lachie (DayZ)

is my pc good enough to run day z

This is my pc's system:

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz

Memory RAM: 4.00 GB

System type: 32 bit operating system

Now im sorry if I have posted this in the wrong area, etc but im thinking of buying this game fairly soon well actually as soon as someone can tell me if my pc can actually handle it. Afterall what would be the point of buying a game I cant play. I have a spare pc but of course i havent got a charger for that one (fffffuuuuucccc-) however its newer then this one so is this one worth keeping i dont even care if i have to play dayz on low settings just as long as its not laggy as hell. I just want to know if this pc can run it or if i should get a new pc.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out.

That website is garbage. You left out a key piece of hardware; what's your GPU/Graphics card?

Edited by LunaTiK

alright thats a shame can you tell me what the mininum of each thing i need is ( ram, bit processor, etc ) or if you cant answer that can you tell me your system like whats your bit processor, etc (sorry if you cant understand this im actually quiet bad at technical computer language be patient with me hahaha)

i say - wait for standalone , this mod right now runs awful on any computer and in my opinion as hardware fan and enthusiast - dont listen to "buy a new pc " posts - this will be a mistake

i just dont like to throw money outside the window ..... the game and the mod are having problem with both cpu and gpu utilization - well at least on some systems - probably most...

I got Intel Core i5 - 2.5 GHz, 6GB RAM and Geforce 540M (1GB) graphics card.

What i experience are some FPS issues on SOME of the servers (not lags but actual FPS!). On some of the servers the game runs smoothly on medium settings.

One of my friends has a top-of-the-line computer with Intel Core i7 and 16GB RAM (dont remember his graphics card though) and he has pretty much the same problem - on some of the servers game runs smooth while on others microfreezes like crazy.

As for your PC... ArmA 2 (and DayZ) should be fine on low-medium settings as long as you stick to stable servers.

However, be sure to use some perfomance increase guides such as this:

I should warn you to expect issues nevertheless. All of DayZ players suffer from lags, desync and other things. Remember that this is alpha and do not expect it to be as perfect as other games you play.

I got Intel Core i5 - 2.5 GHz, 6GB RAM and Geforce 540M (1GB) graphics card.

What i experience are some FPS issues on SOME of the servers (not lags but actual FPS!). On some of the servers the game runs smoothly on medium settings.

One of my friends has a top-of-the-line computer with Intel Core i7 and 16GB RAM (dont remember his graphics card though) and he has pretty much the same problem - on some of the servers game runs smooth while on others microfreezes like crazy.

As for your PC... ArmA 2 (and DayZ) should be fine on low-medium settings as long as you stick to stable servers.

However, be sure to use some perfomance increase guides such as this:

I should warn you to expect issues nevertheless. All of DayZ players suffer from lags, desync and other things. Remember that this is alpha and do not expect it to be as perfect as other games you play.

thank you im going to try this out and hopefully it'll work

Hello there

Try arma2free and see for yourself.

Lastly, RAM disk solution (in the traditional sense0 don't work all that well for everyone, check the Bohemia Forums for more info.

Rgds

LoK

well at the end of the day would any of you buy it if not only to try it out on a pc likr mine keep in mind even if it doesnt work as well as most other systems i dont mind playing with shit graphics and also i have a second spare pc that i can use if this one doesnt work