TheFacter

How to play the tutorial?

I'm a beginner, and after about 10 minutes of browsing this forum, about 99% of the threads have replies saying "play the tutorial".

What is this referring to?

Does it just mean to watch the tutorial video, or is there a "tutorial world" like in Minecraft for the Xbox?

... theres a tutorial?.. you want to know how i learned to play dayz? ran in random directions seeing what i come across. reading the controls in the options (though alot can be ignored) then eveuntally after getting the basics down i joined a clan. then got even better now im a strong survivior running around and i have a poster size map of the dayz world on the wall above my desk :3

just try to have fun and dont rage if you get killed... you will die... ALOT . and if you need a friend theres plenty around here but dont be too trusting in game. you never know who might shoot you in the back... or the face. give or take the situation

also welcome to the fourms and dayz

Arma 2. It has a tutorial. It also has many things in common with DayZ so you can learn a thing or two from it.

Edit: But I warn you, it's a bit lame. You'll see..... (still worth a look though)

Edited by SystemiK

Arma 2. It has a tutorial. It also has many things in common with DayZ so you can learn a thing or two from it.

Edit: But I warn you, it's a bit lame. You'll see..... (still worth a look though)

oh yeah... that... it was lame.. XD

EDIT: though your right it does teach you the basics of the engine gameplay. (also loading up armory with a few basic dayz weapons isnt a bad idea either)

Edited by PyroXfire

For the basic controls, use the Operation Arrowhead tutorials, they are -far- more forgiving and helpful than the classic Arma 2 one.

though your right it does teach you the basics of the engine gameplay. (also loading up armory with a few basic dayz weapons isnt a bad idea either)

Not to mention that if you load the armory you can take a spin around the island in the helicopters or jets and get the feel of it from above.

I suggest you watch clips from YouTube.

I like SideStrafe's videos. I think I'm on episode 12 or so. Pretty enjoyable to watch. Not to mention his videos are what convinced me to start playing this in the first place.

..They made a tutorial for Minecraft on the Xbox..?

Lol, what does that tell us about console gamers?

But yeah, move the @dayz folder from your addons folder, and go play ARMA 2 and go through the tutorial.

But yeah, move the @dayz folder from your addons folder, and go play ARMA 2 and go through the tutorial.

Tells us that they didn't know how to play Minecraft on the xbox.

What were you implying?

-MONSTER

• Like 1

as far as YouTube vids go. Watch the Mythbusters DayZ series. They give you some very helpful hints and tips.

I like SideStrafe's videos. I think I'm on episode 12 or so. Pretty enjoyable to watch. Not to mention his videos are what convinced me to start playing this in the first place.

Same here, I read a bit on a forum about the game back in April but it wasnt until I saw the first sidestrafe clip on youtube a week or two later that I finally took the plunge. Sounds like I'm about 10 episodes behind, I need to check out the rest sometime.

Also agree with the poster above about the Mythbusters clips. Very good stuff there....

I'd been playing Minecraft on PC for a year before I got the Xbox version, and the tutorial still helped me.