I have been banned by battleye, I love the game and would like to play again so I have decided that I will buy arma again. Do I need to buy arma 2: co again or just arma 2: oa?

Plenty of people get banned for no reason... Battle Eye isn't the best of systems and they have falsely banned many.

Ok thx :) the prob is that I bought this via steam, to buy it again i will need to ask steam support to delete arma 2 oa from my acc so i can buy it again. but if i buy it via steam again, will the cd-key be the same from before or will i get a new key?

and yes i admit, i was looking for a hack and batteye has done the correct thing by banning me. i have learnt my lesson and will never ever do this again. I promise.

You downloaded something that is a CD-Key Stealer (e.g. a fake hack) which has stolen YOUR legit key and has replaced it with a banned one. So your "real" CD-Key is pro***bly not banned (yet), but it will most likely be sold to some cheater.

Read the news post @ www.battleye.com for more info...

Edited by Nik21

Ok, how do I check if that thing is still on my computer? I have deleted the folder that the .exe file came in, but is it possible that the application is still running?

I don't know. The best thing would be to format your HDD and set up your system completely new. At least that's what I do if I catch a virus or something.

To be honest, you've been lucky to get the advice you have so far.

Please don't hate :(

You are a cheater, what's not to hate?

As for not wiping your HDD, it is the wise thing to do. But judging past actions you probably aren't that wise. If you do play DayZ again please show some honor and play by the rules.

Believe me I am not trolling you nearly as much as I want to! Just don't be a bitch if you suck at the game just play to have fun in other ways, don't be a cheating scrub.

• Like 1

"this can be fixed (temporarily) by deleting the cd-key from the registry and reinstalling your game."

Also make sure that the shit you downloaded is completely off your computer. I can't guarantee that it works.

The thing i have downloaded is gone, I have run a full system scan from anti-virus and no viruses are found, but im still not sure, i have checked task manager and procceses, and everything running in there is from the stuff im running and the stuff in background, none of the shit I had downloaded. So I think im safe, but the problem now is that i have to wait for steam to reply to my support ticket and the wait times are very high.

"this can be fixed (temporarily) by deleting the cd-key from the registry and reinstalling your game."

Also make sure that the shit you downloaded is completely off your computer. I can't guarantee that it works.

By deleting the key in registry. There is a arma 2 oa thing in registry. do i delete that whole thing or just the key thing?

Plenty of people get banned for no reason... Battle Eye isn't the best of systems and they have falsely banned many.

Sure, and pigs just flew past my window... For an innocent person, he sure is calm about his ban.

Cheating costs you 30 more dollars, start paying the fine or stop playing.

I am willing to pay the fine. And I know I have done something wrong. But why 30 dollars? isnt it 20? I just need to buy arma 2 OA, right?

I am willing to pay the fine. And I know I have done something wrong. But why 30 dollars? isnt it 20? I just need to buy arma 2 OA, right?

Wish I knew, sorry about the raging community. can't exactly blame them for the way the respond though.

And go easy on this guy...

I mean look at how cute his display pic is....

You only need OA if your staying with (and waiting for) steam, if you buy outside steam then you would need the entire lot again (or at least ARMA OA and ARMA II FREE).

Don't cheat this time it has cost you $$$

Also really pay attention to the guys that said format if you did get a keystealer there could be shite left over hidden on your PC...... shite that may be able to do more than just take CD keys

Edited by wr6133

Ok, how do I check if that thing is still on my computer? I have deleted the folder that the .exe file came in, but is it possible that the application is still running?

Yes. A virus scanner will probably not detect it since it's not trying to change anything on your computer it only wants to read your CD-key from the registry and then send that data out over the internet. If the software didn't include some kind redundancy feature that kept it on there and running so that it could harvest the next key that you buy also I would be highly surprised. I'd also be surprised of the software was only harvesting ArmA 2 keys, it's probably got a whole bunch of your other game keys too.

Don't trust random bits of software on the internet.

But if I format, all data will be gone. How will I get it back? Will I have to install everything again?

I mean look at how cute his display pic is....

<3

I am guessing the avatars are controlled by gravatar because this is the photo set on my gravatar account.