Sign in to follow this  
manseedcannon

wtf how do i get my mic to work

i searched for this 5 diff ways and either no one ever has mic issues or i suck at searching. i can record sounds in windows with the mic, it works, so what do i do to use it in dayz? i hit caps to try and talk to people and they cant hear me. ive been trying on direct chat channel. do i use group or what? im asking here because id like it to work before i run into someone thats going to kill me again.

Just because you yell "FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY!", doesn't mean that you're not going to get shot.

If you're talking on Direct Communications and you know your mic works, people are ignoring you and shooting you anyway.

What for? That's not important.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

First thing I'd suggest is to test with a friend whether or not he can hear you. It could be that the people you tried talking to in direct chat didn't have a mic themselves and could not reply. It may or may not be working. Testing with a friend is the best way to know for sure.

Is your mic set as the default device in windows?

• Like 1

ill check all these. i know the other ppl couldnt hear me i asked in direct chat. they killed me first, then i spawned right next to them and they didnt kill me that time, and i asked if they could hear me and they said no. ill start checking all of these settings. thanks dudes.

my mic was already the windows default input device, and when i test in there it shows that its picking up sounds. the players i ran into had mics and were talking to me trying to see if i was friendly, i was saying i was, and they still shot me. i ran into them again right after spawning and started using the text chat to talk with them and through that they said they cannot hear me on the mic. ive checked all of the audo settings and mute buttons that i can find.

windows 7 pro + earforce z6a by turtle beach.

I'm having the same problem, my microphone works fine for teamspeak etc, but doesn't work in game, pisses me off