wutno

Admin abuse on Dallas 1

test2.png

Good evening.

I'm [AG] Gaius, the Game Manager of the Adrenaline Gaming DayZ server. I'd like to make a follow-up statement that will clear things up for good.

First, after consultation with the Head Admins, and with their support and advice I am releasing the entire log folder from Dallas 1. This means Battleye logs, chat, markers and finally approximately 300mb of script detections. As a matter of fact, several of the individuals who have made accusations against us in the past are noted here for being hackers, and attempt to deflect the real reason for their bans. (Deph, for example.)

http://www.adrenaline-gaming.net/arma2/logs/

The above is open and available for all to view. If anything is found - be it admin abuse or player cheating - then please bring it to our attention and we will promptly deal with the situation.

I would also like to make clear what [AG] is, and what our policies are.

Adrenaline Gaming is not a clan. We are a community built up of groups, clans and in-house squads with a variety of play styles. AG does not host any sort of “official” camps. However, some of our members, who operate as an in-house squad, do. Several of them are Dayz administrators (Game Officials)

This is a portion of our Administration Code of Conduct:

1. Preferential treatment is not tolerated and punishment should be uniform. If you aren’t sure what policy is, use your best judgement or check for precedents.

2. All server punishment must be reported on the website.

We have three types of administrators for the DayZ server:

- The Game Manager(GM) is the ultimate authority when dealing with matters that pertain to their game and they appoint other administrators.

- The Game Officials (GO) have access to in-game administration commands, and can restart the server once certain explicit conditions are met. Furthermore, the GO is the primary point of contact when dealing with players on the server.

- The Technical Officers (TO) are responsible for maintaining the health of the server and keeping it up to date.

All administrators are required to log punishment actions on the forums, and we have stored these posts.

Ultimately we want to provide a solid play experience free of the childish disruption that we have all experienced on other games and even on some other DayZ servers.

I recently “banned” an entire gaming group from our server in order to remove the clear and present danger of impending damage to the gameplay of our server. I didn’t take that action lightly, however I am resolved in my focus to provide an unmatched level of play and comfort on Dallas 1 for all who visit us in their constant quest for more beans.

With the release of the above information we remove the veil of secrecy and allow all of you our fellow DayZ players a chance to see what we already feel confident of: our integrity.

If anyone who reads this has further issues, a question or simply wishes to play on a kickass DayZ server. Please come to our community site, hop on, and post a message.

Just leave your pack in the corner.

With the pile of empty cans.

Gaius214.

I will ask the moderator(S) here to leave the thread open so that lucid, meaningful discussion may continue. However, the above represents the official position and statement of AG.

Thank you Gaius, but as Rawr stated before this is a conflict of interest, some of those logs (mainly retaining to the incident) as we know it may be fabricated to withhold the truth. I believe that a DayZ Staff member should investigate this situation.

I don't mean to offend you in any way but your community is small and that leaves a lot of room for internal niches to be formed within the playerbase and administrative structure, this obviously invokes bias.

On semi-related note:

Can you inform me on how administrator's are selected at your community?

well fancy finding this here eh chaps...

I am sick as a dog (IRL) at the moment so really CBA posting but these guys deserve it.

http://www.adrenaline-gaming.net/threads/kicked-from-server.377/#post-1223

read that. thats my first posrt of call after finding myself banned.

please bear in mind reading the linked page the first response I received was from RoundRouge and has subsequently been deleted.

I know nothing of the other events posted by others in this thread other than the issues with people from SP clan who used to be regulars.

AG told me via there teamspeak they were banned because of a dispute between members taking from each others tents (handbags at dawn)

they also accused them of hacking etc but anyone outsmarting AG have to be using hacks ... right :)

My dispute was again regarding getting banned after AG members realised I had compromised their camp.

I found myself banned for long enough for them to relocate without me making it hard work for them.

coincidence? possibly but due to timing and seeing others have issues and there daily running of the server I very much doubt it.

