hunter2123

Opinion on server hoppers? (JUSTICE)

I've had to server hop. Servers often crash, a couple times a night this happens. Servers get glitched, happens often as well. Arma2 also still has some desktop crashes that occur, including when playing DayZ, have to restart and ususally can't remember what server I started on. Loot disappears and does not spawn sometimes on servers, same as glitched above I guess.

I also don't play at night. Too dark and just can't see anything. It's not any fun, at all. If I load and it's dark, I switch.

You found satchel charges? /jealous

As for loot farming, I agree, I think that because it's the place with the best loot, the easier solution (and thus exploited) is to just server hop inside the barracks.

I like the Helicopter crash sites (once they work), so maybe add more random loot spawn things like that so people can find the "good" loot while exploring around instead of always going to the same loot zone(s).

You found satchel charges? /jealous

As for loot farming' date=' I agree, I think that because it's the place with the best loot, the easier solution (and thus exploited) is to just server hop inside the barracks.

I like the Helicopter crash sites (once they work), so maybe add more random loot spawn things like that so people can find the "good" loot while exploring around instead of always going to the same loot zone(s).

[/quote']

We've found serveral. Wasted the last few we had in the video after this

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12338

Nothing wrong with farming' date=' now server hopping that's an exploit!

Exelent use of a stachel charge.

[/quote']

:D

Nothing wrong with farming' date=' now server hopping that's an exploit!

Exelent use of a stachel charge.

[/quote']

:D

So uh... While this is completely lulls if I assume that guy in the building was a server hopper, I can't help but wonder: how do you know if he was? Maybe that guy was like me and after a long run, going around the map and scavenging and whatever else, was tired (and probably not thinking) and decided to log out in the safety of the building. He logs back on and BOOM~

Not server hopping, just coming back in to play some more.

I guess the moral of the story is: Don't log out in buildings. Ever. T_T

That's generally a good rule for survival. My rule is not to log out in plain sight, and not within 100 metres of a lootable hotspot. Otherwise there's just too great a chance you'll log in right in front of someone who'd like to shoot you, and they'll probably see you before you see them.

That's generally a good rule for survival. My rule is not to log out in plain sight' date=' and not within 100 metres of a lootable hotspot. Otherwise there's just too great a chance you'll log in right in front of someone who'd like to shoot you, and they'll probably see you before you see them.

[/quote']

Quite true.

Remember to subscribe for more lols guys! More videos tonight hopefully Arma's almost done reinstalling

Check out http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12338

If a players starting position (where he logs in) is recorded each time he logs on a server, and a linear distance (currentPos - startingPos).Length(); (LengthSq() I guess) is checked against some static const value before *showing* each piece of loot on a specific client, would that work? I.e. Others would see the loot, but any items within a set area (1km etc) of where you log into a server won't be visible to you, maybe for an hour or so.

I'm not sure what calls are exposed to the scripting interface, maybe ya can't limit things like this client side

Just an idea, or I'm talking crap, either one.

We'll discourage them from server hopping =]

Map a cell area and make it so they loose all their firearms and weaponry (including sidearms or anything which could potentially kill someone) and they have to stay there regardless of whether they kill themselves (in which case the timer should reset) or jump on another server.

Very entertaining.

Maybe "no-spawn zones," where logging out or disconnecting will cause death or at least automatic five minute incapacitation upon re-spawn.

I don't really care if someone is mad about server hopping for something with how rare some of these drops are in the game and how difficult it is to recoup your stuff sometimes. I don't farm for equipment by doing it (aside from getting my first gun from balota deer stands) or if I need something direly like a bandage and for some stupid reason a grocery store has none even though I've literally seen 7 in one before. I don't do it regularly for farming, just on occasion.

I don't really see why you have that much of a problem with it. considering the entire drop system is completely random luck.

Also you're so hardcore for killing a guy just logging in without a chance to do anything at all.

I don't really care if someone is mad about server hopping for something with how rare some of these drops are in the game and how difficult it is to recoup your stuff sometimes. I don't farm for equipment by doing it (aside from getting my first gun from balota deer stands) or if I need something direly like a bandage and for some stupid reason a grocery store has none even though I've literally seen 7 in one before. I don't do it regularly for farming' date=' just on occasion.

I don't really see why you have that much of a problem with it. considering the entire drop system is completely random luck.

Also you're so hardcore for killing a guy just logging in without a chance to do anything at all.

[/quote']You may think you can justify it, but you have to believe me - YOU ARE A SERVER HOPPING CHEATER. That's a fact, and you admitted it. I don't care if you do it "light" in any way... doing it AT ALL is a cheat.

And cheating is simply a way to make up for a bad player who refuses to play against others on equal terms.

I don't really care if someone is mad about server hopping for something with how rare some of these drops are in the game and how difficult it is to recoup your stuff sometimes. I don't farm for equipment by doing it (aside from getting my first gun from balota deer stands) or if I need something direly like a bandage and for some stupid reason a grocery store has none even though I've literally seen 7 in one before. I don't do it regularly for farming' date=' just on occasion.

[/quote']You may think you can justify it, but you have to believe me - YOU ARE A SERVER HOPPING CHEATER. That's a fact, and you admitted it. I don't care if you do it "light" in any way... doing it AT ALL is a cheat.

And cheating is simply a way to make up for a bad player who refuses to play against others on equal terms.

+1. It was this kids fault he happened to server hop and walk into the barracks, the satchel was on the middle of the floor and he didnt see it, trololol

My opinion? DIE! DIE! DIE' date=' YOU SCUM! DIE!

I mean I can understand why someone would do it, but using cheap tactics just doesn't appeal to me. I feel better when I find a vehicle/rare weapon in a legit manner.

[/quote']

Like when you log into the game on your server, and there is a heli crash site with 3 guys looting it then and there, and you just own them with your sniper :D

I seem to experience that quite regularly as the server I play on gets reset every 8 hours.

Server hopping to loot, and logging in are two different things though.