal is nice for when you need to scan and clear areas quickly, but the gun isn't all that great.

NVGs are going to require batteries in the standalone so presumably so will Thermal sights. That should take the edge off of it.

this will be extremely great, since the guns optics can't be put into a non-battery consuming mode, it will be a big disadvantage

Is the gun so bad? Its pretty good in ARMA 2..british guns are sexy. Wish there was a version without thermal scope.

• Like 1

Is the gun so bad? Its pretty good in ARMA 2..british guns are sexy. Wish there was a version without thermal scope.

There is in ARMA 2, Its the LA85 SUSAT. (Sight Unit Small Arms, Trilux)

Just a little pic of me while i served with my LA85-A2 (SA80-A2)

Obj6r.jpg

• Like 3

There is in ARMA 2, Its the LA85 SUSAT. (Sight Unit Small Arms, Trilux)

Just a little pic of me while i served with my LA85-A2 (SA80-A2)

Obj6r.jpg

Ah a scotsman! Wait no booze in the pic I call photoshopped! ;)

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 1

Ah a scotsman! Wait no booze in the pic I call photoshopped! ;)

Aye indeed! i am of the Kilted Breed!.... You cannot see under the bed... and neither could my Sergeant. trust me there is booze in that room!!

• Like 1

the L85 is perfectly accurate in RL (450m with Iron Sights, 650m with the SUSAT (sight unit small arms trilux IIRC).

I know because I used to bulls-eye swamp-rats with it back home.

• Like 1

I hope the Standalone will get this with iron sights or a SUSAT scope. That scope has to be removed from this game, this is not coming from someone who has been killed by it, but if every "Clan" has 50 of these in their tents, it gets kinda ridiculous.

the L85 is perfectly accurate in RL (450m with Iron Sights, 650m with the SUSAT (sight unit small arms trilux IIRC).

I know because I used to bulls-eye swamp-rats with it back home.

can i just correct you ever so slightly on your figures.... Single rifleman using an SA80 A2 Rifle with SUSAT is accurate to 200m. a group of 4 increases that to 600m...

one thing I'm curious about, does the scope have a max distance it picks up heat signatures? I was watching some zombies far off with the nvg but when I flipped to thermal they weren't showing up, in both zoom settings did this zombie take an ice bath or is there a limit to the thermal scope?

also I find the rifle to be good cos it uses stanag mags, so this for spotting and an m4 for use in close means I dont need to manage different magazines types.

Although I'd agree with removing this variant from day z standalone along with the anti material rifles (who would carry a 15 kg/33 pound rifle, full backpack, backup assault rifle and ammo in a zombie Apocalypse.)

one thing I'm curious about, does the scope have a max distance it picks up heat signatures? I was watching some zombies far off with the nvg but when I flipped to thermal they weren't showing up, in both zoom settings did this zombie take an ice bath or is there a limit to the thermal scope?

also I find the rifle to be good cos it uses stanag mags, so this for spotting and an m4 for use in close means I dont need to manage different magazines types.

Although I'd agree with removing this variant from day z standalone along with the anti material rifles (who would carry a 15 kg/33 pound rifle, full backpack, backup assault rifle and ammo in a zombie Apocalypse.)

uhh dead people wouldn't give off a heat signature

I'm using it with AS50 when I want to hunt down some players. Spot the heat with L85 and kill with AS50.

Fun fact the L85A2 AWS is a made up thing. The sight model on it is a CWS which is just a horribley crap out of date NV sight. The thermal ability is based on VIPIR which looks different, eats AA and AAA batteries like they are going out of fashion but is almost as awesome as the thermal in game. When I was still serving VIPIR was like rocking horse shit we had 3 in an entire Infantry company (although as armoured we may have had a smaller allocation as all our vehicles had thermal)

• Like 1

Why?? everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

And the only thing an opinion then entitles you to is being wrong.

Not pointing at this argument, just saying that "it's my opinion" is not an argument.

Thermal scopes and anti-material rifles have no place in a zombie game.

Oh yes, might you say that it's realistic. The apocalypse didnt destroy them all.

But, DayZ stays a videogame which cannot escape the limitations of itself. A line must be drawn between realism and balance.

And it should be drawn before we get to those elements.

The game should try to emulate other works about zombies like 28 Days Later, Dawn Of The Dead and The Walking Dead (the comic, mostly. The show as backup).

Never did see any of those items in those.

Edited by Axelord FTW

i didn't watch the video, i'm going right now, but the only time i had that gun was like having something non-legit..and works with stanag rounds..this isn't a big difference, not a lot of people carry that for the shooting, but just for the optics..i think it should be removed, even if without the duping issue it would be much better

When I was still serving VIPIR was like rocking horse shit we had 3 in an entire Infantry company (although as armoured we may have had a smaller allocation as all our vehicles had thermal)

the whole italian army has about 5 .50 cal antimaterial sniper rifles...just saying and speaking about the other beast in the game: as 50