yoshez

What's wrong with "bandits" in this game?

I've played DayZ for only mere 2 weeks, but fairly enough to see how things are. What annoys me the most is people who snipe un-armed and otherwise harmless scavengers just for fun... Yes, it's internet bla bla bla, i know, but still, it's just ruining the experience for other people who would actually enjoy the mod, but instead they get shot by some random asshole who thinks the mod is all about shooting other players.. Why won't these people just go on and play regular ARMA II or some other shooter if they have such urge to shoot people? It's not what this mod is about as far as i'm concerned, it's a survival "zombies simulator", not a FPS where you shoot everyone you see.. Especially un-armed people. What's wrong with this community's "bandits"? Does none of them have balls to face a player in fair fight?

• Like 12

Those guys up in the hills? Those aren't bandits. Those are snipers- some are genuine psychopaths, but many are little kids trying to get their next orgasm from killing people who are defenseless.

Bandits are the guys who come to you and steal your shit, or shoot you in the back of the head at 5m without you noticing i'm there. A bandit will fuck up your day and jump rope with your intestines after they've stolen your priceless family heirlooms.

There are many more "classes" in this world than "survivor, bandit, and hero".

Those on the hills are not bandits.

Edited by Hydra
  • Like 9

This mod is about survival, not being all nice to people. Dayz would be nothing without bandits.

The fact is that those faggots aren't even bandits, none of them loot you or steal from you, they just shoot you for fun, which isn't being a bandit, it's basically sniping, killing/murdering other people for their own joy.
  • Like 2

The game is a zombie apocalypse like game period.

And in a zombie apocalypse it is almost certain, people will go out of there way to kill for a pure killing sensation or to survive.

Deal with it.

• Like 1

The fact is that those faggots aren't even bandits, none of them loot you or steal from you, they just shoot you for fun, which isn't being a bandit, it's basically sniping, killing/murdering other people for their own joy.

I have seen gay people on television and i find your post offensive to them.

• Like 6

now that's not so true i snipe from time to time and i never shoot new spawns or people that are running around with an enfield for the simple reason they have nothing i snipe for gear simple as i agree with you tho im sick of snipers that just kill for the shear hell of it and don't loot its anoying

If you don't loot them or see anything Good from killing someone then you aint no bandit , you are a psychopath , Like me , i have turned on allies and clans as it suited me best and there was something to gain , but if there was nothing i would just be a psychopath , if i killed unarmed people who weren't a danger , id be a psychopath , bandits are good people , as long as you don't have better gear...

Yes it a zoombie apocalypse. In real life when I put a bandit down. He doesn't respawn and start causing more problems for the civilized population. They better put a SP version of the game in stand-alone, or a lot of people will not buy it. Most people, or back in the day before MP was popular, we played to get away from the asshats in real life. If we are going to be forced to play with them, a lot will just bypass the game and look elsewhere.

But it is always nice experience to have a bandit tailing you from a distance. You discover him hunting you down when he makes a dumb mistake, and you cap him before he gets a chance..... That is always a very nice feeling, as you stand over his corpse wishing you could piss in his face.

• Like 1

Ehh the bandits who snipe just to kill are annoying yet fun at the same time. Kind of fun to be raiding Elektro and you start getting sniped at. Most snipers suck and can be killed easily. I've found some pretty good gear off dead snipers. Seems like the one time I came across a bandit he aborts and then re logs. I nailed him with my M9SD. That guy never stood a chance.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

What? You don't like killing people and not getting -humanity for it? Bandits are gawds gift to righteous of the wasteland. If it takes a few people getting butthurt so that i can one day chase down a freshly spawned bandit and hack him or her to pieces with the hatchet and not loose my blue shirt and silly hat, well... so be it!

Edited by Trizzo

If you have crappy equipment, why would I want to take any of it? Most of the time I have better weapons and gear than those who got killed.

Also true bandits hide their prey... :D

Those guys up in the hills? Those aren't bandits. Those are snipers- some are genuine psychopaths, but many are little kids trying to get their next orgasm from killing people who are defenseless.

Bandits are the guys who come to you and steal your shit, or shoot you in the back of the head at 5m without you noticing i'm there. A bandit will fuck up your day and jump rope with your intestines after they've stolen your priceless family heirlooms.

There are many more "classes" in this world than "survivor, bandit, and hero".

Those on the hills are not bandits.

Shivers just ran down my spine...

• Like 2

I'm only a bandit due to every person i come across takes a swing at me or shoots me the second I'm in view. While playing last night on a nice new server I managed to kill 7 players who all attempted to kill me. I love baiting players into a horrible death :D

• Like 1

99% of the bandits I've come across are 100% cowards. Either kids shooting fresh spawns or vets alt+f4 as soon as a shot rings out. Bandits my ass.

