Eldo (DayZ)

This game is PvP not PvE

Rocket is falsely advertising this game. I am going to kill all you PvE players and not loot your body because theres enough loot for all regardless.

Yeah because what I posted is advice. Don't be immature because you seem like your five.

The irony is you used the wrong your/you're again.

• Like 2

as long as you don't confuse bandits with people who camp cherno or other southern coastal areas killing unarmed players, they are the lowest denominator of pvp how ever killing people on par with you, now that's what makes the mod great.

• Like 1

The irony is you used the wrong your/you're again.

We do it to piss your lot off.Yep, thats intentional.

I get annoyed by bandits and such but thats part of the game. In a situation like this people would do things to survive.

Look at hurricane katrina. There were around 400 deaths from people killing each other while scavenging for food.

In a survival situation its you or someone else.

Ah the interweb, a place where someone can just throw out an absurd made up number and no fucks were given.

• Like 1

I agree that ammunition, food, drinks and medicine should be a lot more rare than they currently are

This is the biggest reason why Day Z has become boring for me these days. Literally the only thing that is a threat to survival is other players. And while that should definitely be one of the biggest threats no matter what, it's currently the ONLY threat, and it makes it boring. Especially with these new maps popping up (non-Chernarus) that are basically handing you weapons, vehicles, and supplies as soon as you enter the game. It makes it very boring. It's basically Day Z: Deathmatch. If I wanted that, I'd go play Arma 2 or some other shooter. I want Day Z to be brutal to survive in, no matter if it's from players, zombies, or the environment. But right now, especially with all the new maps, it's simply another shooter that's zombie themed. It's not that fun.

Edited by Apanthropy

We do it to piss your lot off.Yep, thats intentional.

No! Not my lot!

Ah the interweb, a place where someone can just throw out an absurd made up number and no fucks were given.

I also would love to see documentation on that.

We do it to piss your lot off.Yep, thats intentional. Agreed, I have bad grammar but I don't like to face the fact. So I make up silly excuses.

If the game increased the zombie durability or dmg, OR removed military weapons and have the czsk as the only sniper rifle, and the m14 the only assault rifle, remove machine guns. then it might be scaled better. but as it is military weapons are really really easy to find, as are most other conventional weapons.

I don't take advice from people who can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're".

Or Idol and Idle but none of that is actually important.

Yes, the mod is pretty much pvp at this time. If anyone was able to start this game on day one and never have an issue with zombies then they must have been some ninja master that deserves a golden cookie. Yup, PVE is weak in this game at the moment as we've pretty much conquered the zombies in their current form. They can still be a headache at times if you're unlucky but otherwise they're just a massive tail that alerts players to your presence.

But there's a difference between pvp and endless deathmatches. People wanted to play the deathmatch game Elektro and Cherno because they knew most of their opponents wouldn't be nearly as geared as they were. That imbalance made their jimmies hard. Duping, endless ammo refills, and the ability to kill themselves over and over until they got the spawn they wanted fed this endless meat grinder.

When the ability to respawn at will was removed, the deathmatchers cried.

When the ability to refill ammo by logging out and logging back in was removed, the deathmatchers cried.

When the basic forms of duping are removed, the deathmatchers will cry.

When the endless single meat of life dupe is removed, the deathmatchers will cry.

edit: When you can no longer lose zombies by running in and out of a building or into a tree, the deathmatchers will cry.

I once heard a deathmatcher say "Rocket is catering to the wrong group! He's going to ruin this game!" He said this shortly after the respawn and endless ammo was changed. Maybe deathmatchers are the wrong crowd to be catering to in a game that tries to focus on survival on a massive map? If the game was meant to be a deathmatch we wouldn't need Chernarus at all.

Anyway, this is the mod. Zombies are not going to change and neither will the rest of the game. The standalone is around the corner and I'm almost certain when it does release, the deathmatchers will cry. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be playing pvp on the rest of the map, not just in Cherno.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 2

I liked it when people would meet up and trade gear, not just shoot on sight and then take all their stuff. :/

I'm dumbfounded that some poor saps on here think that this is still a zombie survival game. I've read the posts, I've seen the comments, I've heard you, and your simply wrong. This isn't even opinion at this point, it's simply factual. In most zombie survival games the zombies are supposed to be the main problem, not in this one, if zombies were to be the real problem they ought to a hundred times harder so that attracting even one lonely zombie could easily be the end of your life.

I'd like to get back to my original point, that this game is PvP and it's foolish to label it PvE. Bandits are not the problem, if bandits were not in this so-called "game" then we would all have quiet a boring time, although no one seems to realize that, so I'd like to go ahead and say it. Bandits make this game. Without them none of us would even be playing this game. Zombies are an idol threat that pose no real purpose besides being used to commit suicide to get a better spawn. They are simply a hindrance when you are looting, nothing more. When they're following you it's not a life and death situation, it's a simple jog until you lose whats a sorry excuse for AI.

Now what about the survival aspect rather than the zombie killing one; it's just as much as a joke as "zombies". Water? Food? Medicine? It's pouring out of grocery stores, hotels, bars, hospitals and medical tents. It's so easy to obtain things that would quickly elude survivors in this situation. I don't understand why the grocery store in the main town still possesses several cans of food and a handful of sodas. Those rations would be gone within only days of a situation like this.

