Sign in to follow this  
DANNY (ZOMBES THE HERO)

Favorite survival method and why?

Do you sprint through town, hit every loot spot you can and then get out quickly? How about go prone or slow walk through all the city streets, being careful around every corner? Or do you just stay in the country side, safe in the trees with a bottle of water, a hatchet an some matches? Whats your favorite way to survival method in Dayz, and why its your favorite, and what makes it good to use?

Large scale team survival with camps and vehicles is more my style these days. Theres nothing quite like rolling into a town with a group of us rolling up in cars, buses and trucks with a bird in the air for support. It's the only way these days as its safe, easy and shows both the Zombies and any stray players who's the Buassss!

I do occasionally like to lone wolf it though and go pure survivalist up north with all hunting equipment.

Edited by Box

Basics first, Matches, knive and Hatchet. By any means, through towns, villages anywhere.

Find a military barracks and loot for a decent weapon.

Hide in the forests and destroy camps medic is asked for.

Lingor is same but I'm a killer in the jungle.

takistan is mix of chernarus but with more killing.

Hunt and always be near a water source John Wiseman style.

I have a starter route. First off, find industrial to get a hatchet. Then find civilian to find maps and stuff. This is when I would consider going to town. Then I'll try for some guns and go into the woods, possibly to some of the hot spots further north.

Nowadays I may skip directly to civ stuff, and then guns, since I rarely need the hatchet for zed defence anymore.

Hatchet, knife, matches, tent, gun and other supplies. After that I disappear into the forests

This, going way north of Stary Sobor. But I never use a tent.

This, going way north of Stary Sobor. But I never use a tent.

this never use tent, as long as I have a lice I am ok

I lone wolf it.

I'll loot some towns for the very basics, some food and drink, an ALICE pack, and some sort of weapon. Preferably an Enfield. If I find a map, compass, or water bottle I'm happy.

After that I hunt players for the rest of my gear.

Once I spawn on the coast I begin building sand castles. If I hear zombies or gunfire I just shove my head into the sand until the threat passes, I get shot, or I suffocate.

Grab a pistol, whatever i can grab, Run farr inland... keep running. find animal, *hopes i have hunting gear*

Head from barn to barn, *they be my favourite*, grab what i can, run to NE airfield, get shot at, run for my life, run back there after, get killed

the End

First weeks:

1. Find a hatchet and a soda can

2. Raid Polana supermarket

3. Raid Krasnostav supermarket - everything essential is collected at this point

4. Pitch your tent

5. Find a clan camp from northern/western border

6. Survive

Now:

1. Find a soda can

2. Run to the camp

3. Drink a Mountain Dew

4. Put on ghillie suit, take coyote backpack, L85A2, AS50 and tons of ammo.

5. Survive?

I hid a quite well stocked tent near cherno, so I can run there if i die and get the necessities. It's worked out well like that for about a month since i tend to kill myself approximately between my 5th-8th day, whether it be crawling too close to a tent or accidentally throwing a frag. I have a few good guns in there, and I've noticed people have taken stuff as well as put stuff in too, it's pretty neat to see what people do ;)

Go to elektro or cherno, mostly, meet people, have some adventures, take a ride if a vehicle passes by, and most of all: kill those goddamn fucking sniper bandits

• Like 1

I'm not 'hard core' just a friendly loner.

Initial aim is to find at least a hatchet, hopefully a toolbox and a Winchester, then head to Cherno or Elektro.

Get medical supplies, find matches, hunting knife, go hunting, cook, go back to town and scavenge for whatever I don't have.

Help/heal anyone that needs it and doesn't try to kill me.

Remove any annoying barbwire or tanktraps.

If I witness a murder I (try to) punish the culprit.

Every now and then I'll head inland for a look see and explore part of the map I've not been to yet but that gets yawn after awhile.

Sometimes I survive for days, sometimes minutes..tis just the way it goes

What, there's a zombie apocalypse?

I was just hanging in my Cherno apartment when my TV went off.

I just thought it was those lazy Chernarussian Power suppliers not bothering to turn the power back on....mind you that was 5 months ago.

Guess i'll have to head outside Cherno and have a look...i wondered why Ivan the supermarket store owner had left his store in such a mess.

And those car backfiring noises i hear all the time..they are gunshots?

To be honest i didnt even realise my neighbours had turned into zombies...they were a load of boring old farts anyway, always aimlessly wandering the streets. Now i have an excuse to blow their brains out.

See you in Cherno.

Sprint around like a loony in either Chern or Elektro, try not to die,

dont leave until - Alice, hunting knife, matches, hatchet, map food and drinks are collected,

sprint to the nearest set of trees,

set location marker for Stary, then to NW, try not to die,

sprint around countryside looking for smoke.

-die, rinse and repeat-