DANNY (ZOMBES THE HERO)

Favorite DayZ map and why?

Chernauras, Lingor, or Takistan? What has the best environment, scenery, atmosphere, overall feel or best play ability? Most importantly which one feels like it suits the zombie theme the best? And why?

What you think?

See above.

Lingor is kind of cool, but nothing beats Chernarus.

• Like 1

Utes. Nighttime. Moonlit. Zombies become even more irrelevant, there's military gear ten feet from every spawn, pure deathmatching hilarity. Here's a story that wouldn't have happened on any proper map:

I had looted a chopper with some other fresh spawns after a server restart, and we did the usual "Pal up until the other guy has a gun, then put some distance between you in case he stops being cool when he stops being harmless." Now alone, I was running down the airstrip, dodging bullets from two AS50 jerks up on a hill (probably the guys I'd raided the chopper with), and I ducked into a hangar. There was a dude kneeling right in the middle, covering the side of the door that I didn't sprint through, so I point my gun at his head and say, "Hey, you in the hangar, are you a douche?" He answers, "No, but if you don't want to get shot, you need to take out your flashlight and walk in slowly, so I know you aren't armed." So then I reply, "Man, I'm standing behind you with a rifle." So we buddy up, and start talking about how to deal with the snipers, when a third guy comes barreling in with two zombies on him. We shoot the zombies, and our new friend is totally unarmed, so I give him a "weapon" I found at the back of the hangar.

BluFor:

Me (FN FAL, NVG)

Pew (AK74 Kobra)

Boom (M67 fragmentation grenade)

OpFor:

Douche1 (AS50)

Douche2 (AS50)

The Plan: Boom goes first, planning to draw their fire and then chuck the 'nade in their general direction, giving us an idea where they are and maybe distracting them a bit. Then Pew and I flank around to the right and shoot all our bullets at them, hoping to get lucky and run them off or kill them.

Boom runs outside and the snipers totally ignore him. He runs back and forth a couple times, doesn't get shot at, then heads up the hill and hucks the frag as far as he can, for shits and giggles. When we hear it go off, we dash out the door and encounter the longest freaking chain-link fence in the universe, totally intact. We proceed to run about 300m to get around the edge of it, then duck behind a shed, collect ourselves, and Pew swings around the right corner while I zip around the left side. We advance toward the next cover, crouch-walking and peppering the hillside with suppressing fire, and are immediately given the Butch&Sundance treatment by the douches, who are on an entirely different hill. Awesome.

All that on about a 15-minute lifetime. You don't even get thirsty on Utes. Too dead to drink.

• Like 1

currently REALLY enjoying Takistan.

Cherna was good initialy but the lack of entrable buildings makes sooo much of the towns seem wasted.

lingor/Taki def. do this better..

havent tried Utes. but i hear its basicly for DM style PVP, which has no interest for me at all.

Lingor, more options when it comes to military loot and the huge amount of entrable buldings.

For me, ideal would be Lingor, with the size of the Chernarus map.

Chernarus feels the most authentic but I have been loving lingor, hard to say really. I want to say lingor but I think it is due to it being new and more casual than chernarus, plus all those miltary spawn sites and most buildings can be entered. I don't like utes, ArmA2 exists for deathmatch so I really don't see the point, but I have dropped in a few times to get some kills then take my death.

Takistan, I think my spawns have sucked and the one time I actually found decent gear I got hacker killed a minute later. Takistan life is fun, having to run through a bland desert is not really fun.

Chernarus is the daddy, however after playing hundreds of hours on it it can get a little stale. I will be looking forward to Chernarus Plus (Bigger, more functional buildings, new areas)

I play Lingor and Takistan in equal measure, I like how Lingor has a jungle feel to it, the way you play this changes the dynamics of the Mod for me. Takistan is a snipers heaven, and due to the open expanse of the gaming area this can also allow you to play a certain way.

Utes is just pointless, If you want a deathmatch map, you could just go and play Arma 2.

For me Variety is what is it all about. But seriously some maps or modifications should not be made for DayZ and further more some of the above mentioned maps already changed by Hoster's are just pointless. You'll see which ones when they state they have X amount of Vehicles in the server. if you wanted to play a vehicle based game then your rendering the need for Zeds pointless, again you may as well play Arma 2. I think people who do this are trying to add an element to the Mod but are straying from the DayZ concept. But that is the hoster's choice I suppose. You pays your moneys.............

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Chernarus is the king BUT its become a bit stale it needs at least 90% enterable buildings currently the lack of buildings makes it feel smaller than it should.

Lingor, I really like this one it feels much bigger than it is and the extra player models are a nice touch

Takistan, I am so dissapointed by this one. As an ARMA player I wanted this map given the DayZ treatment from day 1, now it has been its so half arsed and badly done it is shit. For those that dont play ARMA there are an entire boatload of takistani civilian models yet this map just ported the chernarus zombies.... getting chased round a mosque by a christian priest is just stupid. Add to that the zombies dont interact properly with the buildings (walk under floors) and other little details. I wanted to love this one and if done properly I think I would have however as soon as you load this one up and see the Vilayer name you know its a shit, badly done, cash in.

Im currently really liking Lingor.

I love that there are so many more enterable (sp) buildings and that the servers (in general) seems to more friendly and less hacked than the Chenaurus servers.

Tried Takistan and it may be just due to my spawn point, but it was sooooo boring....just seemed the same everywhere I looked!! And Utes is just shit tbh.

Chernarus is the best in my opinion. I found Lingor kind of boring and it was too easy to find good loot. But I liked the buildings though, they were on point.

I really dig Lingor but I find myself going back to ol' faithful

Any servers have this yet :P

Edited by Hawc

I think Sahrani would make a good map. Spawn on the southern peninsula (South Sahrani) and you have to run the gauntlet of Corazol before exploring the lush lands of Sahrani main :)

I agree with zombie jesus and vodoo the above posted map is a must that shit's the one. If you want to submerge into game make that map i'll be a submarine

Its hard to judge. I find alot less hackers on Lingor. I see Lingor as catering for a broader community that wants to gear up quickly and play PvP. My play style suits Cherno. I like to work hard to gear up and play the game like a survival simulator and rarely get into firefights because I know I have alot to lose. But right now my deaths are too common on Cherno thanks to hackers and bugs so right now I prefer Lingor despite it not catering for me as much as Cherno.