They tell me My ban was an accidental misclick by one of there admin. they then tell me in game the next time I log in I was banned randomly by some software which was spazzing out on that day (whut). I was since told in game by the lovely people at AG that I was a cheater and that I used scripts. odd because 12 hours earlier when I compromised your camp you were practically begging me to join your clan. sorry guys but I would rather chew my own arms off.

there just childish hosts tbh and no matter how good the sandbox, if the people with the admin tools wish to they can exploit at everyone elses expense to gain an advantage.

were in Alpha and shit happens.

I had no intention of posting about this I was happy to simply make busting there camps my end game goal and set up shop on a different server. but seeing as others have raised the issue and I know first hand these AG guys are slippery at best I thought I would add some extra love.

quick edit: some snippets I took from the chat logs posted above.

06:00:56 : (Side) [AG-1] BrandonL: Battle-eye banned you for a random script

06 : (Side) mofokk: orly brandon

06:01:14 : (Side) [AG-1] BrandonL: It wasnt my hand that banned you

06:01:38 : (Side) mofokk: your forum admin appears to think there was no reason provided for the ban.

06:01:48 : (Side) [AG-1] Hunter: Tech admin*

06:01:52 : (Side) [AG] Darwin: ur faqing retarded mofokk

06:01:59 : (Side) [AG-1] BrandonL: Stop with the insults.

06:02:06 : (Side) [AG] Darwin: cant even read proper

06:02:07 : (Side) [AG-1] Hunter: And their was no reason provided

06:02:09 : (Side) [AG-1] Hunter: It was blank

06:02:21 : (Side) [AG-1] BrandonL: Battle-eye on this server was banning people for the past two weeks for no reason. It wasnt us, was the servers acting up.

06:02:23 : (Side) [AG-1] Luigi: i think i remember seeing it it said restricted script 34 if i remember

06:02:26 : (Side) Spectre: Mofok

06:02:32 : (Side) Spectre: Fighting with an admin is like fighting with a christian :C

06:02:37 : (Side) Spectre: You are never right

06:02:37 : (Side) mofokk: i would say you banned me for just long enough to relocate your tents without the hassle of me wiping the floor with you.

06:02:41 : (Side) mofokk: lol spectre

06:02:59 : (Side) [AG-1] BrandonL: That wasnt the case

06:43:25 : (Lobby) Aries: anyone know why the server keeps droppong

06:44:17 : (Lobby) [AG-1] BrandonL: Currently under server maintanence

Tbh I don't care much what happens with this. Shit hosts are shit hosts, we are blessed with many more servers to play on.

CortezV,

I will not comment on most of your post except to say again, that the 2 posting by me represent the sum total of AG's public comment here.

As to your question at the end, I won't go into exactly how I come to decisions as that would take a lifetime, however I will add I am both retired and fairly even-tempered (although my daughter grey's my hair a bit more everyday).

I will sum up the process: If applications are being accepted, I and the rest of the AG management team view the application. There is a comment period, then the GM (myself at the moment) makes the decision to admit alone. There is a probationary period and finally if they get 100% support their position is made permanent(a single admin objection is enough to lengthen the training period).

There is no community vote to accept someone as a trainee, it's the GM that decides. However, they listen to what those that are already involved in administration of the community in some fashion and what they have to say about the applicant.

The system we have set up with each game it comes down to one person the GM. They are then held accountable by the head administration team that oversees the community.

Thanks for the question and I hope it answers it.

Additional note on the "SP" situation.

Mofokk is simply spewing rumor, 2nd and 3rd hand information. I was the one who dealt with the AG guys on the Sat when I issued the ban (on a personal note I enjoyed playing with more that one of them).

It had nothing to do with the petty in-game aspects of gear, player deaths or camps ( My view is large camps are bad idea).

Were Rocket himself to get involved, I would not rescind the ban. I believe I am doing what is best for the players of Dallas 1.

Note, while the ban is a group ban, we have had at least one of the "SP players" involved appeal their ban on an individual basis and in point of fact I rescinded at least 1 ban.

We have an appeal process and it works.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

Seems like a situation similar to those with bad kids and parents who just try covering for them every time they do bad stuff...

