spawn (DayZ)

many players are quitting

I dont agree with getting rid of bandits. i mean they add to the fun. but when there is 40 people on a server and 39 of them are bandits because they have been shot too many times for a can of beans someone didn;t need or now in 1.7.1 a bandage they dont need. people get a bit shitty becasuse they are trying to survive not play COD. I have never played COD but heard what its like. I do agree to a reward for bandits killing survivors but and VS. and then also if a bandit kills another bandit killing one of their own they lose points. like maybe ranking or something and the same for survivors kiling survivors. that way people will ovserve people hide and tell them to stop or they will shoot. tell them to drop their food or weapon or they will be killed. then they drop their gear and run off. there is a successfull robbery. or maybe when they get close to eachother they can see how friendly they are in the face and make the call to kill or let live and team up and band together.

now this would fix rockets plan for a bit more teamwork and all the killing for no reason and also bring more skill in to dealing with a possible hostile threat.

Bandits should be included, but atm its the only viable strategy.

There should be aspects of the game inaccessible to bandits. So when you choose to be a bandit, you have to bandit well because you can't survive without banditing.

Make players take more damage. That way it could take more than a single shot to kill a guy. If it is actually a strain on ammo to shoot people, you'd need to be efficient at killing people. Only shoot people if you can guarantee you can take their stuff and only if they have good stuff.

If you see a guy with the same gun as you, you shoot him and take his ammo. See a noobie picking up his first makarov, leave him. He's not worth the bullets.

thing is rickshaw people are not killing for their bullets or weapons. people are killing for the kill count. 1 or 2 mak rounds to the head to an unarmed survivor with a bandage and the bandit sais to himself, yess that was only 2 rounds. at this rate i will kill 20 people on this beach and beat my personal best. people are not playing to survive but playing to PVP as well. snipers for example. what gain does a sniper get for killing someone 200m away when they are on top of a building. do you think that sniper is going to go down there in the open to loot his body for gear he doesn;t need? no he will hide at the top of the building not killing any zombies around him so he doesn;t attract attention and wait for another poor un armed player to come along for his next kill.

Kopiovastaava his beans? what use are his beans if your full health and you have no intention of killing zombies so you wont get attacked. your intention is to kill players from a position that you cant be seen and you wont get hit. you already have 3 tins of food in your back pack from your walk there so there which will last you 4 hours so no need for beans

I'm a bandit and I always travel around the inland. I don't care about towns like Electro, Balota or Chernogorsk. If unarmed players want to go there, then that's their decision. When and IF I make it to Stary Sobor or International Airfield, I'm definitely not taking any risks of getting shot and killed.

If I see a guy with the same gun as I have and I'm running out of ammo, then I will shoot him and take his clips+everything else I need. I'm not going to ask him to give them to me. I'm TAKING them. I don't care if he is sitting by the campfire or watching birds.

And the only snipers that are camping on top of the buildings are in Electro or cherno.

"bandits are usually badly geared because they die often." Usually, the people that I kill and are bandits, have far more better gear than "survivors" I kill. Yeah, I admit, Im a bandit and Im always moving with other bandits and killing everyone I see that is worth the kill.

Precisely spawn, they dont kill for anything but killcount because they dont need anything. We need to create something for them. We need them to need something.

This is why we make player to player damage less. That way 1-2 mak round to the head wont kill. 8 mak rounds to the head will kill (NUMBERS SUBJECT TO CHANGE). With this I am able to kill 3 people, I had better make sure I kill high level players, so I get more ammo from them.

Ahblabla and a another bla.

Whole lot of opinion based on nothing other than "because I said so" documentation. Well done lad.

This game is not real. It never will be. In the REAL zombie apocolypse' date=' people wouldn't shoot other people because in the REAL world, they have a heart.

Because the game can't be real, it has to at least be fun. Something unrealistic needs to be done about bandits.

[/quote']

See above - Also stop confusing reaLISM with REAL.

Agree with OP. I'm not putting any serious time into the game until they fix the hacker plague, far worse than the zombies.

I was killed recently by a hacker in a way described by the OP. He was a completely skill-less idiot, presumably from COD or similar. I unloaded 18-21 shots with perfect accuracy into his virginal body before he even understood what was going on. The last (30th) round from my clip popped his cherry before he killed me with a few poorly aimed shots.

