Sign in to follow this  
lucid_wolf@hotmail.com

Spoiled Meat???

I see a lot of posts on how to improve the realism aspect of the game ( which I love). Not sure if

anyone else has posted on this or not so here's my idea. So as it is now you gut an animal and get the

meat from its corpse. How about if the meat starts to spoil over a certain period of time. The meat

could have different stages/colors as it gets older and older. Also as the meat gets older it gives you

less and less blood until the final stage of "rotten meat" could even give you a virus if eaten. Not sure

how well this would work but it's just a thought.

Edited by BudBaker
  • Like 5

It is a nice idea, maybe allow some time before it starts to go bad and then if you cook it before then you can eat it and not get ill. Or the longer you leave it the more it affects you, slower running. feeling sick etc temperature rising

I like the idea of different stages of decomposition, (Need to get someone working on KInect for smells)

Would be cool to have to occasionally eat some green hairy pork so you don't starve, but throw it up half an hour later!

Then we need salt bags inserted in the game as a loot. And when we eat salted meat the dehydration icon should go blinking red instantly. Meat drying is the other option.

But seriously full whiskey bottles and after effects of them should have more priority. We need "mood"-meter which can only be filled by drinking or staying with other players.

Edited by Lord Crumb
  • Like 1

I like this idea.

When reading this I was thinking even one step further with maybe having to boil water that you fill from lakes/ponds over a fire to kill any bacteria in it (since this is an infectious zombie apocalypse and all).

You could drink the water without boiling it, but maybe it gave you a 1-2% chance to catch a virus..

idk, too far? :P

• Like 2

I like this idea.

When reading this I was thinking even one step further with maybe having to boil water that you fill from lakes/ponds over a fire to kill any bacteria in it (since this is an infectious zombie apocalypse and all).

You could drink the water without boiling it, but maybe it gave you a 1-2% chance to catch a virus..

idk, too far? :P

I like the ideas it could add more depth/difficulty to the game which it needs :)

Rocket is saying that they are trying to make diseases a big part of the survival aspect of Dayz.

Great idea about thirst icon going straight to red upon eating salted meat!!

Silly idea.<I stick by this>

We have been curing meat for thousands of years to help it last through winters and times of hardship.

Let us assume that the 'cooking meat' process is actually curing it and move on.<this is true>

What is next?if you sleep outside, you wake up cold. So we need sleeping bags and personnel tents or to sleep in doors.

Drinking all that water and eating all the beans means you have to evacuate your bowel.

Wet clothes slow you down. Dirty clothes make you smell. Therefore we should use laundry.<these previous three lines were me being extremely sarcastic>

Guys, there is realism and then there is an infection that wipes out the entire population, turning them into flesh craving maniacs.

Tsk!

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1

I was hoping they'd add more wildlife to the game. If so, maybe bears, wolves, and players dogs would be attracted to the cooked meat in a players pack. This would force us to choose canned goods with low hp restoration or cooked meat and a chance of getting attacked by something hungry.

Silly idea.

We have been curing meat for thousands of years to help it last through winters and times of hardship.

Let us assume that the 'cooking meat' process is actually curing it and move on.

What is next?if you sleep outside, you wake up cold. So we need sleeping bags and personnel tents or to sleep in doors.

Drinking all that water and eating all the beans means you have to evacuate your bowel.

Wet clothes slow you down. Dirty clothes make you smell. Therefore we should use laundry.

Guys, there is realism and then there is an infection that wipes out the entire population, turning them into flesh craving maniacs.

Tsk!

I actually don't see anything wrong with this idea as far as survival goes. The Cherno/Elektro pvp guys might not like it but it makes sense. Maybe by logging out near a tent, in a building, or at least under a tree would be better than just logging out anywhere with no ill effects. This would actually make camps more useful than just storing gear and could make survival players more territorial than they are now.

@slartibartfast

Yeah silly idea, right? DayZ REALLY needs to lose the zombies/survival/authenticity. Should just pick a team and shoot the other team. Even unlock killstreak bonuses, and start with all the weapons you'll ever need, throw in an ammo pool instead of weapon magazines, make it so if you don't die from bullets straight away you'll be fine in 10 seconds and release the same game every single year with a different name and pretend it's new!

Oh wait....

• Like 1

Ways to prepare and preserve meat:

• salting
  • drying
  • smoking
  • curing
  • boiling
  • frying

Also I think fish is missing from the diet. In fact, without lots of farm land, and with a long coast, or with rivers and lakes, fish would be the predominant food. All you need is a rod with a hooked line, a net or even a pronged pike.

Then there are the methods of curing and ripening meat, especially dried meat is often softened in different ways before eating.

Edited by kebman
  • Like 1

Ways to prepare and preserve meat:

• salting
  • drying
  • smoking
  • boiling
  • frying

Also I think fish is missing from the diet. In fact, without lots of farm land, and with a long coast, or with rivers and lakes, fish would be the predominant food. All you need is a rod with a hooked line, a net or even a pronged pike.

whats wrong with a grenade?? instant fishing! Also this game needs Deer, mmmmmm Venison :)

While I recognise that meat would be fine for ages after it's ripped from a carcass in the real world. For all us amateur butchers, a bit of rot would add to the roleplayness of the survival situation.

It's not like the it's completely realistic at the moment anyway (If I had eaten 15 tins of beans in one day I would drop a MEAN log)

Mmmm, Imma have me a slab of salted red meat and down it with some purified murky pool water.

Breakfast of survivor champions.

haha

If this is going into effect I need them to add an ice chest to the game. Also maybe cheap beer to get your character hosed at campfires

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

If this is going into effect I need them to add an ice chest to the game. Also maybe cheap beer to get your character hosed at campfires

or see all those empty bottles of JD, maybe every so often find a full one... would make my day!

Spoiled meat should also attract predators such as bears and wolves.