F-ashbang

How many registered users are stil active?

You forgot Private servers and most of the summer users are now back at school

Even if playing for less time, these people still play ocasionally. The problem is not the people that quit playing during the week due to work/school, is the people that stopped playing all together.

Now, I can appreciate the average player might not really care about that number. But in the industry, that equates to sales. That mean's 1.3 million people have bought ArmA2 at the very least, with a number of them specifically to play DayZ. Less than six months ago the number was 6. This is a statistic that I think the whole mod team here, myself included, is pretty proud of. It's also unprecedented.

Did they really? Or were 1.3 mil accounts bought, by like 600k people?

I know people that have 4 to 6 different accounts, just to have different characters. Something that now they woudln't really do due to the private hives, where they can have different chars on different hives.

I'm not really sure on your stance on Private Hives on the standalone, but if your willing to go for it, the number of sales might not reach 1.3 mil (might even be greater aswell, only time will tell).

What kind of "marketing" are you guys planning to do once the standalone is released? I would imagine steam just for itself is going to be a huge marketing on itself, but are you (you as in DayZ team/BI) planning on something more than just steam?

And no, this thread must never ever die. xD

Actually I've seen quite a few valid points raised here (others not so valid).

Edited by CodeOverflow

i wish i was able to be of any help. But sadly. i only know how to play games. not fixing things in them :unsure:

You don't have to fix things but you can test things. If you see a problem test it and test it. Try different things and see if you can out what's going on or get as much info you can and post it up on the forums :)

i can see u guys just keep sucking rocket off lol.. it dosent matter anymore no one plays this shitty game anymore! its dying and dying constantly no ones gonna be playing it pretty soon. keep being blind. dont bitch when ur here on the forms looking for people to play with and planning events cause no one plays at all LOL until days makes an appearance in arma3 then we will just see if this game is still a hack-a-thon.

Hey let's just pull random thoughts out of my ass and post them on a forum! I see plenty of people still playing this "shitty game". What you're experiencing is a drop in players because a) your skillz suck and b ) you obviously won't survive the zombie apocalypse when it comes and c ) your skillz suck.

dont bitch when ur here on the forms looking for people to play with and planning events cause no one plays at all LOL

Try engaging your brain when u post then perhaps you wouldn't look like a complete dumbass.

Why would we bitch? How many people have ever bitched when a game died. Is BF2 a shitty game because it died out? Raven shield was a complete POS because obviously nobody very few people play it anymore. Of course DayZ will die out at some point.

Did you know that Ubisoft's policy for making games is to make them last 60 days before your done with it? Ever wonder why games used to last so long before and now they don't? CODMW when it came out lasted ages on the PC because of the maps the community made (yeah they stopped that - nice one assholes. Now the community can't make shit for these things THAT YOU USED TO GET FOR FREE) Don't even ask how long Ghost recon or Raven Shield lasted.

Perhaps you should get your adhd sorted out that you think you have and get some knowledge about being a gamer and realise Arma is one of the few games out there that actually has a community and has people making mods for it rather than being a bunch of money grabbing cunts and stopping all mods so they can charge for "DLC" - oh u mean that shit that people used to do for free that was often a fuck load better than the shit they shovel out?

Gaming today has been fucked by assholes like Ubi and Activision - be fortunate you were even able to play a game like DayZ and it's about time more companies followed BIS's route and support the community that supports them.

Edited by Jex =TE=

I had a good solo play through for 2 months, burnt out. Came back after a break for a month and started playing with mates only to have the hacking/scripting begin to reach a climax. We put up with it for a few weeks, had a break until BE sneakily claimed they resolved it. But it didn't take long for them to return, and on a nightly basis we had to start over and over again.

We had the tent stashes, but even that began to dwindle with each thunderdome or insta-death. Until stand-alone, me and my mates are just playing Borderlands 2 and will probably get WarZ when it goes live before DayZ. Whichever peaks our fancy will retain our interest at that point.

Hey let's just pull random thoughts out of my ass and post them on a forum! I see plenty of people still playing this "shitty game". What you're experiencing is a drop in players because a) your skillz suck and b ) you obviously won't survive the zombie apocalypse when it comes and c ) your skillz suck.

Try engaging your brain when u post then perhaps you wouldn't look like a complete dumbass.

Why would we bitch? How many people have ever bitched when a game died. Is BF2 a shitty game because it died out? Raven shield was a complete POS because obviously nobody very few people play it anymore. Of course DayZ will die out at some point.

Did you know that Ubisoft's policy for making games is to make them last 60 days before your done with it? Ever wonder why games used to last so long before and now they don't? CODMW when it came out lasted ages on the PC because of the maps the community made (yeah they stopped that - nice one assholes. Now the community can't make shit for these things THAT YOU USED TO GET FOR FREE) Don't even ask how long Ghost recon or Raven Shield lasted.

Perhaps you should get your adhd sorted out that you think you have and get some knowledge about being a gamer and realise Arma is one of the few games out there that actually has a community and has people making mods for it rather than being a bunch of money grabbing cunts and stopping all mods so they can charge for "DLC" - oh u mean that shit that people used to do for free that was often a fuck load better than the shit they shovel out?

Gaming today has been fucked by assholes like Ubi and Activision - be fortunate you were even able to play a game like DayZ and it's about time more companies followed BIS's route and support the community that supports them.

