Sign in to follow this  
Wellseh

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

So here's my hacker story.

I'm playing on a German server (DE 1447) with about 15 players on it last night, I'm in a pretty secluded area in the North-East of the map as I'm just regaining my bearings after being lost for a bit, I'm very low on blood (thanks to a prior server-wide teleporting hacker attack a few hours earlier) and trying to find my tent full of meat.

I notice that players are being killed at a greater frequency than normal. I stay on my guard but I don't think much of it. Suddenly, a player appears about 30m away from me, from out of nowhere, and I hear what sounds like a rapid-firing grenade launcher, followed by a series of explosions around me. At the first sign of trouble, I immediately hit alt-f4 but apparently not quickly enough to avoid sudden death.

Fine. I've been killed by hackers before. I was pissed off, but this is Dayz and hacker attacks are part of every day life. The advantage to being killed by hackers rather than bandits is that usually they don't bother to loot your corpse, just teleport to the next griefing victim. So 10 min later I relogged and made a beeline to where I died, picking up some essentials along the way. While I was walking, I noticed a number of places where I could hear flies, but no corpses were around. Fine, I though, until the same thing happened where I died. Flies, but no corpse, it had just disappeared. I went to where my tent was. Turns out the tent had disappeared too. Disheartened, I logged off and waited until today, hoping all would be rectified by a server restart.

Now, my tent had reappeared, but empty, suggesting it was destroyed. I haven't ruled out the possibility that someone stumbled across it and destroyed it for a laugh, but given the situation it seems much, much more likely that the same griefing hacker who killed everyone on the server decided to also destroy all corpses and tents (and presumably vehicles) after their work was done.

The thing I want to know is, why do some people go to all this effort just to grief? Are some of these script kiddies like the Joker from The Dark Knight, men who only want to watch the world burn?

quote doesn't apply. stop using it :/

they grief to get people like to write crying threads like this.

• Like 1

No the script bitches are just people with no skills and live a horrible existance. This is why they do what they do. If you had a lil weener and no swag in your satchel you'd be angry with the world too!

Also new and exciting!

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 2

Heh, I was killed 5 times in like 2 hours yesterday thanks to hackers and snipers.

Edited by nathiesk

Guy probably hid your body and blew up your tent. They just do it for the giggles because someone took their teddy when they were little.

No offence Wellseh but we really don't need a new thread for every single hacker encounter. There are plenty of open threads already discussing this issue. More so than any other topic in fact.

*Thread locked.

Edited by Fraggle