spherearrow

Finding a tent/vehicle to store excess items

Hello all, finally got my first character past the general scavenging along the cost, managed to get to the NW airfield and grab an M16A2 and an AKM, but now my ALICE pack is full and I really would like to get started with a base camp. Where are the best tent spawns and/or easiest vehicle to get that can hold a gun and some tools? Anyone have a spare tent?

Also any other suggestions for a player moving past just surviving?

I have been playing over 60+ hours and never had a vehicle so good luck with that.

I find all my tents in the supermarkets

Edited by handleyboy

I have found ALL of my tents in grocery stores, try your luck there or find high value residential buildings (on dayz db map)

If you're looking for a vehicle and don't know where to find one use this map and just find where you're currently at and look for a vehicle in your area.

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.146.073

Now, for the camping tent I usually find them a lot in the supermarket you just have to have luck finding them honestly but good luck!

I see tents very often in grocery stores. Head to a city further North, several of them have grocery stores and are not crowded. Clean some junk out if you don't see one. walk away 30 meterts and come back and a tent might be there then.

I've found the Supermarket in Pustoshka pretty much always has one, also any Quad that has spawned in will be carrying a tent by default and they're usually safer than a supermarket ;)

• Like 1

Supermarkets.

To get a vehicle, a good hang out is the Factory to the east of Polana. I've scored half a dozen vehicles there by just waiting for players to stop for either parts of fuel for their vehicles.

Ah fond times.

I've found tons of tents in super markets, log houses and red brick houses. Go to a low pop server, and you'll probably find one pretty easy.

Tents are pretty easy to spot from a distance though (unless you're one of those ppl that knows how to get it in rocks or bushes- I never could). I used to store my best items in an ATV; they can be parked in pine tree branches which makes them a lot harder to see than a tent.

To get a vehicle, a good hang out is the Factory to the east of Polana. I've scored half a dozen vehicles there by just waiting for players to stop for either parts of fuel for their vehicles.

Lol wut? Now thats a cheap trick I'll try once ;P

Klen hill spawns two ATVs both with tents . :)

I was going to punch myself in the face if someone didn't post this.

As long as the ATV's are there, guaranteed tents inside the ATV's.

Also, do whatever you want.

Be friendly, be a bandit, sit in a field eating beans all day.

It's your story.

(Personally I play friendly.)

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Either I have ridiculously good luck or that spawn percentage doesn't mean 1% chance to spawn (overall), but instead 1% per item spawn. So you figure 20 or 30 items in the grocery store multiplied by a 1% spawn chance per roll. That would make it about 20 or 30% chance to find it in a freshly spawned store. That sounds more like my experience, so again, either I'm just lucky or it's 1% per roll/item.

I find tents most commonly in grocery stores