fathairybeast

Be wary of helicopter crash sites

Kickin' dirt all the way from Cherno to the Sobors, see a random helicopter site just around Sobor.

Pimp. Gonna check the loots, maybe. Are there Zombies?

Yeah, about 7 spawn in right around the heli. Another 7 or so lingering a bit away from it. All I've got is a Lee Enfield, but I've got plenty of ammo and 10 round mags, if I kite correctly I should be able to take them on if I'm seen.

Start crawling, crawl. Crawl some more. Get noticed.

Start kiting. Kite. Kite some more.

about 7 zombies down and a fresh batch spawn in. And again.

Now I have 20+ still chasing me with ~10 down. Know I'm going to lose.

Get knocked unconscious. Game over.

Lesson Learned: Don't be greedy.

• Like 2

Be patient but quick with the crashes. Stealth in and get out quick. Yes 7 or so zombies spawn in a batch. I've found 2 and I got me a DMR, a FN FAL and a FN FAL AN/PVS4... woot! If only I had nvgs...

I had an interesting experience like that.

I was a fairly fresh respawn, little gear and not a care in the world.

I found my first crash site!

Apparently someone had pretty thoroughly looted it, and all that was left was an M240 and 3 mags.

Having the same Idea as you, but drunk with the feel of that M240 in my hands, I stood in the middle of that field yelling WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

And spraying zig zagging zombies down BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH!

Waves of 'em!

'till running around, I got stuck on the wreckage of the chopper, was trying to reload as they came from 2 sides, I panicked, they busted my legs and ate me.

I hope someone found my body In that field of Zombie corpses.

I'll never forget MY first chopper crash!

• Like 2

I find it easier not to be stealthy on helis. I just run in.. pick up as much as I can while the zeds sort of glitch in the heli and try to hit you XD.. run a circle.. and pick up more stuff.. then leg it to somewhere I can loose them.. barn etc.

MikaelM told me he advises friends: "don't be greedy". I used slow and crouch. Walked right in next to the zombies, picked up an as50 and mag, turned around and walked away. No idea how it worked but it did. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

hehe how to loot heli crash site. :)

Seriously though, if you are a bit away facing front of heli, let them spawn and move out a bit. You should have clear path to move in on the heli

Edited by SyndicateFaction
  • Like 2

this here above is great, but i suggest a well trown smoke grenade.

if not let them spread and don't shoot the primary weapon. when they are a bit far from each other they don't aggro firing the pistol

i crawl in to the chopper loot the fuck out of it and run away. i never died from the zeds only from snipers there but zeds are annyoing while looting thats why i crawl.

• Like 1

I find as long as no zombies already spawned ( ie other players near ) then let them walk away a bit, sneak in, take your time to loot and then run away. Sure you will then aggro them but know where the nearest tree line is and you can lose them easily. I find I am often full of kit so have to decide what to drop based on whats at the spawn site. I dont want to rush and lose a decent gun due to glitches etc

I find the worst thing at heli sites.... other players laying in wait... my first heli site I sneaked into the first one, was looting it then sshots fired over my head, ran away to live another day...... and have died a few times to snipers

• Like 1

Bast way o deal with he fresh spawn Zedz is to take out all but one then shoot it in the leg to make it a crawler. Bags of time to loot.

If you wait just long enough, run in from the front of heli, you have time to loot before they turn around and come back to the heli. They always spawn and move outward from the sides and back of the heli. the front of heli has been clear for me numerous times. No shots fired.. in and out.

I just move into spawning range, once they all spawn up, kill them all with the DMR, move in, search and leave.

In the last 4 days i have found close to ten crash sites. 3 were within a couple hundred meters of each other on takistan. only one had any loot and it was a box of medic gear.

Disapointed. 2 didnt even have zombies spawn.

Yeah, you probably shouldn't have cracked off the Enfield.

:D

I go slow and steady at crash sites. I figure if there's a sniper there, I'm probably hit anyway when I stop to loot. Seems to work so far.

Just be patient, and let the zombies wander far enough away to get in and out without bothering you.

• Like 1

The lesson you should have learned is be more careful and for god's sake don't fire your lee enfield (why were you carrying that thing anyway?).

When you see a chopper crash spend 5 minutes looking at the area around the heli for snipers/bandits etc.

That will also give enough time for the zombies to disperse. After that go in crawling, get your stuff and get out. It's as simple as it sounds

• Like 1

The Enfield is only worth picking up to defend yourself from players in an emergency, if you aggro zombies act like you don't have a weapon, lol. They call it the dinner bell for a reason.

Smoke grenades are the best zombie distraction tool out there. I always try and carry a couple with me, if I don't have a silenced weapon.

Kickin' dirt all the way from Cherno to the Sobors, see a random helicopter site just around Sobor.

Pimp. Gonna check the loots, maybe. Are there Zombies?

Yeah, about 7 spawn in right around the heli. Another 7 or so lingering a bit away from it. All I've got is a Lee Enfield, but I've got plenty of ammo and 10 round mags, if I kite correctly I should be able to take them on if I'm seen.

Start crawling, crawl. Crawl some more. Get noticed.

Start kiting. Kite. Kite some more.

about 7 zombies down and a fresh batch spawn in. And again.

Now I have 20+ still chasing me with ~10 down. Know I'm going to lose.

Get knocked unconscious. Game over.

Lesson Learned: Don't be greedy.

Chewed to death by a pack of zombies, that seems like fair punishment for a man that uses terms like "pimp".

• Like 1

Chewed to death by a pack of zombies, that seems like fair punishment for a man that uses terms like "pimp".

I know, that was a little out of place. Standard usage would be in a literal sense in reference to your father.