This is really shitty. I don't mind dying at all, i'm used to the harshness of ACE mod, with other AI improvements, and being heavily outnumbered and outgunned in missions. DayZ is pretty much a breeze compared to what my unit are used to, but being killed in this way would put anyone off from playing. Fix it guys, this is embarrassing for any long standing community member. In the past in arma, hacks were just for fun, spawning massive towers of cows and the like. Now people are doing it to make up for complete incompetence.

See a noobie picking up his first makarov' date=' leave him. He's not worth the bullets.

[/quote']

His beans are.

Just do us all a favour and leave, you are no better than your average cheater.

I defenently hope DayZ will return to a survival oriented experience, rather than a oversized counterstrike session.

ok think in real life. do you watch the walking dead. do you see people in that TV show hunting people instead of trying to stay alive? in a real life situation would you go run off in to the bush alone and kill anyone you see? in real life there is not weapons in every building or guns' date=' in fact there would be next to no guns due to them breaking or getting lost.

sure bandits kill other players but they also kill bandits. survivors try not to kill anyone. but now since all the survivors are being killed they now just kill anyone. for 1 example I saw a video of two guys going around together. one asks the other if he has a map or a compas. he sais no i got a tent. the other guy shoots him and walks off. in real life it would not happen like this.

sure bandits add to the fun but they dont play to survive which is the aim. they play to kill anyone and hunt anyone. they dont care fi they die because they will just respawn. if your a real life bandit there is no respawn button. in real life bandits would try and rob people over shoot them. because if they shoot them then later on when they need help there are no humans left to help

[/quote']

I take it you never read the walking dead comic the seires is based on, in that you see people killing people because at the end of an apocalypse the government always tends to be dictatorial and militant. In fact it is a long standing tradition in most zombie horror to make the linchpin of the horror that people are the real monstors while the zombies are just a mindless background dressing that adds to the human conflict.

This game is no different. Survival vs mindless zombies in this game is not hard the people are the real problem and they always will be no game designer can make computer controlled enemies that are more devious and cunning then human players and still have them be balanced enough that the player doesn't feel like the computer is cheating him. i don't expect much to change in the long run the players will always be the main threat they can inconvenience you more for sure but pvp is the core of this game not pve. I would add that the walking dead is ok but if you want to see a real series of survival go watch the cancelled BBC series Survivors on netflix it's about 100 times better even without zombies...

Simple truth - 'the whiners' as you call them, are the maturer, more survival-oriented DayZ players, who come from an arma 2, as opposed to COD/bog-standard PvP background. These are the people who have kept the game alive for years with their hard work, blood, sweat and tears making mods, missions, addons, and scripts - the reason we, DayZ, and the rest of you ingrates are here in the first place. Then you have the cheek to demand that these, for the most part, imaginative, productive and creative types 'leave', so that you mindless consumer types can carry on running around like headless chickens shooting at everything that moves.

You have got to be kidding me. Have some respect.

I completely agree with the flaws you have mentioned.

It's just in deathmatch state right now, there's no reason to deny it.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you.

While we want the freedom of banditing, there should be severe features that punish the bandit for committing a murder.

Realism? No, get off your silly high horse of realism inside a video game, you want the game to be the authentic style of post apocolypse, thus you add features that make it feel more authentic, however if you need to add features that would support a cooperative experience which deducts the so called "realism" then it must be done for the sake of the GAME, which it is and will always be.

If you want "realism" so badly, get off your computer.

Guess what? You betray a person once, okay, you got his loot and goodies. That person will most likely shoot everyone on sight from then on.

"Can't trust anyone mentality" is what ruins this game and will be the downfall if nothing would be done about it.

I do not feel motivated to start DayZ again primarily based on this reason, you run / sneak / crawl for hours, collect goods, random guy shoots you, start over.

It is almost impossible now to have at least a half-decent co-op experience unless you grab a few people before joining the game, and if you must do that in order to have an actual co-op experience within this game, then it is obviously done wrong.

There should be features in-game that allow some way to trust some other survivors, it would help motivate a co-op experience.

"No gun, spawn, this should motivate co-op experience?" Haha, no, that would just motivate coastal hunting for trolling and griefing players.

