Sign in to follow this  
DragunX5

A brainstorm of DayZ Ideas

First off I just want to thank developers for creating a brilliant game!

So few ideas are

-punch/kick (when you spawn and have f all it would be cool if you could punch n kick, even if it does sod all damage, just adds to the realism and can give you vital seconds to escape chasing zombies if you crack them in the face!)

-blowtorch, wire cutters etc (would be cool to be able to use a blow torch to weld perhaps metal fence poles/steel pipes etc on vehicles to create a deadly vehicle)

-more interaction with environment (just to make it more realistic the ability to pick up stones/sticks, chairs in houses, even tear off planks of wood from small barns to make firewood etc)

-player stats( to have a levelling system where ur ranked on kills, survival days,shot accuracy etc similar to cod games)

-ability to combine items (so if you find a rag, petrol, empty bottle you can combine to make molotov, or if you find c4 old mobile phone etc make a bomb etc.)

-zombie AI( this is what my least favourite thing is, would be cool to see them tryna grab you, bite you etc instead of all being generic swiping at you)

ID friendlies( so once you meet other players you can add a tag to them so if you encounter then again it displays if they friendlies or bandits etc)

Shovel. (would be good if you could find a bag and put stuff in it you don't need and be able to bury it for later by using shovel)

Glass shard-( if you have no guns it would be sweet if you could smash a window and pick up a glass shard to use as a weapon, however If you don't have an 'old rag' or something you lose health whn u use it cos it cuts ur hand, unles u have a rag to combine with the shard to hold it).

I'm sure I could go on forever as this tripe of game has no limits on the possibilities of expansion :)

Great work guys!

Im pretty sure msot of those are already being implemented (take a look at the very first topic in the suggestions area)

I had not thought or read about interaction with objects, though. That instantly gave me the idea of putting a bunch of stuff from inside a house at the door so zombies couldn't get in! In the case that zombies DO run inside buildings, that would come in handy!

Ah sorry dude yeah a few were already put down, well I hope if the mods hear the same thing enough times might mean its a popular item. Yeah barricading inside a house would be great :), also having locked houses that

If you have a gun could shoot the lock would be sweet :) you will attract zombies but will the loot inside be worth it? Or will there b nothing ;)

Ah sorry dude yeah a few were already put down, well I hope if the mods hear the same thing enough times might mean its a popular item. Yeah barricading inside a house would be great :), also having locked houses that

If you have a gun could shoot the lock would be sweet :) you will attract zombies but will the loot inside be worth it? Or will there b nothing ;)

Or maybe trying to find a key around to open that specific house? That would be nice...

Also talking about keys, what about a key for your car?

Im pretty sure msot of those are already being implemented (take a look at the very first topic in the suggestions area)

I had not thought or read about interaction with objects, though. That instantly gave me the idea of putting a bunch of stuff from inside a house at the door so zombies couldn't get in! In the case that zombies DO run inside buildings, that would come in handy!

but then that would lead to a bunch of players just barricading themselves in a building for the rest of the game. the items would have to have a durabilty trait and wear down over time, providing maybe an hour max of breathing time for you and your crew. It should give you just enough time to plan your next move and sneak out a window or something while the zeds are occupied with the barricaded door. Great idea though. It should definitely be implemented. the game needs many more interactive objects.

I would love finding random items to combine or use as weapons/tools, especially breakable and the occasional unbreakable (ie, tire iron). Along the same lines, it would be great to take the clothes from the zeds to use as a possible turniquet (using a looted bloody cloth to bandage a wound could run the risk of death by infection)

or kindle for a fire and so on.

Edited by jdu82

but then that would lead to a bunch of players just barricading themselves in a building for the rest of the game. the items would have to have a durabilty trait and wear down over time, providing maybe an hour max of breathing time for you and your crew. It should give you just enough time to plan your next move and sneak out a window or something while the zeds are occupied with the barricaded door. Great idea though. It should definitely be implemented. the game needs many more interactive objects.

I would love finding random items to combine or use as weapons/tools, especially breakable and the occasional unbreakable (ie, tire iron). Along the same lines, it would be great to take the clothes from the zeds to use as a possible turniquet or iindle for a fire and so on.

Breaking down those barricades would be a must, of course, with certain time. Including zombies themselves could bring those down. That would be a desperate measure. And barricading yourself too long inside a building would cause you to die of hunger or thirst, becasue the loot in that building wouldnt be respawning

Breaking down those barricades would be a must, of course, with certain time. Including zombies themselves could bring those down. That would be a desperate measure. And barricading yourself too long inside a building would cause you to die of hunger or thirst, becasue the loot in that building wouldnt be respawning

haha, i forgot about the need to eat. I haven't played the mod yet, installing it tonight. ;)

haha, i forgot about the need to eat. I haven't played the mod yet, installing it tonight. ;)

Very nice! Good luck, if you want a tour or just some company, i'll be glad to help

Or maybe trying to find a key around to open that specific house? That would be nice...

Also talking about keys, what about a key for your car?

i just think that old soviet cars (and US helicopters) are easy to hotwire.

I like all these suggestion except for the ranking up. This game is based around the fact that everyone is roughly equal and it comes down to skill and not numbers and figures. There will never be stats like +- X% this or that. Those are authentic for a zombie survival. The rest of these ideas are authentic and would be cool.

And who's to say the zombies won't climb through the windows ;). Could you imagine!! It's nighttime and your barricaded in this house after a mob of zombies chased you, you feel somewhat secure and then....smash! You hear a window break in one of the rooms, the gurgling of a zombie as he steps closer to the room you and your comrades are hiding in....gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

-player stats( to have a levelling system where ur ranked on kills, survival days,shot accuracy etc similar to cod games)

You're trollin with that, right, right, right? Edited by James Ashwood
  • Like 1

I like all these suggestion except for the ranking up. This game is based around the fact that everyone is roughly equal and it comes down to skill and not numbers and figures. There will never be stats like +- X% this or that. Those are authentic for a zombie survival. The rest of these ideas are authentic and would be cool.

I totally agree bro, I think in comparing it to call of duty was my mistake, I meant a system where we can have leader boards tallying kills deaths, headshots, leg shots, arm shots, accuracy, survival length etc :)

And who's to say the zombies won't climb through the windows ;). Could you imagine!! It's nighttime and your barricaded in this house after a mob of zombies chased you, you feel somewhat secure and then....smash! You hear a window break in one of the rooms, the gurgling of a zombie as he steps closer to the room you and your comrades are hiding in....gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

hope that house has electricity because I just got done playing my first game and have to say... nighttime sucks! i mean no light whatsoever?! Guess a little natural lighting would be an unatural addition and to much to ask ? You know devs.... like the moon for instance. ;)

whoops you said COD now everyone will laugh at you

However, leveling skills based off performance and successfully completing actions is perfectly within DayZ if: You lose it all, when you die :)

Get some sticks, rocks and some rope, there's mah axe!

You've got some nice ideas here, though several of them strike me as not being feasible for implementation into the mod (from a game designers perspective) based on existing game engine limitations, and the relative complexity of the idea.

For instance, your ideas for increased interaction with the environment would require game assets that simply don't exist at the moment, and would not be easily implemented without some hefty modifications to the core game & engine.

That aside. Mostly everything else sounds plausible at least to some degree, though I've got to agree with Vindicator in saying that adding any sort of character building element to the game doesn't really tie in too well with what DayZ is all about. Still, a nice thought, keep them coming! :)