Sign in to follow this  
Random_her0

Define a bandit

Bandits, they rob, raid, steal, and murder people above Stary Sobor where it is fair game.

People whom call themselfs bandits that camp major towns with either high end snipers and/or high end weaponry against usualy un-armed or lightly armed players (ie, electro and cherno) are pussies who call themselfs "bandits" but really give the whole bandit concept a bad name.

So bandits are not allowed to camp 2 biggest loot spawns on the whole map? It's the best loot spawn because you have all types of loot in one place except the rarest military ones.

As a sniper you have to set up your position where people are.

If you don't, you're not a sniper, then you're a fool in a bush.

As a sniper you have to set up your position where people are.

If you don't, you're not a sniper, then you're a fool in a bush.

You should have seen where this one sniper was camping at...

...he was camping at the front door of the school in Elektro.

Bandit: One who holds morals and does not kill another player unless the situation deems it to be an absolute necessity. One who robs another player for their goods, and only kills if the only player disobeys the bandit.

Bandits =/= murderers. People need to learn to differentiate.

You live in a land of fairies & unicorns..

When I used to play EVE Online we used to get the same sort of fairy tale theories about pirates as well from the carebears there. At least in EVE-O there was a reason not to kill because you could actually ransom them for their ship or in game currency and you could also hold them in place while you did it. (granted almost no one paid ransoms anyway so they would end up getting killed most of the time anyway)

With DayZ, it matters little if you kill someone while being a bandit and to be perfectly honest you are likely much better off to kill your target. There is no currency in DayZ so no way to ransom for cash and there is no way for me to check any of your gear outside what is in your back pack while you are still alive.

Simply put if a bandit is after gear, it's much smarter to just kill the target as that way there is zero chance he's hiding his NV goggles, Rangefinder or GPS from you. Much less a mountain dew. Not to mention there is nothing you can do in DayZ to detain someone with out risking the chance that they might try to make a run for it and actually get away.

A smart bandit practices KOS and doesn't listen to fairy tale stories from forum posters.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

Bandits kill people in real life quite often. Sometimes they don't (the Somali pirates have form letters and conduct themselves in a very professional manner, which would surprise some people), but often they do. The only thing a bandit needs to do is take your stuff using violence or the threat of violence.

If someone shoots you and steals your beans, he's still a bandit. He's just a murdering bandit. If he never wanted your NVGs in the first place, then he's just a murderer. But the two aren't exclusive.

That said...

@crockett

A thorough bandit might kill someone for their equipment. But a bandit who holds you at gunpoint and looks like a survivor/hero has a pretty significant advantage. But that requires being actually smart.

Bandits kill people in real life quite often. Sometimes they don't (the Somali pirates have form letters and conduct themselves in a very professional manner, which would surprise some people), but often they do. The only thing a bandit needs to do is take your stuff using violence or the threat of violence.

If someone shoots you and steals your beans, he's still a bandit. He's just a murdering bandit. If he never wanted your NVGs in the first place, then he's just a murderer. But the two aren't exclusive.

That said...

@crockett

A thorough bandit might kill someone for their equipment. But a bandit who holds you at gunpoint and looks like a survivor/hero has a pretty significant advantage. But that requires being actually smart.

Why is it people always try to claim playing as a carebear or playing as some romance novel bandit/pirate somehow makes them "smarter" or better, than a guy whom KOS? They always then try to claim you must be 12 years old or a COD player because you killed them. I hate to break it to you, but taking unnecessary risk does not make you smarter, it just makes you more caring..

After letting guys go whom come back to shoot me in the back.. I don't care so much if they live or die. In fact I prefer they die as it means they will be less likely to cause me problems once I find the next target. Besides that my main focus in this game is hunting other players and I'm sorry but I usually don't practice catch & release.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1