Lewf

How long do you live in your first lives?

84 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you normally live for in your first lives of the game?

• Less than 1 minute - This game is impossible!
    • From 1 - 5 minutes - Can't shake the zombies =/
    • From 5 - 15 minutes - Got to the nearest town but still couln't get the hang of it
    • From 15 - 30 minutes - Got the hang of it, got killed on sight (KoS)
    • Above 30 minutes - Easily got the hang of it and managed to survive well enough

I was thinking about making some suggestions and this would help me understand how do most people play in their first few hours (deaths) and what your experiences are with this game.

Thanks for voting!

Edited by Lewf
  • Like 1

My first game I spawned out west past Kamenka and spent an hour running into the debug plains wondering where everything was, highlights included following a goat thinking it would lead me to a town and hiding from a pig because I thought it was another player.

My second game was at night, it was pitch black and I couldn't figure out how to use the torch, I lasted about two minutes before being eaten by zombies.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 6

I guess playing at night is not a safe way to start hahaha...

I don't really remember where i first spawned, but i quickly got the hang on how to avoid zombies. Back then we had weapons, so it was easier to survive. I would guess the problem nowadays for completly new people si to find a weapon or figure out how to use an axe, otherwise, there shouldn't be much problem of running away from zombies.

In my first game, I spawned near Cherno. After about 15 minutes of looting, I heard a car horn in the distance. As I went to investigate, I was shot and killed.

I definetely lived longer than some minutes, but after all I wasnt able to properly shake the zombies. On top of that the overall controls and the f***ing inventory freaked me out. I never played ARMA before. I read a guide and than I made my much more successful next steps :)

In my first game, I spawned near Cherno. After about 15 minutes of looting, I heard a car horn in the distance. As I went to investigate, I was shot and killed.

Curiosity killed the cat? hahahaha

First time I played, I stayed alive for like 4 hours. It was back when most every player you ran into was a friendly. I ran into a guy and we explored Cherno for a few hours then headed north where I finally died by accidentally falling off the big tower on Green Mountan. I hate "V" button.

• Like 1

My first few games i was unlucky enough to join a night time server, as it was night time where i lived.

I recall my first life was about 2 minutes, as i couldn't see. Couldn't work out how to equip my torch...and ended up walking right into zombies.

The next few lives after that i didn't fair much better..maybe lasted a minute or two more. After about my 4th life i decided to look for a daytime server and i think i ended up on an American server.

Now that i could see, i managed to last about 20 minutes. Not very exciting, and i only lasted this long as i was far far too cautious and crawled everywhere.

Now my average life if i'm unlucky enough to die, is anywhere from an hour to a few weeks.

Edited by GeordieMarv

My 1st game was finding out how much I could take the piss in regards to distance & stance vs zombies. As you could imagine, I didn't last long.

This went on for a while :)

First time playing: dark night, I spawned somewhere west of Kamenka. Some fellow countrymen told me to keep the sea to my right and start running to get to Cherno, which I did not know back then. I scavenged Kamenka and started my journey east. Somewhere between Kamenka and Komarovo was a flare lit up, I ran just past it when someone opened fire at me. He had an Lee Enfield or Winchester. He shot my legs out and I opened fire on him. Didn't see him that well because of the darkness. I used many clips from my makarov on him (or somewhere at where I though he was), the firefight went on for a couple of minutes, untill he shot me dead from somewhere.

So killing fresh-spawned players was in fashion a long time too ;)

Very first game, I logged on... Ran over to a house (~15 seconds) leapt over the small picket fence (~25 seconds) and then saw a Huey zooming over head, which crashed onto me (~56 seconds)... Dead.

And you know what... It was so frickin' cool.

• Like 1

Spawn at night,cant figure out how to use the torch so cant see a damn thing other than the sea, then hear the footsteps of someone running up to me, He shoots me in the leg leaving me crippled and disappears into the darkness.

So i bandage myself and start crawling along the coast, come across some buildings....get eaten by zombies.

Very first game, I logged on... Ran over to a house (~15 seconds) leapt over the small picket fence (~25 seconds) and then saw a Huey zooming over head, which crashed onto me (~56 seconds)... Dead.

And you know what... It was so frickin' cool.

Sometimes quick deaths will make the gamer want to keep playing instead of quit the game. Nice post!

first life - spawned, it was raining. I had read the guide and thought maybe the trees would give me relief from the cold of the rain. Nope, instead they broke my leg. I bandaged and played for a few hours by crawling around. Found cherno, found the supermarket, then died to a zombie bomb.

second life - found the southern military area outside of cherno and got an M14 AIM. survived for a few days then found my first bike @ the lighthouse. Rode toward cherno, got shot by a survivor on the coast and eventually bled out.

third life - spawned by a lighthouse, climbed up and accidentally jumped the rail. bled out.

fourth life - lasted for three weeks, got killed by a hacker.

In my first life i spent nearly an hour crawling on my belly trying to get to a broken down Humvee. I was so excited because I was sure there would be military gear in it. Needless to say I quickly found out that it had absolutely nothing and I was devoured a few minutes later trying desperately to get some beans.

• Like 1

It impresses me how many people enter the topic and don't vote. it's not that hard people!

First time, I survived for about 4-5 hours, until I ran out of food and did a suicide mission with my shotty, took down about 10 zombies along with me.

First life I spawned at Kamenka, ran north, found some deer stands, headed to a barn and get sniped......dead! I lasted about an hour.

First spawn was close to Elektro.

I was a arma 2 vet so no problem there and I had seen enough videos to understand how to deal with zombies. Or so I thought because I died not long after finding my first weapon, a hatchet, due to too much fighting (tried defending another freshly spawned player) and lack of bandages. Although I felt sad, my character died with a smile on his face as the other player lived on.

First life must have lasted around 40 minutes (yeah, I was very slow-stealthy at the time)

Edited by Chimonanthus

Being a long-time Arma Player, I kind of had an advantage :blush:

First played it when Dean announced it on the forums. I think I lasted one long evening but I don't remember what exactly happened :D Though it wasn't too spectacular since I didn't meet anyone and just avoided the zombies^^

This is bull. Alot of people have lied here because originally the life average was lower then 25 min

This is bull. Alot of people have lied here because originally the life average was lower then 25 min

Do not forget that it takes into account people killing themselves so they can just respawn in a better place (that means a life of under 1 minute until you kill yourself)

Besides, look at the time now: over 1 hour

• Like 1

Is it even possible to die in the first 3-5 minutes, without the involvement of :

- suicide

- spawn campers

- hackers

I don't think so.

If you figure out that zombies have absolutely abysmal scripting - which can easily be observed by anything they do - you'll counter them by holding "W", and survive until you find the first player. 30+ minutes for a clueless, first time player is easily achievable.

Edited by Stworca