Sign in to follow this  
VA5

kevlar- bullet proof vest

I think something like a bullet proof vest or some sort of armor would be a great idea for the stand alone. Just something to help against the other players.

• Like 4

I'm sure vests would be easy to loot out of police buildings or a National Guard compound (in America at least). Not sure about a former Soviet satellite. But, I think it should be a rare spawn and at least help with Z scratching at you. Armor can be something as easy as a thick leather bombers jacket though. I like it.

You're already wearing a bullet proof vest.

EDIT: If you can run around with a 30 pound rifle without slowing down, you can run around with a 10 pound kevlar vest without slowing down. Although in the case that encumbrance is added, then just add the vest's weight to your encumbrance.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 1

I support the idea of Body Armor. It should have significant protection against weaker tier weapons.

You might be wearing a bulletproof vest already, but it has no effect, it's just there for the looks.What I'm saying is have it as rare item.

I thought the Hero Vest added protection against small arms? And I always figured the standard vests everyone starts in to be like the one I always wear around in real life: a fashion statement with lots of extra pockets, but made of cloth and ultimately unlikely to give you any real protection against bullets or the rending claws of the various zombies and door to door salesmen that roam the Earth.

Why not the dragon skin body armor as suit and a kevlar hemlet as well while we're at it? Like everyone would have access or would actually wear a body armor in this situation...and have military assault weapons as well.

You might be wearing a bulletproof vest already, but it has no effect, it's just there for the looks.What I'm saying is have it as rare item.

A .45 revolver round does less than 1400 damage. A 7.62mm round does 8000 damage.

You're wearing a bulletproof vest.

Edited by BazBake

I'd like to see a kevlar helmet available too (maybe making it harder to get unarmored headshots), and possibly a camo boonie hat to hide the giant glowing receeding hairlines on your charactor (which seems to be a feature of almost every face type available) when wearing camo clothing.

I don't know if we all have BP vests on now or not. It dose not seem like we do, but it would be nice if there was a vest we can fiend in the game.

Meh. If there isn't an actual body mapped damage system then armour would be unbalancing. (everything but headshots nerfed)

It's been in many other topics, and Rocket has already mentioned possibly making it a part of the clothing system he would like to implement.

Meh. If there isn't an actual body mapped damage system then armour would be unbalancing. (everything but headshots nerfed)

It's been in many other topics, and Rocket has already mentioned possibly making it a part of the clothing system he would like to implement.

He mentioned a lot of possibilities already...if he can find the people to do it for him.

Riot Armor from the Walking Dead prison story arc would be interesting. Have to be a super-rare spawn though, since that stuff was basically Walker-proof.