FYI: A real bandit will engage in combat without hesitation and fight to the death.

99% of the bandits I've come across are 100% cowards.

Sex Panther. 60% of the time it works every time.

The game is a zombie apocalypse like game period.

And in a zombie apocalypse it is almost certain, people will go out of there way to kill for a pure killing sensation or to survive.

Deal with it.

I dont think in real life any of us, bandits and kemping feggits alike, would kill just for the sensation, but i guarentee, that atleast half of us would kill to survive (Sure as hell i would)
  • Like 1

There's a difference between a bandit and a douchebag. A bandit will hunt for a worthy target, he'll search the cities, inlands, the hills and forests, looking for that good steal or kill for what he wants. When you and your buddies sneak up behind that crew of looters, and take everything from them, maybe even their lives, you're a bandit.

When you're camping a hill with duped or hacked gear, sniping unarmed fresh spawned players, or just mass killing folks for no other reason that just to by the cheapest means possible, you're a douchebag.

Now that we know the difference, lets go out and show folks how a real bandit works.

Oh, So you mean when you reply to a trade ad on the forums here and make the trade then kill the guy that's a "real bandit"? That's a douchebag. Just saying.

Well to be fair, our little trade deal just went south real quick. Reeked of an ambush, and we both intended to kill each other, least we had walked away respectful during it.

Besides, there is nothing respectable about spawning camping fresh lives or using unfair/cheating methods to score kills.

Snipers on hills "camping" spawns are different from the many bandits you find. Most bandits will shoot you from in order to steal your things. These bandits accelerate the speed in which they gain high tier items, by murdering those who have them often while those players are at a significant disadvantage. I.E. a player looting a building for food/car parts, shot in the back of the head. The insane people up on the hills who murder for beans'n'giggles, often times skipping the beans and going straight to the giggles, are just that, insane. They really don't deserve the title of bandit, they probably need something more along the lines of "sociopathic murderer", and those players deserve a bullet to the brain.

I personally am a "Hero" but I tend to use the term loosely (BOOOOOOO, a HERO at the BANDIT campfire, yeah, I get it). I consider myself more of a thief, and while you ask what the hell I'm talking about, and that I just said I was a hero, think of this: Why bother with the murdering? I tend to skip the step of murdering someone and skip ahead to the looting. Those snipers up on Electro's hills? I sneak up behind them, take everything in their packs, and place a bear trap behind them. Those bandits I just saw leaving their camp in an off-road pickup and an ATV? Take everything I can carry from their tents and run off with it, after having dumped all the items out of them, saving the tent, then razing it with a satchel charge. That or popping all of the wheels on the vehicles if they're not around, then taking all of their spare tires.

The "Heroism" (I really hate that word) of it comes from what I do with it afterward. A good portion of the items I take from you bandits gets given to the survivors on the shorelines.

EDIT: Back when I rolled with a bandit group, our most common strategy was to loot another group's camp, kill whoever was guarding it, and then lace the tent zone with all of the satchel charges their tents had. We'd wait in a nearby treeline until the remainder of the group came back now that their (dead) guard alerted them through Vent or Skype or something. We blew the satchel charges, killed the still living using the one member who had our group's L85, and loot the corpses.

Dealing with those snipers is simple, outsmart them. Get behind them, and one makarov round is sufficient to earn yourself a helluva alot of loot.

Edited by UnunseptiumAD

I've played DayZ for only mere 2 weeks, but fairly enough to see how things are. What annoys me the most is people who snipe un-armed and otherwise harmless scavengers just for fun... Yes, it's internet bla bla bla, i know, but still, it's just ruining the experience for other people who would actually enjoy the mod, but instead they get shot by some random asshole who thinks the mod is all about shooting other players.. Why won't these people just go on and play regular ARMA II or some other shooter if they have such urge to shoot people? It's not what this mod is about as far as i'm concerned, it's a survival "zombies simulator", not a FPS where you shoot everyone you see.. Especially un-armed people. What's wrong with this community's "bandits"? Does none of them have balls to face a player in fair fight?

Lol you stupid? Yes, yes you are.

you basically answered your own question here little one. "itsa sposed 2 b a zomie simul8ter!" Some guys just want to troll online (Like myself). Not a big deal.

If you want fair fights, go play what you insulted and scoffed at just a second ago, go play an fps where "everyone gets a turn and a participant medal!"

• Like 1

I have a right to play this mod any way I see fit. Quit telling me I'm playing the mod wrong. I have just as much right as you to play the way I want. If you cant deal with it then go play Mario Kart.

@Smalltown

1 plural also ban·dit·ti \ban-ˈdi-tē\ : an outlaw who lives by plunder; especially : a member of a band of marauders

Just because I want to spend a Saturday shooting idiots who think its safe to walk in Cherno during the day does not negate the fact I live off plunder.