davethejackal

An antibiotic will not work on a virus ...

Nit-picky I know but either change Antibiotics to be called Antivirals or be aware that viruses are not affected by Antibiotics (bacteria are) so don't describe the infection as a virus, as it is in the Dayz wiki.

Also: be aware that mad cow disease is not carried by either but is a form of priondisease like CJD (an error they made in Zombieland).

You want realism, right? :D

Edited by davethejackal
  • Like 1

The infection/virus concept in game is being redeveloped for standalone with the help of Rocket's brother (a virologist), along with a revised medical system.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 5

Sorry to burst your bubble but Rocket's brother is a virologist. By all reports he's helping with the infection mechanics for the standalone. I'm pretty sure they already know all this.

Edit: Doh! I'm so slow.

Edited by ZTrainz

Aren't anitbiotics used to treat the coughing disease in the game that you can catch during low body temperature, not for fighting off a zombie-virus infection?

You are correct ActionMan, the Antibiotics are meant to heal any of the infections you catch in Chernarus, as far as I know you cannot become "infected"

They could introduce a general disease immunity parameter for players and maybe even some pills like vitamins or something... if your immunity goes down you're more prone to any disease.

So that would add another concern in terms of survival.

They could introduce a general disease immunity parameter for players and maybe even some pills like vitamins or something... if your immunity goes down you're more prone to any disease.

So that would add another concern in terms of survival.

Sounds good. But a balanced diet is more effective than a regimen of supplements, so tying it to hunger would probably be more efficient. Hungrier you get, the sicker you get.

• Like 1