Sign in to follow this  
skilpad

How about fishing?

This is something I would kind of like to see in the game. Wandering around and you enter a shed no guns,cans,bandages whoa wait a fishing pole and spinners? Score!

• Like 6

This is something I would kind of like to see in the game. Wandering around and you enter a shed no guns,cans,bandages whoa wait a fishing pole and spinners? Score!

They could spawn in Boats or on Docks too. The trouble is making the minigame fun while still being difficult enough that people don't just sit in Solnichnyy between the pond and the ocean fishing and drinking pond scum.

Ok, you got my beans. That is an excellent idea! If the grocery store was empty I wouldn't go hungry, I would go fishing!!! Fantastic idea and practical as well.

Cool beans man and you can fish in the ocean and random dams placed on the map.

Yeah! Free food and water from a little pond. You can call it an end game if you want (jk). When you have everything you can just go fishing and try to get the biggest fish. I would just sit at a pond somewhere in the north all day long! No more worrying about bugs, noobs with Makarovs and Enfields, zombies and hackers :wub:

Edited by Labargoth

Yeah! Free food and water from a little pond. You can call it an end game if you want (jk). When you have everything you can just go fishing and try to get the biggest fish. I would just sit at a pond somewhere in the north all day long! No more worrying about bugs, noobs with Makarovs and Enfields, zombies and hackers :wub:

Plus you could swat people with the fishing pole!

• Like 1

Can't see that being safe, sat around the lakes and a fuckin zombie shark jumps up and bites your arse while your checking what snapped that twig behind you!

Stick with tins.

Can't see that being safe, sat around the lakes and a fuckin zombie shark jumps up and bites your arse while your checking what snapped that twig behind you!

Stick with tins.

It's Del Lago all over again.

Makes sense considering the amount of folks that hang around the coast as is. Also gives another option to lone wolves and survivalists, I'd say it'd need to stick to the ocean, require the use of a boat to get out far enough to get a decent chance. It'd also help to up the value of boats in game as well.

Course, I see something like this being more likely to get added for the stand alone.

Has been suggested many times before.

Just tie some string with a hook on the end to a stick and jam the stick into the ground next to a body of water. Come back a little while later to see if it caught anything. Maybe it didn't, or maybe it did and another player came by and took the fish before you did. It'd cut back on the boredom and monotony that is videogame fishing incarnate while adding an element of potential risk.

What if another player finds it and steals any fish I might have caught? What if another player finds it and is sitting nearby with a scoped rifle waiting for me to return for my fish?

check out the suggestion forum :) Has been mentioned since the beginning many times. Its one thing i would like to see implemented as well.

Nade fishing.

Fuuuuuuccckk. ...what a tool. I thought i was in general discussion..carry on :D

Indeed suggested.

But I would like to add scale and you could weight your fishy, lets do competition!

Sure it shouldnt be that everytime your hook touches water you get something...

Edited by Zeppa

Sorrry for mentioning it agian sheesh

so you should be

now go sit in the corner and think about what youv done!

'This has been suggested before.'

Big deal, it just means that this is a obvious feature that seems to be missing from the game.

Resurrecting age old threads is about as effective as just making a new thread, as long as good ideas get attention I'm fine.

Fishing would indeed be a nice activity as long as it was more than just 'press a button at a set time'.

Potentially give players some control with the mouse and when you see the line go down make people pull back the mouse in order to pull the line straight. Do something clever like fishing in The Legend of Zelda - Toilet Paper *err* Twilight Princess and we are set for a nice activity.