Most of the players shoot other players on sight just for the fun's sake, they know there's no real punishment for them putting a bullet into someone, so why should they worry?

You shoot someone on sight, you lose nothing (karma doesn't do crap right now), you don't shoot someone and you have the risk on losing everything, so yes, it is a logical argument to shoot everyone you meet on sight. Thus, the game still needs MAJOR change to switch this mentality of the common player.

Realism? No' date=' get off your silly high horse of realism inside a video game, you want the game to be the authentic style of post apocolypse, thus you add features that make it feel more authentic, however if you need to add features that would support a cooperative experience which deducts the so called "realism" then it must be done for the sake of the GAME, which it is and will always be.

[/quote']

I agree with everything you said apart from the above.

You need to understand the difference between 'reality', and 'realism'.

If you leave the computer, you have reality, if you stay on it, you are perfectly entitled to demand 'realism', an artistic concept, that has nothing to do with anything outside of that, beyond reference.

Furthermore, the extreme PvP banditry, is not realism. 99% of these bandit types come from a COD background, and are frustrated little virgins, who aren't big or clever enough to get what they want in real life, so take it out on people in a virtual environment. This is nothing new. The only difference now, with DayZ, as opposed to actual hardcore mods for arma like ACE, is that it is relatively very easy. So compared to games like COD/BF3, they can fool themselves into thinking they are good at something 'realistic', which they aren't. Stick them in a real PvP match in a squad, as the game is supposed to be played, and they won't last 5 minutes, they wouldn't even last 5 seconds in a 'real' combat scenario. They wont even be able to handle squad/FT communication, let alone that at the same time as leadership, situational awareness, combat skills and decision making skills - all the things that realism gaming actually demands.

Simple truth, these people are kidding themselves, and don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to realism combat.

Are people seriously trying to equate real life to a hollywood movie /tv series and comic books...

LMAO.

It's the worst thing the English ever done, setting up Hollywood. Americans think everything that comes out of it's real.

Realism? No' date=' get off your silly high horse of realism inside a video game, you want the game to be the authentic style of post apocolypse, thus you add features that make it feel more authentic, however if you need to add features that would support a cooperative experience which deducts the so called "realism" then it must be done for the sake of the GAME, which it is and will always be.

[/quote']

I agree with everything you said apart from the above.

You need to understand the difference between 'reality', and 'realism'.

If you leave the computer, you have reality, if you stay on it, you are perfectly entitled to demand 'realism', an artistic concept, that has nothing to do with anything outside of that, beyond reference.

Furthermore, the extreme PvP banditry, is not realism. 99% of these bandit types come from a COD background, and are frustrated little virgins, who aren't big or clever enough to get what they want in real life, so take it out on people in a virtual environment. This is nothing new. The only difference now, with DayZ, as opposed to actual hardcore mods for arma like ACE, is that it is relatively very easy. So compared to games like COD/BF3, they can fool themselves into thinking they are good at something 'realistic', which they aren't. Stick them in a real PvP match in a squad, as the game is supposed to be played, and they won't last 5 minutes, they wouldn't even last 5 seconds in a 'real' combat scenario. They wont even be able to handle squad/FT communication, let alone that at the same time as leadership, situational awareness, combat skills and decision making skills - all the things that realism gaming actually demands.

Simple truth, these people are kidding themselves, and don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to realism combat.

You misinterpreted my saying, it was focused on the players who only care about the realism factors, beyond reasoning levels. If they care about realism so much, they should perhaps stop playing the game.

There's just some features that might take away from the 'realism' in order to promote a slightly more cooperative setting within the game.

Because right now, the only way you can assure yourself to have an actual "legit" cooperative experience is if you metagame (ventrilo, teamspeak, playing with friends outside of the game).

That is a huge sign that something is wrong within the game.

Just make 2 factions: bandits and survivors. Bandit should kill survivors, and survivors the bandits. Basically what it was couple of patches ago. Case closed.

Hackers are definitely an issue, but the devs will get on that. That, or they'll lose a lot of support. I doubt they want that, so it's a safe bet they'll get on that issue soon.

On the other hand of "OMG WHY IS THERE PVP IN DESPERATE SURVIVAL GAME!?!?!?" I will have to answer that question with another question - Why does the wind blow?