Sign in to follow this  
heliman (DayZ)

Churches & Repentance

heliman, understand that you are dealing with a philosophical theme, religion deals in some ways with philosophy, and as the portrayer and bringer of this idea of creating some sort of ritual in the game, you must explain to all peers that wish to discuss which reasons motivate you and why, you cannot choose your colleagues in a philosophical debate, you must accept them without rejection.

ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT MAN.

You guys complicate humanity too much. In-game I'm a nice guy, I help people out all that jazz. BUT (here's the part where MANY people lose their shit) when you try to help someone and they just shoot you for your 'beanz pl0x', all you want to do when you respawn is just kill people.

That's the thing, I AM A NICE GUY, but some people deserve to be shot. The shit thing is, a blood transfusion gives you what? 150 humanity? And killing someone leaves you in debt of -1000 humanity. This humanity shit has to be discarded because frankly by the time I give 3 blood transfusions (450 humanity) I have to shoot/kill 2-3 bandits (-3000 humanity). Not fair at all so I believe humanity shouldn't be in the game.

heliman, understand that you are dealing with a philosophical theme, religion deals in some ways with philosophy, and as the portrayer and bringer of this idea of creating some sort of ritual in the game, you must explain to all peers that wish to discuss which reasons motivate you and why, you cannot choose your colleagues in a philosophical debate, you must accept them without rejection.

I cannot help those who prefer to read what they want to read and percieve what they want to percieve. I have explained myself quite indepth throughout this thread for everyone to draw their conclusion and there are a few that see my vision which is more than sufficient enough for me to come to a conclusion that I have made my point. I don't necessarily have to take everyone onboard the journey.

1. Even if you repent, there are still consequences 2. It would make stabbing survivors in the back too easy.

If to look at this practically, religion and humanity are not related. Humanity shows if you help or harm people, and religion shows whether you believe in God.

The topic is dumb anyway.

This thread turned into a big flame war a long time ago, I suggest a lock.

It would make stabbing survivors in the back too easy.

You bring a good point.

However it also doesn't hold true that all survivors are to be trusted but those with hero skins should at least be a tad more believable rather than the fresh new spawn survivor. Perhaps some way to distinguish a fresh spawn to that of survivor who has lived for quite a while but who hasn't earned his hero status can further narrow down such backstabbing traits. As always I could associate with a convert but only if I can be sure he won't be up to anything nasty. Eitherway a convert can be used by either a survivor or a bandit to understand true motives of other converts and would-be converts.

Edited by heliman