Sign in to follow this  
henamshox

What should I upgrade on my PC to get DayZ working good?

32 bit architecture can only natively support 2048 MB ram. So getting 4GB will not give you all that much boost because windows will have to work overtime to try to handle it.

Best thing to do is start from scratch. Lots of reasonable deals out there. Check newegg.

it would probably be cheaper to get a new computer at this point. Getting more ram, new cpu (probably new motherboard to fit the cpu), and new gpu, (and maybe a new case to fit all this stuff)... you're basically going to have to get a new pc anyway. all that stuff is ancient.

Take my advice and don't buy a fully built computer.

Get a friend to help you build one, and order parts!

Building one urself is cheap, and usually by alot, alowing more room for bigger upgrades like CPU, GPU..

lol @ "investing"

I'm sorry it's not possible to invest money into a PC when it will give you no finacial gain

at any point of it's lifetime as electronics become obsolete sometimes within a year.

Anyway,

With building a new PC sometimes you can recycle and reuse things you already have but

by judging on your original post it doesn't seem like much can, maybe the harddrivs, DVD and MAYBE the case if it's not one of those name brand pc's.

Gives me a budget and I'll give you a VERY good selection with links to where to order

them from (if your US Based)

ARMA2? You should be gearing up for ARMA3 allready, its almost here....

and stop talking about upgrading RAM, it fucking costs nothing.

The thing is, with a AMD Sempron 140 Processor in your system you'll have an old motherboard too, that wont take a decent CPU, which is what Arma 2 needs as a priority, above ram...oh and it's got no chance of running Arma 3.

Try more memory if you like but it won't improve the game much, if at all.

Note : Windows XP is a 32bit OS and as such will only support up to 3.3Gb of ram. So if you do increase your memory don't bother going above 4Gb as it simply won't get used at all.

Your best bet is to lower your graphics settings under the game's options menu and suffer a little until you have the money for something better...or ask around your friends and friend's families, to see if anyone's got a spare PC you can lend for a while - say it's needed for course work ;)

Unfortunately all the replies are from people who don't know what they are talking about.

The AMD Sempron is an AM3 CPU, 2.7GHz single core which is quit recent. However, it is actually just an Athlon II X2 4400e with a core locked, (but even if you had a motherboard that can unlock cores, it would still struggle as it's not very fast, similar to a Core 2 Duo E6600).

What you really need to tell us is the Make and Model of your motherboard, then we will know what CPU's it can take.

Regarding RAM, all you need is 3GB, so get an extra 1GB, but what quantity of modules, type and speed, again, depends on your motherboard specs.

You have not mentioned any graphics card, is it on the motherboard or have you got a very low spec one?

The very least card you need is an Nvidia 8800GT/GTS or ATi HD 3870.

I'm sure it's a built in graphics.

It's going to take more then just a CPU and some ram.

There are plenty of deals that give a motherboard for free with a CPU, which is better

then keeping whatever he has.

Honestly. the biggst upgrade he can probably do is a better graphics card.

That will give him the most performance for the money.

I'm sure it's a built in graphics.

It's going to take more then just a CPU and some ram.

There are plenty of deals that give a motherboard for free with a CPU' date=' which is better

then keeping whatever he has.

[hr']

Honestly. the biggst upgrade he can probably do is a better graphics card.

That will give him the most performance for the money.

But remember that CPU is single core and very, very slow, it will be a bottleneck and waste the performance of the graphics card. Upgrading the three at the same time, CPU/RAM/GPU, is the best way to go.