I'd just like to point out that DayZ stand-alone is going to be 'locked' ie: no mods, no community changes etc, as stated by Dean Hall. This isn't going to be the holy grail of back to the future gaming, those days have come and gone. DLC and the innovation of those creating it are all we can pin our hopes and dreams on.

Edited by Banicks

I had a good solo play through for 2 months, burnt out. Came back after a break for a month and started playing with mates only to have the hacking/scripting begin to reach a climax. We put up with it for a few weeks, had a break until BE sneakily claimed they resolved it. But it didn't take long for them to return, and on a nightly basis we had to start over and over again.

We had the tent stashes, but even that began to dwindle with each thunderdome or insta-death. Until stand-alone, me and my mates are just playing Borderlands 2 and will probably get WarZ when it goes live before DayZ. Whichever peaks our fancy will retain our interest at that point.

I'd just like to point out that DayZ stand-alone is going to be 'locked' ie: no mods, no community changes etc, as stated by Dean Hall. This isn't going to be the holy grail of back to the future gaming, those days have come and gone. DLC and the innovation of those creating it are all we can pin our hopes and dreams on.

I never said Dayz would be open and far from even mentioned it would be the holy grail either - however that doesn't mean new community made maps can't be added either and those days have not come and gone as Arma is an example of a thriving community with mods being made all the time for it.

I was pointing out to the person bitching that the game is just like any other great game and pointing out the longevity of games these days compared to games 10 years ago and how the games companies have taken away our ability to add free content to games and taken to DLC's that you have to pay for.

There are no usage statistics, central connection statistics. As private hives grow I would expect that we would track less and less people.

You keep saying there are no statistics when arma2.swec.se offers them. And the numbers aren't good.

Now, I can appreciate the average player might not really care about that number. But in the industry, that equates to sales. That mean's 1.3 million people have bought ArmA2 at the very least, with a number of them specifically to play DayZ. Less than six months ago the number was 6. This is a statistic that I think the whole mod team here, myself included, is pretty proud of. It's also unprecedented.

What does the industry think about LOSING 1.3 million players in less than 3 months? And really 1.3 million means jack shit when you have hackers cracking your cd keys and giving you a +1 every time they evade their ban.

I will always be grateful to DayZ for showing the industry how much people want sandbox games, but I was not impressed with the quality of the game.

You forgot Private servers and most of the summer users are now back at school

Except that DayZ crashed mid-summer around July.

Edited by SeptusCap

I've just started, but I've already learned to not complain about losing gear.

The games dead, will be more dead-er after the 4th quarter. (GOTTA PUSH THEM GAMES FOR XMAS)

i remember around july-aug six launcher hovered around 10k to 25k players on its low/high areas. sometimes it even jumped to 30k.

Its now lucky to get 4k over the weekend. No actual statistics because im not that inspired, but just what ive seen.

Also, private hives are just amazing. admins are generally friendly and actually give a fuck, they moniter it more consistently, hackers are a no biggie, and most of all no ghosting, no combat logs (sometimes) ANNNDD you could even make a legacy on these servers (Like right now im an evil bandit and everyone knows it)

only real problem is that groups get REALLY big and competitive. Lone wolfs are kinda pushed away

I think the legacy thing is very cool :D. I joined a private hive and I've already killed 3 of the server owners and I"m on top of the zombie leaderboard which is always a fun thing to shittalk about

You keep saying there are no statistics when arma2.swec.se offers them. And the numbers aren't good.

What does the industry think about LOSING 1.3 million players in less than 3 months? And really 1.3 million means jack shit when you have hackers cracking your cd keys and giving you a +1 every time they evade their ban.

I will always be grateful to DayZ for showing the industry how much people want sandbox games, but I was not impressed with the quality of the game.

Except that DayZ crashed mid-summer around July.

Do you not understand this is an ALPHA MOD. Jesus 10,000 people would be impressive for a mod. You where not impressed with the quality? Give me a fucking break; I hate to sound repetitive, but its an ALPHA MOD. People really need to get this concept down. Bugs will be common, hackers will be common, crappy admins will be common, servers bugging out will be common, people leaving will be common, exploits will be common, and so will silly people who think this game is completed. <_<

Do you not understand this is an ALPHA MOD. Jesus 10,000 people would be impressive for a mod. You where not impressed with the quality? Give me a fucking break; I hate to sound repetitive, but its an ALPHA MOD. People really need to get this concept down. Bugs will be common, hackers will be common, crappy admins will be common, servers bugging out will be common, people leaving will be common, exploits will be common, and so will silly people who think this game is completed. <_<

Problem is, everyone played the alpha, and are quitting, so what then?

What do you think those players that left will do when and if a final product comes out?

90% of them will go "Ah, DayZ. Tried that once. I was fun for a while and then it wasn't worth it anymore", And suddenly you have a released game with no buy value because people tried it, and quit, and 90% are not coming back.

And the other 10% will try it again, bitch about servers being empty, and leave to a more populated game.

The Mod's been out 5 months now hasn't it? How long are games meant to last anyway - judging by the amount of moronic posts this forum generates every day I'm surprised it's been popular this long.

Also, what does the amount of players have to do with anything. Are people unable to a) see a good game when they see it and b ) enjoy a game unless it has millions of fan users?

I made a graph of your made up statistics:

CqHJU.jpg

I had to revive this, sorry mods. Glorious.

• Like 1