andrewmont

FN FAL AN/PVS-4 or M14 Aim

Found the fn at crash site only one mag tho. Ive also got m4a1 cco SD Despite rarity I left the fal as its NV only and has just 1 mag. Did I do right or wrong'd u reckon?

EDIT: Also found an M249 SAW, I left this as well as I wanted a long rage weapon. Could've been fun as I'd have had 400 rounds for it but wasn't sure it'd be most efficient.

Edited by AndrewM

The FAL and M14 do the same damage as far as I'm aware, amd both have the same ammo capacity, but that fal is useless during the day, and a pain at night if you don't have NVG's already.

Yes, the M14 was a better choice.

Found a FAL like that and tried it during the night. I was immediately blinded by darkness after scoping. Useless weapon both at night AND during the day. The regular FAL, however, is a more real contender to the M14 with higher damage, yet worse sights and less ammo.

M14 for medium - close range, FAL with the NVG scope for only night time sniping.. I would have left the FAL. The NVG scope one isn't that useful.

Ditched my DMR for a regular FAL last night but only because the heli crash had 2 of them and a AN/PVS-4 with 3 mags for each so I'm loaded with ammo for it.. it will me more useful to me than the sniper was. I'd have taken the M14 too over the FN AN/PVS-4, but the M249 is my fave weapon in the game so I'd actually have had that!

There needs to be an FN-holo or FN-ACOG. The iron sights vanilla version is good, but proper optics would be killer. OR how about a way to turn off the NVG on the PVS? So useless.

Neither. Get the regular Fal if you can.

I'm not sure why I'd take a regular FAL over an M14 considering they're pretty much the same except the M14 has better sights and range.

Ditched my DMR for a regular FAL last night but only because the heli crash had 2 of them and a AN/PVS-4 with 3 mags for each so I'm loaded with ammo for it.. it will me more useful to me than the sniper was. I'd have taken the M14 too over the FN AN/PVS-4, but the M249 is my fave weapon in the game so I'd actually have had that!

Found a MK 48 Mod 0 once but chose an M4A3 over it. Regretted it as soon as I found out what it was and how rare it was. I reckon the M249 would've been good but I'd want better range on my weapon since I already have a M4 SD.

M14 AIM all the way. DMR rounds everywhere. 8000 dmg per shot to player. Shoot as fast as you can click. That + red dot site + straight shooting to 500 meters seals the deal. That FAL is useless during the day and has limited ammo (only comes from crashed heli).

Everytime I fresh log in I am searching for a M14 AIM......oh and trying to survive.

I'm not for sure about Chernarus, but on Lingor you can detach the NV scope and it is added to the tools. I haven't had a chance to try it on Chernarus, though. All you do is right click and it will say "detach scope". It's probably just a Lingor thing if nobody has said anything about it.....

I love that Aim - 3 Favs are the Aim and M4A3 cco, and M4 Acog - To me they are like mini snipers, very accurate and powerful - I like to use the M4 sd with the Acog as backup

Found a FAL like that and tried it during the night. I was immediately blinded by darkness after scoping. Useless weapon both at night AND during the day. The regular FAL, however, is a more real contender to the M14 with higher damage, yet worse sights and less ammo.

Useless weapon at night? What the fuck are you on about? It has an absolutely amazing scope. It's a sniper like assault rifle if used properly; one of the best night weapons.

EDIT: Sorry for my misinterpretation, but I now know you obviously don't have NVGs.

Edited by Inception.

I've come to love the M14. I think the sights are some of cleanest looking in the game and like others have mentioned, it is good for close quarters and doubles as a decent sniper. Also, like someone already mentioned, DMR mags are everywhere. Personally, I don't like the FAL's iron sights at all and the NV scope FAL makes that gun junk during the day.

M14 overall is the best medium/longish range sniper.

NV fal is like an as50 with a curved barrel.

Also, keep that m4 sd. Maybe switch the m14 for a high grade sniper in the future.

Also, keep that m4 sd. Maybe switch the m14 for a high grade sniper in the future.

That's what I'm hoping to do, never found an M4 SD before but I have like 12 mags for this thing so I don't think ammo will be an issue for a good while. Unfortunately I'm not too lucky at finding sniper rifles, I had DMR on my last character but got killed by a hacker before I ever had a chance to use it.