General Maximus

Looking for a true zombie survival experience?

Is it just me, or is nobody on it? I've only seen a couple people on today, and I keep lagging off of it.

Hey Zack, yeah I think that was when we were updating all our server files. Make sure to check out the SERVER INFO page we made for everyone in skype. Swineflew your kos style is perfectly acceptable. We have a great mix of people from those who are throwing bandages and blood bags at everything that moves to sniper/hunters that are always on the prowl looking for unsuspecting victims. All members in this server have really come together and are forming a real close relationship. This does 2 things. 1 is ADDED security for all players because if anything fishy goes down everyone is ontop of it reporting it to admins or warning others about it. 2. It creates one hell of a fun atmosphere. We have 2 dedicated skype channels for server members, one for chit chat and one for important server news. You will ALWAYS find something interesting going down here with us :D

• Like 1

Sounds lIke fun...I am def down to try my hand at a private hive..sounds like a good place to settle down...Although I am much more interested in just slaying zombies than other humans.

Sounds lIke fun...I am def down to try my hand at a private hive..sounds like a good place to settle down...Although I am much more interested in just slaying zombies than other humans.

Well contact info is on the first page. Like I said spots are filling quick so don't wait long!! :D

• Like 1

:beans: :beans:

see all them beans, my award to this server and its admins, mad props on a great time, with good people!

if your looking for the best home server this would be it.

see all them beans, my award to this server and its admins, mad props on a great time, with good people!

if your looking for the best home server this would be it.

LOL thanks NIN3 for the beans!!! We appreciate your 4 can review :P . This server is everything we have hoped for out of Dayz. It is the server members that make this possible!!

• Like 1

Really good server enjoying it immensely + with the mod its even better

this server is the shit guys u really need to get in ASAP before i have to reject your messages again

Ugh, didnt knew you guys removed all those weapons!!! Know im really interested come back. Where to dll the mod ?

Edit: im on steam.

Edited by metalica24

Hey General looks like yall have a really interesting setup for your hive. Me and a few friends are interested in finding a home on your hive. I will send you a message on Skype sometime tomorrow if you have the time to talk. Hope to talk to you soon.

Hey General looks like yall have a really interesting setup for your hive. Me and a few friends are interested in finding a home on your hive. I will send you a message on Skype sometime tomorrow if you have the time to talk. Hope to talk to you soon.

I look forward to speaking with you! Your coming in at a VERY good time as there is still plenty of fresh vehicles and lots of good survivor rivalry going on. Our RangerZ Mod has created a ultra survivalist experience where making every shot count, and scavenging for food is the difference between life and death.

THE NEW RMOD AND RANGERZ MOD HAVE MADE IT DEFINITELY A GAME OF SURVIVAL! YOU NOW APPRECIATE AND VALUE YOUR KNIFE,AXE, AND TOOLS AS THEY ARENT EASY TO COME BY, AND PVP IS SOO MUCH MORE IN YOUR FACE WITH THE RARITY OF THE M4 WEP'S.... LOVING THESE BTR-40'S MAN THEY ARE BAWS!!!!!!!ADMINS ARE STILL HARD AT WORK WITH MAKING UPDATES AND KEEPIN ALL US LIL FOLK IN THE SERVER AWARE OF THE UPCOMING CHANGES AND MAKING SURE EVERYTHING GETS A VOTE BEFORE IT GETS CHANGED.......

STILL THE ONLY TRULY CUSTOM DAYZ SERVER OUT THERE!!!! I WILL NEVER PLAY ANY OTHER DAYZ SERVER AGAIN PUBLIC OR PRIVATE!!!!

YOU BASTARDS HAVE JUST RUINED ME! LOLZ!!!!

KEEP UP THE HARD WORK GUYS AND TOO ALL INTERESTED PARTIES THIS SERVER IS WORTH THE TIME TO TRY OUT IF YOUR BURNED OUT WITH DAYZ SERVERS AND DICKBAGS!!! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE AND I GARUNTEE YOU WILL GET YOUR KICKS OUT OF IT1!!!! :beans: :beans:

:D :)

:lol: :rolleyes:

\

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about joining the server but I have a question: can I still launch DayZ through DayZCommander with your mod installed? Does using your mod on top of DayZ change anything else like that? Also, is there voice or text side chat enabled? I'd rather it not be, because it kinda kills the immersion. Thanks! I really like that the OP weapons are removed.

Edited by HarrisonVoltaire

I'm thinking about joining the server but I have a question: can I still launch DayZ through DayZCommander with your mod installed? Does using your mod on top of DayZ change anything else like that? Also, is there voice or text side chat enabled? I'd rather it not be, because it kinda kills the immersion. Thanks! I really like that the OP weapons are removed.

We modify a lot of files to bring you a whole new experience, so no you can't just play vanilla with our mod installed, you would have to take it off. Also yes side chat is enabled, it is what the people wanted.

Best server I have ever been on. I lost intrest in DayZ due to hackers and how easy the game was. This server has rekindled my love for this game and is truely the DayZ Exp I have always wanted. I highly recommend checking it out!

RANGERZ MOD 1.0 (Based on vanilla Dayz)

[Added] Chloroform (rare) to be used in pvp. This will allow for kidnapped/ransome scenarios to play out as it knocks out a victim for 3.5mins.

[Added] "Flip Vehicle" action to allow players to do just that when they overturn their transportation.

[Added] "Combat Logger" to eliminate combat logging. Once a person engages/is engaged in combat a 30second timer appears and disables "log out". Should also insta-kill anyone who tries to log by alt-f4 or kill process before the timer runs out (still to be tested).

[Changed] Introduced "Vehicle Inspection" which allows you to view in detail all damaged parts

[Changed] Zombies/loot now spawns even if your in vehicle

STOLEN CODE

Edited by xpletive
  • Like 1

How is this "stolen" you made it open source by placing it for public use. It was brought to our attention by community members and we gave it to them. We posted all credit as it was due. We have no problem removing it from our server since you want to cry about it. Just know if YOU want to protect your mod then don't place it where just anyone can grab it.

How is this "stolen" you made it open source by placing it for public use. It was brought to our attention by community members and we gave it to them. We posted all credit as it was due. We have no problem removing it from our server since you want to cry about it. Just know if YOU want to protect your mod then don't place it where just anyone can grab it.

This is what the creator of DayZ Redux (Venthos) posted on YOUR FORUMS, which you then DELETED and permanently BANNED him for:

The fact that the ARMA2 mod system doesn't permit for protecting mods does not make it any less of a case of theft. If I had the option, it would've been protected so that situations like this could not happen. I *have* to provide the client pbos to have people play it. I have no other realistic option. You are essentially acting on the same principles as Vilayer, just at a singular level. Do you agree with their recent theft of other developers maps/mods? You must, since it's verbatim what you're doing.

I didn't use DayZ vanilla as a "base" to copy code from like you've copied code from DayZ Redux. Rocket's code is simply that, rocket's code. I personally wrote all new code or otherwise removed/changed his code. There was nothing to "copy", just built upon from scratch. Rocket had also given everyone permission and his approval to do exactly that and modify the heck out of everything. I, on the other hand, have not done that. Code specific to DayZ Redux that I wrote by hand is just that -- my code. You were never given permission to lift my code. You basically pulled my code up and mass duplicated it, likely making sure to tweak just enough to claim uniqueness (I'll be reviewing your code once I get back home to see just how blatant it is).

In your original forums' posts, you made it seem like I was a willing participant in this.

Quote:

HUGE thanks to Dayz Redux who was our base of modified files and showed us the way of how to make it our own.

Let it be known that this is the furthest from the case. It's quite a weird way to go about showing your "thanks" by showing the biggest disrespect you can to the creator by not even asking permission let alone blatantly ripping my code. Had you even asked simply for permission, this would be an entirely different (and happy) story. Your choice to thumb your nose at me and my hard work (and profiting from it through your server dues), with very little effort on your part, certainly hits me the wrong way.

I've relayed your mod code to other DayZ mod devs to have them check for stolen code as well. Have a unique idea and code it yourself. Don't rip from others. What would you do if I actually did stop development of new ideas/code for DayZ Redux? Whoo, you'd be limited to all the loot table and vehicle/weapon config tweaking you've been doing and be quite in trouble! That should tell you something right there that what you're doing is shady at best, if not blatant theft as I see it.

Honestly, all you needed to do was ASK. Didn't your mommy teach you that when you were younger? Ask before taking things. If you had asked, he probably would have made a compromise with you and you would be able to give your community what they wanted without being labeled a thief.

Quote from dayz redux forums, and Venthos' response:

Spuddy, on 24 October 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

"The least they could do was ask if they could implement some of your code."

Venthos said:

This right here. If someone were to directly approach me about it, I would have a drastically different response regarding using things in the client PBOs. Someone already asked me about borrowing the loot system. I thanked them for asking me, had no quarrels with it, and told them all I requested is that in their changelog/featurelist they cite "Based On: DayZRedux" next to it.

Since this guy didn't ask, there's nothing I'd give him permission to use now. In further discussions with this guy, he's literally told me I should be honored that they took my code.

Had they approached it with respect, I would've probably even given them help/tips for implementing it as long as they customized it to be unique enough from mine (not re-use Alexander's custom images and the like, unless he too was okay with it). ASKING for permission is huge, and something that was never done in this situation.

Edited by termhn

This is what the creator of DayZ Redux (Venthos) posted on YOUR FORUMS, which you then DELETED and permanently BANNED him:

We banned him because he was an unauthorized user. His original post is still there for our entire community to read. Like I said, quit crying, make your code private and you CAN avoid this type of thing. We DON'T need your code, its just nice to have, We have no problem removing it, we had a great community before your code came and we'll still have a great community after its gone. We are only trying to make a great experience for all those who play dayz, nothing more, and nothing less

Just know if YOU want to protect your mod then don't place it where just anyone can grab it.

Or else dicks like you guys will steal it, and use it for PROFIT no less, eh? Kids ... <_<

Or else dicks like you guys will steal it, and use it for PROFIT no less, eh? Kids ... <_<

Profit? We ask for only enough to cover server fee, that is all. Trust me if I wanted profit I would not charge a whopping 2dollars. And I'm the kid? Ok "pomonkey" is it? Lol move along.