Julia_Shafer

Spawning unconscious

so lately I manage to spawn unconscious and it lasts for a good 4-5 minutes till I can get up. I don't know if this is just an alpha bug or what, any suggestions?

Shock

Symptoms

If the player logs out with this status, the next time they log in they will spend a long period unconscious. It is marked by a White symbol on the HUD

Causes

Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow.

Treatment

This status will last for 5 minutes and is incurable.

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Status_Effects#Shock

Shock

Symptoms

If the player logs out with this status' date=' the next time they log in they will spend a long period unconscious. It is marked by a White symbol on the HUD

Causes

Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow.

Treatment

This status will last for 5 minutes and is incurable[/i'].

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Status_Effects#Shock

I have the same bug. It's NOT because of shock.

I have this bug as well. Even if its a few hours between log ins. I was not under the shock effect either.

I am getting this bug too Thought it was server related SO I connected to another server, still spawning unconscious. Full blood water food.

I am getting this bug too Thought it was server related SO I connected to another server' date=' still spawning unconscious. Full blood water food.

[/quote']

This is happening to me right now... HAven't switched servers in about 10 hours - played on various servers then stuck to one with a good fps for about 3 hours, then took a 5 hour break and now, on the same server, I'm unconscious. I'm at the NW airfield too! fucking dangerous...

What's this about, Rocket? Maybe an intentional deterrent to server hopperS? If so, then u need to tweak your algorithm because I dont think I fall into that category, I only switch when I come across a server with shit fps.

after many times of this the bug fixed itself for me. Very confusing (I was not in shock either).

My friend is getting this bug currently as well. We hiked for an hour or so no gunshot only quiet looting and he spawns unconscious. I hope it disappears like it did for andwii.

I have also experienced this, I spawn unconscious, no shock or other influence. I can walk around for longer than 5 minutes, rejoin and still be unconscious

Dealing with it again now. I waited out the timer last time, wandered out into the wilderness and logged out to make dinner.

Just logged back in and I'm laying in the middle of nowhere unconscious.

No shock, no shots.. just.. randomly got the hourglass. :/

(Im just glad it's not the middle of Electro or something stupid :p

I have had this a couple of times. It fixes itself (for me) if I die. It has also disappeared by itself for no apparent reason. Try getting a friend to epi-pen you, might fix it.

I'm getting the same problems!

I think it might be there to stop people from exploiting since this happened when my internet started dying (No idea why.) Kinda like a counter-disconnect....

this is happening to me as well, but i can never recover. as soon as i log into any server, i spawn unconscious and no amount of time seems to cure it.

this a.m., my character was in this state for 42 minutes before i finally killed arma 2 via task mgr. last night, i waited something like 23 minutes on a different server before stopping the game via task mgr since no keys respond.

i sure hope this gets fixed soon or i'll have blown $20 on that steam sale last weekend.