AllMightyKnox

My Hand Shakes

Don't know why but lately when i been playing DayZ and i see someone i can kill my hand starts to shake (real life) and i can't control the mouse, i start spazing out and shooting everywere instead of focusing. Anyone know what might be causing my hand to shake?

Is it that i get nervous or excited? like seriously is turning into a problem...

(wOOPS posted this thread in the wrong section, sorry about that)

Edited by kn0x187YT
  • Like 3

It could just be adrenaline. Do you work with computers a lot? If it becomes serious it might be worth checking with your doctor in case you have RSI.

Yeah, Everyday i spend atleast 10hours on the computer. I'm going to look into it because lately its just been happening more and more and i can't even play right anymore without loosing control.

That sounds very Bad, it would go to Doctor asap. And may try to change may allround behavior. The thing that you ask in a Forum first before visiting the Doctor seems to show that you maybe are to Focused on Computer/internet.

It sounds like Repetitive Strain Injury to me although that usually involves some sort of pain rather than shaking. There's loads of things that could be causing it so don't panic. Take a trip to your Doctor though and don't ignore it.

Edited by Fraggle

Well, my job is using the computer. That is why i spend numerous amounts of hours on the computer, but i'm still going to go and get checked tho. I just wanted to ask maybe someone else has the same problem but yeee :)

It sounds like Repetitive Strain Injury to me although that usually involves some sort of pain rather than shaking. It's worth a trip to your doctor though.

I don't get a pain or anything. This only happens when i see another player in DayZ i think i just get 2 excited or something. Don't know. This never used to happen while i played other games. Till i started playing Dayz but this could be the start to something so i'm still gona get my hand checked. Thanks for the tips.

Edited by kn0x187YT
  • Like 2

If it's just while playing DayZ then it might just be pure adrenaline. It has that effect on a lot of people!

Good luck and lay off the coffee.

• Like 2

If it's just while playing DayZ then it might just be pure adrenaline. It has that effect on a lot of people!

Good luck and lay off the coffee.

Hope its just that, Also i dont like coffee :P lol

Hope its just that, Also i dont like coffee :P lol

How long have you been playing DayZ? I remember the first week I started playing, even when I saw a new spawn my hands started getting sweaty and shaky, because I was so nervous he had a concealed gun.

just breath deep and come down, concentrate how you would do it in RL when you would use a Gun/Rifle... had that too when i startet, than i trained my self not to freak out when i see someone and just concentrate and do what you need to do ;) you will life longer... much longer

I know what you mean, but for me it's anxiety. It runs in my family so I'm actually getting meds prescribed for it.

Its adrenaline/anxiety, im prone to get that also from dayz in certain situations, I still get head shots though. :)

It also got really really bad flying 3d with my full size rc heli, On numerous occassions i had to emergency land because of severe adrenaline/anxiety making my hands shake

Dont go to the doctor its normal....

• Like 1

That is most definitely an adrenaline dump. Welcome to higher-stakes gaming - where it's real enough that losing all your stuff, or killing someone else, seems to matter a little more.

I, and my teammates, have experienced the very same with Eve Online when particularly heavy battles amongst real players ensue. Through years of that game, and through studying the phenomenon for both real-life fire fights (I was a body guard in real life for a while, and carry a weapon most days as it is) and just in general, I can tell you that there are two things that help:

1.) Study the effects of adrenaline yourself - it helps to know what will happen, to expect them, and to attempt to counter them. (having coffee or not really doesn't seem to matter - adrenaline is a whole other drug)

2.) Put yourself in such situations more and more often - you will develop an ability to work through it. The hand shakes will become less, though the whole feeling is still there. And when you fall out of practice, or go away from the environment (i.e. game) for a while, then come back - it is just about as bad as it was when you weren't used to it. The good thing is that, since you trained yourself prior the 'vacation,' you get over the worst of the effects faster with subsequent immersions into similar situations.

There is at least one more way to counter it, but I don't yet see how we could apply it to a game - and that is practice, practice, practice the basic and advanced skills you expect to need in a situation that may cause an adrenaline dump. I know that as a former paramedic that helped me when I was more shocked that I ever had been... I just fell back to the skills I had mastered through training. That which isn't mastered gets forgotten or unused when adrenaline is flowing hard, so we're not talking about cursory practice here... Best I could advise with that, for DayZ, would be to team up with a friend (when new spawns) with easy-to-get weapons, then meet on opposite sides of an agreed-upon house, and have at each other. If you carry blood bags, bandages, morphine and have voice comms you may prevent deaths and be able to try a few more times (so maybe Makarovs would be the weapon of choice - low damage). That would be the best practice I could think of - shooting computer-generated opponents is never really practice for true PvP.

Edited by Mambo
  • Like 5

If it's just happening during stressful video games, it's normal. Only go to a doctor if you are experiencing pain.

How is your mental perception while this happens? does it only occur in a certain situation?

Have you tried holding up your hand up flat and observing if there are shaking movements?

As a medic (RL aswell as DayZ) I suggest you visit the doc's and get it checked out either way just to be safe and sure. If there is (GOD FORBID) anything wrong then sooner is better than later.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

This is pretty common in DayZ, I don't know how many times I've had other people tell me their heart is pounding out of their chest or they're shaking, it's all the adrenaline. I've had my heart pounding out of my chest while playing and have fired rashly wasting ammo and time, but I've not so much the hands spazzing out thing. I have definitely had my hands spazz out during other adrenaline junkie activities though.

You can control this by the way Buddhist monks are experts at it, but it takes practice and awareness. Good skill to have.

This is pretty common in DayZ, I don't know how many times I've had other people tell me their heart is pounding out of their chest or they're shaking, it's all the adrenaline. I've had my heart pounding out of my chest while playing and have fired rashly wasting ammo and time, but I've not so much the hands spazzing out thing. I have definitely had my hands spazz out during other adrenaline junkie activities though.

You can control this by the way Buddhist monks are experts at it, but it takes practice and awareness. Good skill to have.

I find it hard to believe Buddhist monks play DayZ!! ;)

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 2

OP your doing whats know as FLAKING IT, man up its a computer game.

Its more then just a computer game to me. Its a way of life... xD lmao

I had the same problem when I first started playing (I'm not saying you're a noob :P). Every time I would see a player my body would be all like ASLDKFJASL;DJFLDASJRJKRAJRKJ and shake like crazy.

It's because of the adrenaline, and you're nervous, and actually somewhat scared.

Fuckin' love DayZ, haha.

• Like 3