Lefroy Jenkins

Who wants to set up the Chernarus Marathon?

Chernarus Marathon  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in running from Kamenka to Berezino?

I had an idea tonight that would take a lot of cooperation between a lot of players, but would be pay off in spades if it works. I was supposed to run in this weekend's "Run for Your Lives" 5K Obstacle course, but I hurt ,my back again and had to pull out(hur hur hur - sorry). That sucks, but it got me to thinking - A full marathon is roughly 26Km, which would be about the length of the main highway from Kamenka to Berezino.

What if we signed up say, 25 Runners to run the highway, plus however many zeds would join up as well? It would make for a great race, and a great way for players to interact without having to worry about someone panicking and ganking them in the face.

Why only 25, you ask? Well, let's leave some room for the bandits. Let's sign up 15 bandits to lay up on the hills overlooking the highway along the route to ... well, do what it is that they do. They ARE bandits, right?

And finally, we need 10 "cameramen" - perhaps stationary along the route, perhaps even including some hackers using the invisibility thingy to capture the action in the crowd.

I can't make this happen myself. If there's no interest, there's no interest, and that's that. If the interest is there, I need servers, players, co-ordinators, etc.. I know there are a lot of details I haven't addressed here - we can sort those out as a group.

• Like 6

Should be a triathlon with drink stands setup throughout the map.

• Like 3

Should be a triathlon with drink stands setup throughout the map.

If you can provide Mountan Dew for all the Runners ^-^

• Like 2

The Chernarus Mountain Dew Challenge?

Sure what is a Marathon without an Sponsor?

• Like 1

I think it is great idia! But we need organizing Committee for such action.

I would give the Prices for Surving Sprinters, i could give different High End Wepons , Clothing and such.

But i think we dont need 15 Bandits to kill the Spritner sitting there with AS50 TWS

Edited by Paddy0610

Lol all the Heroes arrive first then the bandits and the survivors body's are strewn across the beaches or ! Or everyone arrives at the same time !

No Problem we can ask the New Police Group that was coming up for security, maybe some wasteland Medics can help if we get attacked.

50 Old Bikes.... One Server.... Tour du Zombie....

If we get someon that is "lucky enough" (if you know what i mean) to find 50 Bikes on a server... and place them where we need them...

Edited by Paddy0610

I'll fly some camera men around. Should attract lots of z when flying alongside the competitors should keep things interesting.

We promise not to use the door gun...

• Like 3

May be made Marathon Topic on Russian part of forum?

About rules, bandits, cheaters and etc.:

I think best way is to ask some server admin to make key on server. Only for Marathon. All marathoners get key from Organizing Committee (OC). And of course BIS must being informed about it - i mean - there is the rule about keys on server. But i think on 1 or 2 hour and for the sport event BIS can make exception. Anyway it better to ask first.

Next - there is always way to take a short cut. And more logical and easy to make cross-country race: there is A point, there is B point and there is timer. But! Jogging by 30 men thru Chernogorsk with zombies - it is super fun!!!!!! So i think we need chekpoints system and mobile judges. Hm... we need field test.

• Like 1

I would give the Prices for Surving Sprinters, i could give different High End Wepons , Clothing and such.

But i think we dont need 15 Bandits to kill the Spritner sitting there with AS50 TWS

I would hope in the case of this type of event, even the bandits would be more sporting about it. Although, i could see that happening just before the finish line. Even, so, that would be hilarious.

May be made Marathon Topic on Russian part of forum?

About rules, bandits, cheaters and etc.:

I think best way is to ask some server admin to make key on server. Only for Marathon. All marathoners get key from Organizing Committee (OC). And of course BIS must being informed about it - i mean - there is the rule about keys on server. But i think on 1 or 2 hour and for the sport event BIS can make exception. Anyway it better to ask first.

Next - there is always way to take a short cut. And more logical and easy to make cross-country race: there is A point, there is B point and there is timer. But! Jogging by 30 men thru Chernogorsk with zombies - it is super fun!!!!!! So i think we need chekpoints system and mobile judges. Hm... we need field test.

Best option would be someon Providing an Private Hive , i´ll set Up a need lis:

We need.:

Organisation:

Comitee/Organitation: 5 People

Sprinter: -Depends on Server-

Security: -Depends on Server-

Tester:

Medics

Scenes/Movie Maker: -Depends on Server-

Zombies: A fucking lot of them

Server:

Normal (With good Security People) or Private Hive (Lockable) - Good If weg the Chopper there to FIlm it - or a Team does it

We got so far:

Sponsors:

Cola,Pepsi,Mountain Dew (A free one for every one at start :D)

I´ll Provide Prices in a Tent at the Goal - Or maybe save on an Regular Server (if we do private hive)

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 2

This sounds like an awesome dayz idea.

I want in. Currently i am running away more than a french man so i should do good.

• Like 1

This sounds like an awesome dayz idea.

I want in. Currently i am running away more than a french man so i should do good.

Beans for the oh so inappropriate lol.

Russian Topic about Chernarus Marathon - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93541-%D0%BA%D1%82%D0%BE-%D1%85%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%82-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%83%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%8C-%D0%B2-%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%84%D0%BE/

I'm added vote and duplicate choice question - so you can understand what is 'yes' and what is 'no' and how many people want to take part in it.

sorry for my broken english)))

How many slots support TeamSpeak? Whatever. We need some way to chat people

No, No, No - hey guys let's make pure sport event - no guns!

Only runners and judges. Server with passcode for the period of the competition. And we must to contact with BIS - we need ability to give global ban to troublemakers on sport event.

No, No, No - hey guys let's make pure sport event - no guns!

Only runners and judges. Server with passcode for the period of the competition. And we must to contact with BIS - we need ability to give global ban to troublemakers on sport event.

Ok, I'm convinced. I withdraw my suggestion for bandit involvement. Let them make their own events. :)