Sign in to follow this  
DevilDog (DayZ)

Animals disappearing?

Anyone else having this problem? Has happened on a couple servers to me. I was chasing a cow and it vanished. I was aiming in on a sheep and it vanished. I shot a rabbit then it vanished. I was actually gutting a cow and it vanished. I had gutted one and was taking the steaks and it vanished, I got 3 steaks off and the cow went poof.

Well, the animals are trying their best to survive, and some of them take the pain. However, there are a few undesirable animals that alt-f4 as soon as they see a player...

• Like 5

It happens a lot. You just gotta grab the meat hopefully asap right after the gut. I understand that the animal will sometimes disappear before you can even gut it, but hopefully they fix that someday soon. =P

Well, the animals are trying their best to survive, and some of them take the pain. However, there are a few undesirable animals that alt-f4 as soon as they see a player...

lol!

That's what I always say when I see them poof as well.

I'd like to see more animals personally, maybe some bears or packs of wolves that can attack you. would bring a little more atmosphere to the game.

Or the infamous Jack-a-lope

Edited by merrfack

I'm telling you man, the animal kingdom are conspiring against the human survivors in Chernaurus.

As a Bob And Tom fan I nearly spit out my drink when I read this, well done.

yeah, happens a lot. for me, every 3rd or so kill disappears either as i approach following the kill, or as i'm gutting it. have to hurry.

it grates on me to shoot an animal, give away my position, and all to no purpose i must say. but i've got one of those silenced assault rifles now (can't remember the name), so it bugs me less as at least no one can hear me blasting away at ghosts.

lol!

That's what I always say when I see them poof as well.

They get real nervous, when we get too close and they alt+f4.... because their NOT NPCs !!!!!! It's an enormeous conspiracy of animals that have minds of their own... player's souls stored in these poor creatures venturing freely in the fields....

Yes, it happens to me too. Only when I actually NEED the meat, though. :(

Yeah happens to me too, but for me it's usually after I shoot it from far away. I prefer to just axe the shit out of them, it's silent and doesn't cost ammo. (BRB reloading hatchet)

Animals are clearly hackers who are working with Zeds. How many times are you crouch walking or crawling though NWAF with Zeds all around and a fucking goat appears walking around casually like he owns the place.

Animals, just like Zombies, are spawned by the players themselves and owned/controlled by the players' workstations. Each player is allotted a certain number of zombies and a certain number of animals that they can spawn. When a player logs out, all entities that they were responsible for are removed from game. This is why when players log out you'll see zombies instantly despawn. Animals simply don't have the range limit that zombies do. So, that cow that disappeared could've been "owned" by a player 5km away who just logged out. Nothing you can do to stop it... just be quick when you see an animal.