Wouldn't be surprised if there are a few abusive admins and what happens when they have a "fit" is that they ban whoever angers them or "ruins the fun" then mommy or daddy replies to the person who was banned by saying

Oh were sorry it was a "mistake" but don't worry just submit an appeal and we'll fix it...wonder how many ban appeals there are and if people have done them multiple times if so i stick to my theory if not...well maybe it is just all very coincidental (way too many IMO) "misclick" here "timed reboot" there clan members and server controllers running to defend in numbers.... convenience is a crock IMO. Not a lot of evidence to defend with aside from happenstance. I knew a server admin and it was one of those servers that had clan members like this one that play on it as their home server....and ya they abused RARELY but it still happen.

P.S i read all 3 pages cause it was a good read. Just writing as an outside spectator, i have to slightly lean towards the accuser cause i know how people are and plus there are multiple people that came forward with similar issues and the defense is pretty much like oh it didn't happen....oh it might of happen...ok it happen but it can be fixed....sooo ya.

Just sayin

This is what happens when you question the running of DALLAS 1.

This was a direct response from Gaius via a pm on their forums.

Just remember regardless of what they say I had no issues on there server at all UNTIL I located there camp.

It's a matter of principal now. I have items located on that server I was in the middle of recovering and they know this. surely they are clearly breaking the rules set by Rocket for ALL dayz servers ?

I honestly didn't care about what had happend, it's alpha, I play for fun,Hell I even understood their frustrations but they are clearly not the type of host I and many others would choose to play with if given the information I now know.

Good luck with your server lads. I am sure Adrenaline-gaming will be around for many years to come :heart:

Mofokk,

The first line is a direct quote from you from a post on these forums.

I offered to make myself available in TS and via chat while you were logged into our forums after you saw that message, you declined multiple opportunities.

Instead, you chose to come here and share only part of the situation, the part that supports your position.

Clearly if you feel we are shit, then we can't and don't meet your expectations.

To simply stop this cycle we are on (where you are repeatedly not satisfied) and are unwilling to communicate in a lucid and mature fashion.

I am removing you from the situation.

I have no issues with you in game.

I just know that sometimes people just aren't going to be happy and after numerous attempts its best to simply cut the "cord" and allow people to move forward independently.

This has nothing to do with in game conduct, as I am basing this ONLY on your exact words.

Banning a player who WANTS to play on our server (as the logs show you on for awhile) is in part counter-productive and it pains me to do it.

However, I must always put the play/peace of the whole community before individuals.

I hope you find a better home, that both suits you and your play style. I am sorry it couldn't be ours.

Mofokk' date='

The first line is a direct quote from you from a post on these forums.

Clearly if you feel we are shit, then we don't meet your expectations.

To simply stop this cycle we are on (where you are repeatedly not satisfied) I am removing you from the situation.

I have no issues with you in game.

I just know that sometimes people just aren't going to be happy and after numerous attempts its best to simply cut the "cord" and allow people to move forward independently.

This has nothing to do with in game conduct, as I am basing this ONLY on your exact words.

[/quote']

I have been perfectly happy with your server for the 3-4 weeks I have frequented it. Which is a lot of hours btw.

There were no issues in fact at all to my knowledge until I located your camp, got grief, and found myself banned the next day. since then this has gone south fast.and I am now banned for the second time. Your clan handled the situation very poorly and this is the end result Gaius.

Perhaps you should take another look over the server rules you agreed to when you applied to be a server host:

Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

I have broken none of those rules, Nor were any of those rules quotes as reasons for my bans.

I would suggest you remove my ban from your server, allow me to attempt to remove my things and then pretty much DIAF (ingame)

old boy.

quick edit : my play style you mention is simply that of a lone wolf bandit. I do not understand how you can have a problem with that.

Simply see this link

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/malicious?s=t

Your comments and conduct in and around both forums qualify.

I have set your ban at 14 days. You may return then.

Please in the future refrain from such talk.

Honest, lucid, intelligent discourse is encouraged and opposing opinions are not only encouraged but necessary.

Simply see this link

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/malicious?s=t

Your comments and conduct in and around both forums qualify.

I have set your ban at 14 days. You may return then.

Please in the future refrain from such talk.

