DamianOgre

Hacker took control of me!?!?

I have been loving this game, except for the hackers. I have however, been getting very good at gearing up and finding my way outa town. My most recent time in game I was roaming around Chernogorsk, my favorite stomping grounds. The server had over 30 people on it and I knew that this sort of population brings out the hackers. Usually I just get sniped, even when I'm in the middle of the woods. Lately I get teleported to the middle of no where, with the rest of the server, and everyone starts shooting.

I get a "Ready Check" come up on my screen, thats the only way I can think to describe it. I click on my name and suddenly I'm teleported several klicks away. It takes me a few moments to realize that I no longer have control of my character. The hacker starts running me around. Shooting off all of my ammo and pissing me off. The only thing I can think of to do is log off quickly.

I come back the next morning. For some reason all my morphine is gone and he has replaced them with blood bags. I am also wearing rags around my head now. I forget what that means.

Is this happening to anyone else? I thought I was getting used to the moron hackers, but if they can take conrol of me... its a new low.

The rags mean bandit I think, or custom skin. So either he went Player killing, or he left you with a parting gift.

• Like 2

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, except there was no prompt...I logged into a server with a pop of about 25 people, and I was killed instantly, before I was even in the game. I look around, and I'm in the middle of nowhere...the wilderness...no trees, no grass, just open untouched area...and there's a pile of 30 bodies. presumably the people that logged in before me. The hacker had taken all my stuff, (M4a3cco, and DMR) so I sprinted over to the bodies and started looting, I grabbed an as50 off some poor sap, and proceeded to completely restock. After I was finished I watched my character stand up of his own accord, close my gear menu, turn around, and start running towards a flaming orange motorcycle that just spawned...I aborted and kept the gear...but I was a bit freaked out...that he could take control of my character.

• Like 1

i got possesed by a hacker once :/ i was running to the military camp in bolotta with some friends and i started running away from my friends and then turned and shot them i quickly alt f4d and saved 2 of my friends out of the 4

• Like 1

I was looting the orlovets factory with my comrades one day and 3 of us in ghillies were bunched up and out of nowhere we all started dancing our asses off. it was hilariuos, and i took video, but it was also kind of disturbing to watch it later and see an invisible player name pop up in the middle of us named "Justin".

• Like 3

If someone says this can't happen, to bad it did. I had the same thoughts though. My character has benefited from killing many hackers, nightvision googles and guns I'd never find on my own. But the hacker that took control of me did nothing but damage.

I hope the stand alone game can stop this sort of thing.

I've logged this happening on our server multiple times, there have been hacks out there that cause this for a while now, I'll put a few instances of what the log reports look like as an example below.

08.09.2012 10:52:16: iFax 44d9597cc1631315ec6afca03436bc40 - #0 "anarray = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan","ActsPer cMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan","ActsPercMstpS nonWnonDnon_DancingStefan","ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDn on_DancingZOZO"];player playmove (anarray select (floor(random(count anarray))));"

08.09.2012 10:52:19: iFax 44d9597cc1631315ec6afca03436bc40 - #0 "anarray = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan","ActsPer cMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan","ActsPercMstpS nonWnonDnon_DancingStefan","ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDn on_DancingZOZO"];player playmove (anarray select (floor(random(count anarray))));"

08.09.2012 10:52:21: iFax 44d9597cc1631315ec6afca03436bc40 - #0 "anarray = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan","ActsPer cMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan","ActsPercMstpS nonWnonDnon_DancingStefan","ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDn on_DancingZOZO"];player playmove (anarray select (floor(random(count anarray))));"

08.09.2012 10:52:24: iFax 44d9597cc1631315ec6afca03436bc40 - #0 "anarray = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan","ActsPer cMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan","ActsPercMstpS nonWnonDnon_DancingStefan","ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDn on_DancingZOZO"];player playmove (anarray select (floor(random(count anarray))));"

08.09.2012 10:52:26: iFax 44d9597cc1631315ec6afca03436bc40 - #0 "anarray = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan","ActsPer cMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan","ActsPercMstpS nonWnonDnon_DancingStefan","ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDn on_DancingZOZO"];player playmove (anarray select (floor(random(count anarray))));"