Those are my points, I feel as if I've made a compelling argument, but give me all you got. I'd love to hear why you, the reader, believe for some odd reason that this game is about zombie killing.

Don't tell me how to play DayZ - I'll play it how I want to. Sometimes I play on PvE servers and have a blast trading, building a base, collecting loot, massacring zombies, etc. Sometimes I jump to HIVE or PvP servers because the fact that arrogant, FPS console asshats like you exist and I want to shoot them in the face. ;)

My point is the game is what you want it to be, and I hope juiced up "bandit" types like you don't bully rocket and BI into making this game a cheap counter strike copy like you lot so desperately want it to be.

[good stuff]

The fact is, this is a systems test, you can fill a map with zombies and call it a survival game, call it an experiment in emergent gameplay, but at a certain point you're covering for the fact that there's almost nothing to do. The zombies aren't dangerous enough to make things interesting, even players are at best a casual annoyance if you play smart (though in the end they're far more dangerous than zombies). The metagame is interesting, survival in an environment that's hostile filled with typically hostile other players, but without actual goals the whole thing gets stale.

The fact is, this is a systems test, you can fill a map with zombies and call it a survival game, call it an experiment in emergent gameplay, but at a certain point you're covering for the fact that there's almost nothing to do. The zombies aren't dangerous enough to make things interesting, even players are at best a casual annoyance if you play smart (though in the end they're far more dangerous than zombies). The metagame is interesting, survival in an environment that's hostile filled with typically hostile other players, but without actual goals the whole thing gets stale.

The game is absolutely a survival game, especially when you're new, but it's still true at the core of the game for the experienced players. It's just that we've all logged quite a few hours in the game and know how to deal with each situation. We are the veterans (i feel sorry for noobs in the standalone) and we're looking for more. That's a good thing if you ask me. Players are the only real unpredictable opponent for now. I expect this to change. The zombies are very likely being rewritten, I just assumed everyone knew that. The loot system is changing. The weapons are changing. The map is changing.

All of this will be obvious once we start migrating away from the alpha of the mod and to the alpha of the standalone. I honestly don't expect too much of the mod to remain untouched, other than the soul of the game.

Honestly, I'd like them to cut the mods loot in half or to a quarter. That'll shake things up while we wait for the standalone. People will complain, but what's new?

The zombies seem more aggressive in Takistan, either by shitty port or design I dunno, but that combined with the decreased loot and unforgiving terrain make things interesting, at least to me. Being able to sit on a chinook gatling gun and lock down an airfield is an amusing diversion too.

You mean Tranquilizer rounds.

I know right they slow down the response to alt f4 to a sudden stop !

;)

As stated previously about a billion* times all over this forum, people are entitled to play it as they see fit. What I don't understand is why people choose to play this as DM when there are so many other games out there that do it better. What's the appeal exactly? There's zombies? You already don't care about those - If it's killing, looting, in and around Elektro and Cherno that gives you satisfaction why aren't you simply playing ARMA DM?

As previously hinted at in this thread, I think the issue is because there is no 'real' reward for either being a bandit or banding together, helping each other out etc The humanity is a start but lacks the depth for it to be an enticing, dynamic element of the mod. I'm sure with things like degrading gear and weapons etc in the standalone will force a different or a more generalised play style out of most people. We will just have to sit tight and make the best of what we've got.

*This number is backed up by no evidence.

OP is half right, it is of course both PvP and PvE, its also just a dry run so don't expect an actual 'purpose' until the standalone. As stated it can be played however you want (todays Jamz achievement - kill a chicken with a Huey crash. Then eat chicken. Now get out there!).

Aye. I agree with the OP as well. The problem is I don't see the game as PvP. Just the players turned it into PvP game. There has been countless threads over this, that is the main issue. The game was intended to have -pvp- as an element of coarse the idea of a bandit is very exciting and I love hidding and ducking from them. The problem is there is too much of it.

Even on private servers with side chat, its so damn hard to find someone to run around with to attempt the PvE portion of the game.

Once you get the gun you are happy with, a small stock of food, its just easier (coupled with the fact there is just nothing else to do) to go DM people for their food and such.

You can't find a co-op play due to KoS, and exploiters. So yes I agree that its PVP game, I refuse to accept the fact that is what it was designed for. +2 cents.

That's it, don't post on my thread unless you have something useful to say.

I think you're safe, he posted that 9 months ago :/

Anyway, I think the main reason for people resorting to PVP is pure and simple: BOREDOM. People play this game for hundreds of hours and if you break it down the content is very limited. Once you've mastered surviving and collected what you want/need there really isn't much left for you to do, especially for those lacking imagination.

Edited by Fraggle

On Standalone one way to make people more willing to survive is to actually get some reward from it. possibly you could use better equipment, be a bit harder to be spotted by the zombies as you have learned how to sneak better, can withstand thrist and hunger better, some of these little things and maybe withstand lower blood levels better so you wont pass out so easily as your body has already kinda got use to the low amount of blood.

Maybe you would not get exhausted so easily when you sprint or run long distances and witch results into bit more steadier aim. These are things that would maybe add peoples willingness to survive Days maybe weeks of ingame time but these wont give a Too Overpower advantages. witch could lead that alot more people would be more willing to cooperate as they both benefit from it. And the game is both PVP-PVE, how awesome would it be a massive clash of servers bandits vs Survivors and Heroes.

Edited by Aporis