root

Dayz and high res player skin/models

Hi,

I have been playing Dayz for while now and I was wondering if I would buy "ARMA II: Private Military Company" would I get higher res player models?

I own, bought via STEAM:

ARMA 2

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

and player's textures look blurry.

root

Currently, DayZ uses the Private Military Company (PMC) DLC, which is why the textures look blurry. Unfortunately no ArmA2 models are able to use backpacks (that functionality was only available in ArmA2 OA onwards, and even then not for all models), hence PMC models were used.

• Like 2

To complete the set and have all models in high res you need the PMC and BAF add-ons. That upgrades many textures.

I got bloody ninja'd by Rocket. And he made my answer look stupid :(

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Guys, thx for fast reply.

I have checked PMC and BAF on Steam and together it's 20 euros.

If I only knew when DAYZ standalone will be released B) I would save money for that ....

@rocket maybe you could give me a hint :rolleyes: ?

The alpha is due to be released later this year at a heavily reduced price (think Minecraft).

I bought PMC for the hi-res, only cost me £8 direct from Bohemia and I reckon its well worth it, my game looks way better with the hi-res textures and my Hero shirt actually has a pattern on it ;)

I bought PMC for the hi-res, only cost me £8 direct from Bohemia and I reckon its well worth it, my game looks way better with the hi-res textures and my Hero shirt actually has a pattern on it ;)

So I'm confused ....

Rocket said that Dayz uses models from PMC ... so technically they should be already in high res ....... so if I would get PMC I won't see any change in player models as they are already used in Dayz ... or am I missing something?

It increases it to look like this if you buy both DLC's:

hero_skin.png

Thx for example. I'm going to get then both and I found as well

Yes if you buy the DLC's Private Military Company and British Armed Forces you will get high res textures for the player models in Day Z.

The main one of course is the standard 'survivor' spawn model, which comes from PMC. It was used simply because there is no such civilian model in Arma 2 itself. You're seeing it in game because you everyone that has Operation Arrowhead also have the 'lite' version of both DLC's. The reason is to let everyone play multiplayer together regardless if you owned the DLC's or not. You get the models, but not the hi-res textures.

To be clear they do not affect the terrain, buildings, tree's etc at all. If you own the paid for version of Arma 2 all of this will be hi-res because the Day Z world of 'Chernarus' is from Arma 2 itself. That's why people that use Arma Free in their Day Z required 'Combined Ops' get low-res everything.

Anyway apart from the survivor model texture (male AND female) from PMC there is also the 'Camo' suit and the 'ghille' from BAF.

I myself have never seen a ghille suit but i did have a camo smile.gif

Here are a few pics i took of the camo suit from BAF

http://cloud-2.steam....E426932CB68D5/

http://cloud-2.steam....FC317AC40B0A3/

http://cloud.steampo....F00B49AE5B524/

And here is a shot i took of the standard survivor skin from PMC

http://cloud-2.steam....FDDCF3FEE501D/

As you can see they look great in hi-res. So i would recommend them if you like Day Z and play it alot. Like me hehe. But i will stress that the actual PMC missions are fantastic in their own right. Great value i think.

from http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2754719

The highlighted answered what I have been trying to find out.

THX

Edited by phobus

So I'm confused ....

Rocket said that Dayz uses models from PMC ... so technically they should be already in high res ....... so if I would get PMC I won't see any change in player models as they are already used in Dayz ... or am I missing something?

If you don't have the PMC add-on then you will have a low resolution texture for some things like the image above. Installing the add-on means that any objects used by DayZ (model above, a vehicle or two, some other bit and bobs) will be able to use the higher resolution graphics from said add-on.

Edit - looks like you've just cracked it!

Edited by Fraggle

So I'm confused ....

will buying certain dlcs upgrade the textures if so then please state it and which ones :D thanks

ignore this ppl posted what i wanted to know ... ADMIN can delete this post so ppl dnt get confused : P

Edited by tinit

Could someone explain the difference between the survivor texture with the blue buttonup shirt vs the all black clothes? Is that a random spawn thing where it is assigned to you, or is it dependant on having some of this additional DLC?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer here on the wiki.

Edited by klesh