08.09.2012 10:52:42: iFax 44d9597cc1631315ec6afca03436bc40 - #0 "anarray = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan","ActsPer cMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan","ActsPercMstpS nonWnonDnon_DancingStefan","ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDn on_DancingZOZO"];player playmove (anarray select (floor(random(count anarray))));"

As that says above obviously it causes the player to dance, the player in question was banned, & targeted only server admins.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

22.08.2012 14:19:35: [bGS] SpartaN c5634aad766e4ddef92b592a851d10a1 - #0 "if (isnil ("bInvisibleOn")) then {objMYPlayer hideObject true;};"

22.08.2012 14:20:47: [bGS] SpartaN c5634aad766e4ddef92b592a851d10a1 - #0 "player playMove "ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan";"

22.08.2012 14:32:31: [bGS] SpartaN c5634aad766e4ddef92b592a851d10a1 - #0 "if (isnil ("bInvisibleOn")) then {objMYPlayer hideObject true;};"

Some guy with invisibility that again targeted only admins for dancing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

01.09.2012 15:54:35: John a04927145be2a5aff3c6d11f2952a88b - #0 "titleText ["Stop hammer time!", "PLAIN"];"

01.09.2012 15:54:35: John a04927145be2a5aff3c6d11f2952a88b - #0 "

player playMove 'ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan';

"

And lastly, this guy who spammed "Stop hammer time!" across the middle of everyone's screen, before targeting an admin to make him dance.

The only way we fixed that was leaving the server, & reconnecting but by the time we had reconnected of course each player had been banned with evidence, & the damage was no longer evident.

However when they where doing this to us, we had no control over our characters, & zombies ignored us completely or did not touch us. It is a hack in the game, It's very easy to detect as well as fix. To fix, Simply swap servers, or disconnect, & reconnect, to detect simply check remotexec.log files for the server logs. - I hope this helps some people in the future, & good luck combating this!

Here is more video of what happened to us on one occasion -

Edited by Kyreaper
  • Like 1

Just happened to me, I had to alt f4 to save my friend.

My character started bouncing back and forth and turning weird, I thought it was lag.

Then it started cycling through my equiptment.

It zoomed in on my friend in the distance so I started trying to turn, apparently that does nothing.

On my end I had turned around, but my mate said my character was still looking at him.

He started firing (m107) and I just alt f4'd.

Friend said my character was still in the server and no disconnect message showed up.

Wonder if the guy still has control...

You can be controlled by hackers now... great -.- *waits for warz*

Edited by Anethma

This has to be one of the coolest scripts so far, well, except for parachuting cows.

Thought I would do a little digging into this, didn't take me long to find this site promoting that specific hack. What jerks. [Link Removed, Do NOT link to cheat websites - smashT]

Edited by smasht_AU

This has to be one of the coolest scripts so far, well, except for parachuting cows.

I did have a hacker teleport me to Devil's Castle while I was cruising in my PBX. That was funny

On Saturday, it looked as if someone took control over my character, as I watched "myself" suddenly crawing forwards and then opening fire on a teammate a little to the right 3m away. My fingers was not even near the left mouse button. I am confident that some other player had taken control over my character for 10 sec or so.

I flipped my atv like a retard lol. came back to it in my bus to flip it back over and drive it away and it was already flipped idk if this happens from a restart but server did restart during that sometime. but i started driving my atv away and i suddenly stopped, got off it and ran over to a hill, stood there for a sec then got back on my atv. i had no control over ANYTHING at this time so i just said god dammit and logged off... i just hope that he didnt screw up my stuff or ill flip a table or two ._.

I have never been take control of by a hacker, but they have made me dance more than once. The first time i saw on my screen " Oppa Gangnam Style", and then the second time " Dance Nigga Dance."

Taking over peoples' characters, ruining all their hard work, then killing their team mates and ruining theirs too is cool? Way to be an asshole, I hope your computer fries if you're a hacker. Go cry to your mommy about how you got bullied online or something, just please leave and never come back. I can't stand hackers, especially those whose only goal is to ruin the game. I hope you die out as a species.