Sign in to follow this  
oliverdesousa@hotmail.com

Scavenge car parts off other vehicles

This has came across me alot recently whille playing the DayZ map Fallujah, I've been running around looking for vehicle parts ( Mostly car wheels ) and I kept thinking "Why can't we find other vehicles that could be fixed up a bit and take the parts of it such as the car wheels or windscreen glass" ( I'm not sure about Engine Parts, Fuel tank parts or Fuel ) Maybe this could also be another use for the tool box? I don't know, what do you guys and girls think about this idea?

• Like 12

SOOOOOO many times when you stumble across 2 Quadbikes both are missing one wheel! This would be a logical addition too. Like finding boxes of ammo instead of magazines, it just makes sense.

Yes I wholeheartedly agree, this has been discussed in TS with quite a few players and all agree that wheels, etc should be parts you can salvage from vehicles.

Great idea in principle but being able to remove parts from vehicles will just be another thing for griefers to exploit. Imagine some hacker TPing all over the map removing parts from everyones' vehicles but on the other hand, if it were a case of having to salvage parts for your vehicle from the wrecked vehicles that spawn as obstacles in the road, it could be a case of having to salvage the right parts from the proper vehicles. So you could only get wheels/engine for a Ural from a wrecked Ural, so on and so forth or just keep the simple one size fits all system that we have now. You could even tie that to the difficulty level, one size fits all for recruit, class appropriate for regular(sedan/off road/truck) and keep the unique parts for veteran level.

I've wanted to post this idea for awhile, actually, so thank you for beating me to the punch. ;)

I think that nearly all vehicle parts should be salvagd off of other vehicles, rather than running into somewhere and finding random tires, fuel tank parts and jerry cans sitting on the floor. It would also help de-incentivize server hopping at the highest spawning industrial areas to find the parts. We should have to scavenge out in the dangerous open roads from wrecked cars, vulnerable to players and zombies, rather than hopping from server to server inside of a factory. This would also increase the general number of spawn locations as well.

In terms of implementation, wrecked vehicles could be coded like regular vehicles, where you go up to them, check them out, see if there's any hope to fix them up and check the inventory of the vehicle to see if there's anything you can use (or anything anyone has put there for 'safe' keeping).

It would add another strategic dimension if you could get in some of the semi-wrecked vehicles and hide from zombies that way.

• Like 1

Exactly! It would make this game much better being able to do it, because you don't find alot of fixed cars around anyway, so getting the parts as well will also be annoying and what's the probability that every vehicle you come across is completely destroyed in a real zombie apocalypse?

I love this idea. I've also mentioned before but I want to be able to take parts out of my cars before I log off so that other players can't just INSTANTLY drive off with them the second the find them - they'll have to go find some parts themself first.

yeah but if you've logged out and I've found your car, you bet I'll go find the parts! (either that or I'll take some more parts off it just for the craic)

Moo hoo hoo hoo ha haaaaaa :lol: