Sign in to follow this  
Andrakann

[Mod and Standalone Suggestion] Split server time to 6-8 sessions

Hi all!

Get ready for my bad english )

Main idea is simple: split server time to 3-4 hour sessions with unique private database for each session and make player character always in game, but unconscious if player disconnected.

Maybe there is nessesary to add time management - first day session "GMT 00:00-03:00" ingame time is 7:00 to 10:00, next day for session "GMT 00:00-03:00" ingame time is 10:00 to 13:00, etc.

+ One hardware server can run 6-8 session databases, with different set of players for each.

+ You can select time period which best fits to your playtime (and play with people with same playtime).

+ You cannot play longer than session and get enough sleep ;)

+ You can make camp and defend it easy (not 24/7 but 3-4/7).

+ You can control territory.

+ You don't have to hide your vehicle before logout.

+ You'll need to have friend to defend your unconscious character if disconnect happen.

+ You cannot simply logout/login to get rid of zombies on your tail.

+ You can get unconscious body of alt+F4-sniper and jail them into wire fences or just kill him.

- Servers need to swap databases for each session.

- You'll need to have friend to defend your unconscious character if disconnect happen.

- You cannot play longer than session if you not interested in enough sleep ;)

- You cannot snipe someone and logout to safety.

- Probably, you cannot find hidden vehicle.

- You cannot simply logout/login to get rid of zombies on your tail.

- You can find your character dead or jailed if you skip session or two.

From what I can understand this is an idea that would cause lots of players to quit.

People have lies and jobs not everyone can afford to sit at a computer waiting to play every day.

Edited by LVG

This idea exactly for those peoples with jobs and lives, who can play some hours after work.

I can play from 19 to 23 or 20 to 23 by my time, so i find server with session in that period and play.

If i cannot play tomorrow, i must logout in safe zone, like my gang camp or deep in forest.

There's always be a chance to login dead, if you hideout is not so secure, or all gang members skipped session and our camp destroyed by more regular gang, but DayZ is a game of start over, so not a big deal.

And if you don't want to play with sessions - just select another server with standart setup.

It's a server setup variant with multiple databases split in sessions by 3 or 4 hours - first session is "GMT 00:00 to 03:00" (or "GMT 00:00 to 04:00"), next session with different gamebase started from "GMT 03:00 to 06:00" (or "GMT 04:00 to 08:00") - etc.

Next day session starts with previous day database (with optionally ingame time correction) and you continue play from point where previous session ends (your character lies in place where previous session ends in unconscious condition, waiting for your login).

+ and - in first post, if it's pointless for you - play on standart server, np.