Sign in to follow this  
vegat147@gmail.com

I Just Bought The Game !

i'm just excited to be here..

0-=D

I got the non steam arma 2 CO from BI website.. just wondering how long is this down load?

says im at 32% at set up2

do i still need to download the Operation Arrowhead?

anyway .. cant wait to get in game and shoot some ZOMbies ! !!

• Like 1

Yeah, you'll need Operation Arrowhead and Dayz Commander (www.dayzcommandet.com).

Good luck! Played my first round last night, pretty intense!

Edit: just re-read your post, of you got combined operations, you're all good. Just get dayz commander.

Edited by A_Typical_Noob

I went through this routine of downloading from Steam the other day, It took my friend 7 hours to download A2CO and then he had to update DC, hes all the more better for it now though.

It can take a while, so be prepared to wait.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Hey Solen if you're looking for a good server to start on try PDR's Private Server just to get your feet wet and get some basic experience in before venturing off into other servers.

If I were you, I'd completely skip playing on the public hive servers.

They are no fun whatsoever due to the hacks people use to track players and objetcs, teleport around the map, and spawn weapons/vehicles.

You will end up spending most of your time trying to avoid hackers.

As suggested above, sign up for one of the private hive servers.

You'll enjoy the game much more from the start, and won't waste dozens of hours of your time and effort.

Edited by Anti

You'll enjoy the game much more from the start, and won't waste dozens of hours of your time and effort.

If we are going to make polite suggestions to the newbies here's one: try to be friendly. This isn't CoD and your KDR doesn't matter; this isn't a giant deathmatch.

Welcome and congrats! Just to say, you do not need dayzcommander to play the game. That is one of the launcher programs people use. You can use the game itself to find servers. However, I have dayzcommander and sixlauncher and dayzcommander is useful because it helps you to update your software quickly and easily. :thumbsup:

My biggest suggestion to everyone who gets the game, get into ARMA II and do the Basic Training Courses!!!! It may save your life to know some basic controls without having to look in the options menu. Also it helps you practice differant aspects of the game thru the different tutorials. Have fun and play friendly.

• Like 1

This isn't CoD and your KDR doesn't matter; this isn't a giant deathmatch.

Yeah, it is, pretty much. Plenty of players playing that way and not much 'endgame'. If you dedicate yourself to being friendly from the start you're going to be at a massive disadvantage when you meet people who just want to ruin your day. Pvp makes you a lot better at pvp, and that part of the game is inevitable.

It's ok to be a dick.

I don't agree with the above opinion. I don't pvp. I've never even pointed my gun at another player. I still shoot the hell out of zombies. It's up to you how you play. It's true PvP makes you a better at PvP. But it's in no way necessary, let alone inevitable. And good luck with making friends if you keep shooting people dead. :emptycan:

I agree with Leadon - get into arma and work those tutorials. Bloody hard some of them - I'm still working through them after 2 months. Worth it though. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

hey guys i need help im getting an error message when im trying to install arma 2 OA that reads

FILE READ ERROR:

ARMA2 PATCH_1_09.EXE.XZ

whats does this mean ? ?

ok thank god its working now lol

Edited by Solen_Vega

If I were you, I'd completely skip playing on the public hive servers.

They are no fun whatsoever due to the hacks people use to track players and objetcs, teleport around the map, and spawn weapons/vehicles.

You will end up spending most of your time trying to avoid hackers.

I've never had any problems with hackers on Public Hive servers, so I don't know what you're talking about.

It's a long haul but worth the wait, have fun!

You are a Moderator of the DayZ Forum, Please act like one and use correct statements.

It's "worth the weight"

DvsgQ.png

• Like 1

Fraggle, this guy is clearly some kind of troublemaker. He looks suspicious to me. Maybe you should ban him. Or beat him up. Or beat him up and then ban him. I'll hold him down, if you like. :huh: