chernojourno

DayZ Random Acts Of Kindness

So many of my interviews have been about the negative side of Dayz specifically murder and betrayal. But there are positives too - the random acts of kindness where a stranger will help you out without any malice or intent. The time someone runs from halfway across teh map to give you morphine and you don't shoot him in teh back. The picking up of new survivors from the coast which doesn't end in a gladiator death match with hatchets.

These are the times you've teamed up with a random survivor and had a great experience with them - the true survival stories. These are also great stories and ones that should be recorded.

So I ask you fellow Survivors share with me your stories of kindness and teamwork in the other brutal world of Chernarus

• Like 4

Just the other day I was in Solnichy after a fresh spawn and got myself in a pickle. I aggroed way too many zeds with the Enfield (schoolboy error ) and then got randomly punched to the floor by a Tyson zed. Just as I was about to give myself to them I heard sniper fire. "Oh well" I thought. "At least it'll be quicker...". But lo and behold! The sniper was up on the cliff taking out the zeds! I braced myself for the final shot, surely there was a bullet with my name on it. It never came and my journey continued without further event.

Thanks Guardian Sniper. I owe you some beans.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 6

I saved a new spawn in elektro from a Sniper on the "Hill" countered his position and took him out, kept an eye on the survivor who looted his body for all the nice things... Thought he would walk off up north appreciative of what i had done.

Nope the beggar tried hitting me... well looks like a lovely DMR to go with my MK48, thank you!

• Like 4

When i am done with a vehicle or get bored with a weapon i head along the coast until i see a newbie and just give it to them.

Have done this a few times now and the players are always incredulous, especially if you hand over keys to a car.

All i really need is my axe - the rest is easy come, easy go.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

I do this

When i am done with a vehicle or get bored with a weapon i head along the coast until i see a newbie and just give it to them.

Have done this a few times now and the players are always incredulous, especially if you hand over keys to a car.

All i really need is my axe - the rest is easy come, easy go.

I do this with every vehicle I find on a map except a bicycle - I like to keep the bicycle to get around the map for interviews.

Do you find that people don't trust you - So many people think you have a satchel charge planted in it. The best spot to drop these off is in Kamenka which helps with the lighthouse suicide rate.

Trust is a big issue, which is why i only approach new spawns with no weapons. Itchy trigger fingers are problems i'd rather not deal with. I just exit the car, tell them it's theirs and back off into the woods.

I did have a funny moment a few nights ago when i picked up a noob running along the Cherno-Elektro road being chased by a dozen zombies. He jumped in the car and screamed into my headset - he'd never seen a Ghillie suit before and didnt know what the fuck i was!

He enjoyed the ride and loved it when i gave him the car after we were safely away.

Ahhh, warms my heart!

Lol I can imagine how wondering what this seaweed monster was doing driving a car

Giving someone a Ghillie suit or Camo is probably the best way to build trust and loyalty with a random survivor, at least in my experience. Possibly it's because it's high-tier loot but they can't kill you with it. I never use that shit unless I'm up North so if I find it I give it away. So far it seems to be a great pacifier.

I'll also point people towards tents/campsites that are close by, offer to heal/bloodbag people (I have hero status) and help them to loot places until they're geared. In this game friendlies are just happy to not be shot in the face when they come face-to-face with someone outfitted with high-grade equipment.

• Like 1

That is one thing i do want to start, giving blood transfusions. Being stuck on 2500 humanity is a bit shitty.

My fate is sealed, -86k Humanity, im am beyond helping.

You bastard! And an ex soldier as well. Shame! :D

• Like 1

Random acts of kindess?

I suppose I once offered a survivor blood transfusion...

...but he then shot me.

This is why I potentially go behind the player before asking if hes friendly.

You bastard! And an ex soldier as well. Shame! :D

I suppose, but i will say most were in self defense but some is just a risk factor i wasn't taking. I protect my Clan and the Badge of the EFS (i do need to make one) by any means!

I didn't dump a 1866 slug into the back of his head. I saw him from across pavlovo and outskirted him til I sneaked my way behind him. I was literally standing over him watching him crawl on the ground!

Same day..

On the Electro short hill overlooking the NE firehouse/grocery store I spotted a guy run from the school to the front of the grocery store, I ran down through some trees/foliage in a path right behind him. I followed him through to the back of the store, seeing as how hopelessly oblivious he was, standing at a pile of whatever on the floor.. Standing mere feet behind him I pulled out my makarov and reloaded it right behind his head. lol, then I ran through the open door and closed it behind me. He never came out of the building lol

for some reason ive only been helped by hackers. literally every time i run into someone and they help me in any way at all, its a hacker thats trying to hand me the shit hes carrying. why they do this im not sure. i never had a mic until recently so most of the times they did it i couldnt even tell them anything.

I like to help end the lives of those being swarmed by zombies if that counts, i mean why waste 30 or so rounds when i can just be economical and just use 1...

ive been tempted to shoot a zombie or 2 first, so they think they are gonna get saved, and THEN shoot them. what do you think? this way you can get their hopes up a little first.

ive been tempted to shoot a zombie or 2 first, so they think they are gonna get saved, and THEN shoot them. what do you think? this way you can get their hopes up a little first.

I like it, very sinister, but i will admit i top it by shouting "Don't worry buddy i got this" across direct just before i shoot them, that little glimmer destroyed half a second later with the "You are Dead" screen, beautiful.

I have yet to have a RAOC happen to me but...

I recently started playing DayZ again and it was my first time playing in about 3-5 weeks. I spawned at that gas station between Cherno and balorta(or w/e its called). So, I decided to hit up Balorta airfield. I sneaked my way into the control tower and all I had was a hatchet and I confronted some player and he said friendly and I said it back. There was an AK74 on the ground and he said I could have since he had an 1866. He left the tower and I heard gunfire, Upon looknig out the tiwer windows I see him being like, eaten alive by zombies. So I open fire with my newly acquired AK74 and mow down easily 5-20 zombies. He was bleeding like hell and came to the top of the tower and he was out of bandages. I gave him my only bandage and painkillers then told him to leave and I'd hold of the zombies. He got away and sadly, I ran out of ammo and was eaten alive by zombies.

Worth it.

I managed to find a scripted in police car East of Novy Sobor by a heli crash, made my way down to Kamenka where I found a new player with an Enfield having a little trouble containing some zombies with his noise maker. I pop out of the police car and blast the zombies with him using the good ol L85, of course everytime he fires he attracts more and more, we soon just say to hell with it and move on to Kamerovo where we find a destroyed bus and dead player who has a M4A3, a GPS, and NVG, I direct the player to the corpse but buddy just runs by it like its not even there lol, I toss the GPS and NVG in my BP and we move on to Balota where buddy finally trades his Enfield for a Ak in the hangers, move to the tents and after looking through the der stands(well not really) we get back in the car when I notice another fresh spawn with no weapons, I drive up to him and he jumps in. We continue on our way to Cherno where the newest member of the crew decides to hop out and be on his way. The first guy and I continue cruising the coast until we hit Berezhino, I decide to call it quits here and tell buddy on the mic I'm going to give him some basic stuff, I drop my hatchet, knife, matches, map, GPS, and NVG for him to use and give a brief explanation about them to which he responds by moving left and right for "no" and up and down for "yes". He had some experience driving the car in Kamerovo when he got into the driver seat instead of me but decided to call it quits after smacking into a wrecked humvee and switched to another seat, I tell him he can have the car and that there's a jerry can in it, and I log off after telling him good luck.

Edited by Mr Faust