Dreyk (DayZ)

Adrenaline Shot idea

I think it would be cool if they could create something like an adrenaline shot (different effects from the epinhephrine) which could be added to the list of meds you can get in this mod.

It could give you increased speed whilst running and perhaps allow you to carry more loot and take more damage for a period of time.

They could even implement a withdrawl type symptom system so if you took to much within a certain timeframe it could be potentially be detrimental to your health.

Yay or Nay ?

Nay, all its going to do to a healthy body is kill ya...

Epinephrine (known as adrenaline) is already in game.

Epinephrine IRL does not increase your speed or allow you to carry more. In game it is used to revive someone who is unconscious or who's heart is stopped (if your heart is stopped, you will have an unlimited timer).

Only if you use it repeatedly it needs to have some sort of balance

Go outside, grab an epi-pen. Shoot it in your thigh, tell me what happens, then add that up with pure adrenalin and not epinephrine..

It could give you increased speed whilst running and perhaps allow you to carry more loot and take more damage for a period of time.

This was part of a STALKER mod if I remember it correctly, but´s not working here and is nonsense IMO.

Epinephrine (known as adrenaline) is already in game.

Epinephrine IRL does not increase your speed or allow you to carry more. In game it is used to revive someone who is unconscious or who's heart is stopped (if your heart is stopped' date=' you will have an unlimited timer).

[/quote']

Wait, what? Your heart can stop?

How?!

Let there be amphetamines then! :) Anyway, the medical system can be expanded, I think:

1) Maybe implement the system like in HaH. There you have two HP bars, represented orange and red. The red one represents your overall health and maximum of damage you're able to take. It regains very slowly and hard. The orange one is consumed when you get hurt, when it drops to zero, you fall unconsciuos and then the red HP is affected. Orange bar repleshished by food, simple healing and over time. The main idea behind this is to create a distinction between how strong health the person have overall and how the body is damaged.

2) In RL morphine doesn't magically heal fractures. It may be considered as a temporary relief, but it have nothing to do with broken bones themselves. This may be like this. When you broke a bone, you get a morphine shot to fast recover and end the battle, but then you have to apply a splint and wear it some time to get the bone to regrow. Also, morphine is a painkiller too, so it should be interchangeable with ordinary painkillers and vice versa. For example, morphine take off the "pain" status too, and painkillers may also take off the "broken bone" status (maybe you have to take 2-3 of them to gain an effect).

3) Characters are marathone runners now. Can run many kilometers without fatigue and then quickly recover the breath.

4) Tranquilizers to calm down when panicked. May also help to stabilize aiming but in pay of reduced running speed.

I learn something new about medical science...

Could epi-pen have more of a chance to revive the dead then?

Depends what you mean by dead.

As I understand it, it can restart someone's heart who is experiencing cardiac arrest. But I'm no doctor...

I wouldn't make this overcomplicated. It can quickly turn into a field nurse sim.

Adrenaline shots, defibrillators not even 50 cans of beans will revive your friend who got shot in the face or devoured by zeds. I stayed at a Holiday Inn so I'm qualified to speak on this matter.

I'm a medic in an ambulance organization (much like the red cross)

I had to perform CPR 3 times already.

Normally it performs as:

1. Patients heart start to fibrilate -> CPR -> Defibrilation to "reset" the heart

2. If this doesnt work the heart will stop beating -> doc will try to "revive" the heart with epi-injection

3. If heart starts beating again -> CPR -> Defibrilation until the heart is in the right rythm again

Epinephrine is the name Americans use for Adrenaline.

It is used for cardiac arrest, as it makes muscles contract, and makes the heart beat faster. So if the heart stops, an adrenaline injection (or epi-shot) can make it restart. It usually restarts with an anormal rythm, so if that's the case you defibilate to try and correct the rythm.

If your heart is stopped for more than a couple of minutes, brain damage is a high probability, and adrenaline doesnt always work to restart the heart.

Adrenaline is also used for allergy attacks (anaphylactic shock). People who have a chance of having an anaphylactic shock can be given an epi-pen and tought how to use it in case.

Giving an adrenaline shot to a person in good health can have a chance of have severe secondary effects though.

Source: Med-student.

Should add drugs, like speed and meth, so while people are doing in-game drugs maybe I will have a freaking chance to get out of a starting area without being killed!

As I understand it' date=' it can restart someone's heart who is experiencing cardiac arrest. But I'm no doctor...

[/quote']

Basically that is what I mean. A chance to revive a dead person?

Supposedly my friend in town gets killed and looted.

Can I get a chance to come back and revive him within 30 minutes or before he logs out with epi-pen?

I understand modding has it's limits and I have never modded ARMA so I don't know how much 'Medical/Health' aspects you can control.

As I understand it' date=' it can restart someone's heart who is experiencing cardiac arrest. But I'm no doctor...

[/quote']

Basically that is what I mean. A chance to revive a dead person?

Supposedly my friend in town gets killed and looted.

Can I get a chance to come back and revive him within 30 minutes or before he logs out with epi-pen?

I understand modding has it's limits and I have never modded ARMA so I don't know how much 'Medical/Health' aspects you can control.

Adrenaline shots, defibrillators not even 50 cans of beans will revive your friend who got shot in the face or devoured by zeds. Maybe if he was out of shape and had a heart attack! I stayed at a Holiday Inn so I'm qualified to speak on this matter.

Mod isn't being made for 'realism' remember?

It's easy enough to willingly suspend disbelief that any shot was perfectly 'lethal'.

Epi-Pens are solely used to avoid and treat anaphylactic shock after a acute allergic reaction. It's perfectly safe to use on anyone as it simply dose not have the levels of epinephrine to cause someone to wake up or restart a heart. A epi-pen only has 0.3ml and I do believe they use 3-5ml in cardiac cases.

Trainee Paramedic

Edited by Dellarius

As I understand it, it can restart someone's heart who is experiencing cardiac arrest. But I'm no doctor...

On a side note can we avoid "chance" based events altogether; I'd rather have to guess or know the correct dosage of Epinephrine to give.

Probability used in this way in games; is a bad idea, however things outside of the players control for the sake of in-continuity is useful.