andrewmont

Avoiding hacker death! Ready to rant and rave - F4 saved my (characters) life.

I was gearing myself up for my first rage rant about hackers and about my stupidity for not listening to my instinct.

I had just logged on to ES 6 to a play a bit before I went out, it was well populated. Normally I'll try and play on a relatively populated server but avoid the ones with most players as I know these have the highest chance of hackers and they always take an age to load. However I joined anyway, it was taking a while as normal. I arrived on the server and went to take a bite out my dinner when the whole plate decided to spill over my floor and keyboard - I couldn't help but feel like something was telling me not to play Day Z as I was debating it in the first place.

I'm looking around the entire time I'm crawling (near veresnik) when I hear footsteps. I look behind me and see nothing but then next time I look back I see a character wearing military gear - not camo but a helmet and body armour. This and the fact he fell out the sky's arse let me know he was a hacker. I didn't have much time to think at all before he sprayed me with bullets.

Now I would like to point out I have never quit in the face of another character, I'm not even one for shooting on sight much. I went to abort as this is the best character I think I've had on this game and I didn't want it to be lost to a hacker but in my sporadic panic I couldnt navigate the menu so I hit ALT+F4. He'd managed to get a good few bullets in me so I figured I was already dead and I was just going to log in to the dreaded coast. To my surprise apart from a broken leg very minor bleeding I was fine!

Unfortunately I don't have his name so I can't report him but still a sweet victory fuck you to the hacker.

Hullo there

Nowt wrong with Alt+F4'ing from a hacker.

rgds

LoK

i think alt f-4 is fine with hackers its that or loose all of your hard work. so to me the choice is clear.

If I encounter a hacker I won't alt F-4 but I have no problem with people doing in just because I like to make fun of the scripters before they have there way with me :).

Yeah, I got away from this one but then the next time I logged on the entire server got killed by a hacker *sigh*

On the bright side though I ran to see if I could find my body and along the way found my 3rd ghillie suit this week! So I have that back but lost all my other gear :L

When I first started playing all the players where spawned to one location on Electro Beach due to a hacker (I didnt know what was going so I freaked) and when I ALT 4 which I wasn't even hit by a bullet I restarted in another server and I was knocked out for like 20 mins, I did survive and had all my Blood but I spawned on that Beach, The second time it happened more recent on a full Server I was not geared well so I didn't care - It was worth the site of all these peeps trying to exit the game or run like hell yelling WTF as the Hacker was spamming a Big Ass Rotary Gun and tearing shit up - He died of course before he could kill everyone and we all looted the bodies yelling friendly, friendly, but the Hackers body had nothing, not even a Backpack - That was my Last experience with a Hacker and I rent a Server now

Same thing just happened to me, I got setup complete and saw about 30 bodies all around cherno.

I went for the abort button and as I press it.....the hacker appears right behind me (3rd person view shows me the tip of an AS50 appear)

I press yes and hear an AS50 shot go off.

I log back in and im fine, lucky escape

Usually ALT-F4ing will save you in the face of danger, but sometimes you'll have the backlash of shock-logging (being unconscious for about 10 minutes after logging)

I've had points where I'll accidently run off a building due to butter-legging it, and most of the time ALT-F4ing will return me back or revert me back give or take a couple seconds. ALT-F4ing is mostly like a server restart; whenever it happens you'll get rolled back a good minute or so. I've done this in the face of hackers using the Puppet Master or just attempting to shoot the shit out of me after teleporting.

I actually got to do this yesterday when I encountered a puppet master. I lost control of my player and the hacker was able to make every move from my player. When he turned his head, I turned mine, when he ran in place, I kept moving. When he opened his inventory, he accessed mine. He was basically a damn parasite. ALT-F4ing helps against these guys before they drop too much of your stuff, or right before they manage to run you off a building.

The problem is you get a lot of Kids that the second they got shot at..

*Skype*

"Timmy, Timmy! its a haxor because he hitted me when i was in a building!!11! what should i do!?"

"Jimmy, Press ALT+F4 on your keyboard, the hacker wont hit you!"

"Nice one Timmy!"

*Player*

Bastards.

Usually ALT-F4ing will save you in the face of danger, but sometimes you'll have the backlash of shock-logging (being unconscious for about 10 minutes after logging)

Strangely the two times I've quit on a hacker when I logged back on I wasn't unconscious. Don't know if it was because it was a different server or what but I wasn't complaining.