Honest' date=' lucid, intelligent discourse is encouraged and opposing opinions are not only encouraged but necessary.

[/quote']

You know what Gaius. I have better things to do. I really hope some DAYZ admin stumble upon this and act on your behaviour.

Dayz server rules are quite clearly " SERVER RULES"

my words on these forums are covered by a different rule set.

not to mention I had perfectly good cause for my words.

is one to assume that others in this now 4 page long topic about the poor running of your server have also found themselves with a 14 day ban.

doubtfull but even more detrimental to you if they are me thinks old boy.

someone help me out here please because this is tiresome. I just want to see this resolved and these idiots put in their place.

dallas 1 is filled with bad admins and useless players I have seen admin abuse aswell i shot and killed an admin then the server whent down instantly. Now that steam wotn let you run the game there is no way to take screen shots ingame so was unable to show what kind of low life kids play on dallas 1.

The only 2 servers i stay away from are dallas 1 and dallas 4 both have ban admins that get away with anything. even hording items for dev friends to use. so its unlikly that anything will be done as the dev team spends more time on fourms then they do in game.

just because the server crashes' date=' you assume its admin abuse because you lost your little boat?

[/quote']

Man did you ride the short bus?

Server crashes are being done on purpose

Of course every time the server crashes its an admin messing with you! Or it could be that problem rocket posted about vehicle damage causing lag and the server crashes

Sorry it took so long to post, but here is their camp after the "reboot". You can see in the top left hand corner a dead body (BrandonL).

75452F4765C253A0AB90B59553B5D042972B5D14

Sorry it took so long to post' date=' but here is their camp after the "reboot". You can see in the top left hand corner a dead body (BrandonL).

[img']http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578958940154140991/75452F4765C253A0AB90B59553B5D042972B5D14/

Whoa? Coyote Backpack... M4? Or DMR? With only 1 kill. Hmmm... HACKER! IGNORE THAT ONE KILL!

I saw this guy spawning ammo crates all over the coast line! Then he spawned a UH-60 and flew off in it. I also saw him on 50 other servers hacking.

See, I can start rumors to!!!!

Gentlemen.

Keep it civil, and keep it clean. We're here to discuss the situation (That seems to of been already resolved from the looks of it.) of the 'report' on Dallas 1. Keep the trolling and flaming to a minimum.

Developer's have other things to do then to look at an Admin abuse report sometimes, or they have already looked at it and may of just considered it in Dallas 1 favor? Who knows. (Which by the way is not a cheat, there is no cheating going on here. Thread going to be moved.)

Gentlemen.

Keep it civil' date=' and keep it clean. We're here to discuss the situation (That seems to of been already resolved from the looks of it.) of the 'report' on Dallas 1. Keep the trolling and flaming to a minimum.

[/quote']

in what way has the situation been resolved please Legacy ?

Sorry it took so long to post' date=' but here is their camp after the "reboot". You can see in the top left hand corner a dead body (BrandonL).

[img']http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578958940154140991/75452F4765C253A0AB90B59553B5D042972B5D14/

I don't see a body myself but meh honestly this whole thread seems like a bigfoot hunt lol looking for something that doesn't exist. To sum this thread up all i have to say is this.

trolls.jpg

Me and my friend joined the server today and this is the message I got. We aren't trying to impersonate their clan. This is again clean Admin abuse.

4B659421B75361FF437896FF938BF3D8F95B26C1

9C2E918A78FE56DF30D8A00E258637BD34D11C96

7710DF6B3F5DA0E441972F3614CBA85D636D860C

I was the friend that was banned. I didn't get a warning and didn't know why I got banned until after my friend told me.

I've read through the server rules and as far as I can see this is abuse.

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

Read Here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1429

I have not ever been disruptive and have not even said anything in chat since I've played on this server. As far as I've seen the admins abuse their powers because they like acting immature.

As far as the tag itself. I have been using =AG= ~AG~ for years now without problem. We aren't impersonating anyone.

So this isn't cheating? I don't see why you would move this thread. Legacy.

HunterBoy, I understand you don't care about the rules but they are there. I will keep reporting you guys until something is done. It was an unwarranted kick.