Keen

Why does dayz lag so bad? I have a decent enough computer to get 60 frames.

Okay, so this is the thing. No matter what settings i play on it'll always lag to about 20-50 frames no matter what. At night or at day it's the same amount of frames. I'm just wondering if my computer is good enough to get at least sixty frames and if it can how do I fix this problem.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Proccessor

GPU: GeForce GTX 560ti

Memory: 16 GB DDR3

Motherboard: Asus M4N68T-M-V2

I can run pretty much any game made today for the PC on High and get 60 frames constantly. So can anyone tell me why my computer lags so much?

Thanks.

has little or nothing to do with your PC man. Has to do with the character server, the ping of the server you play on, and your internet connection.

Some guys have good games on lower end PCs, but with really good internet connections, etc. Other hand, guys have great PCs, but rotten game experiences.

Try messing around with some of the graphics settings in Arma2 as well. Different resolutions, etc.

I feel your pain as on servers with a good ping like under 50, I am lucking to get over 15 FPS it seems. Sometimes I do get lucky and get 20-30 FPS. Some times you just need to try different servers or take a break from the game.

If i go near a big city or respawn sometimes i have to restart my client to get back up to around 30fps, with fog without this issue i get like 70 or 90

To be perfectly honest, this has to do with the arma 2 engine. It's pretty much impossible for any PC to get 60 fps constantly, especially at the higher graphics settings. Find settings that net you a reliable 40-50fps and you're doing quite well. Sorry to break it to you!

Reduce your graphics settings. Turn down/off Post processing, Turn down/off Anti-aliasing, Turn down Object detail, Turn down Shadows.

Some games are more optimized than others, and you're going to have to accept reduction in graphics in order to get a steady 60.

Experiment with the settings until you find a compromise between FPS and visuals.

Okay' date=' so this is the thing. No matter what settings i play on it'll always lag to about 20-50 frames no matter what. At night or at day it's the same amount of frames. I'm just wondering if my computer is good enough to get at least sixty frames and if it can how do I fix this problem.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Proccessor

GPU: GeForce GTX 560ti

Memory: 16 GB DDR3

Motherboard: Asus M4N68T-M-V2

I can run pretty much any game made today for the PC on High and get 60 frames constantly. So can anyone tell me why my computer lags so much?

Thanks.

[/quote']

You will never get the same performance like in games which are played on small maps with a way lower viewing distance and fewer background calculations. So you cant compare this game to most other ones on the market, there is a big difference to normal shooters. But if someone has a decent system he should capable to run Arma 2 fluently without any bigger performance issues with at least 25-35 fps average.

has little or nothing to do with your PC man. Has to do with the character server' date=' the ping of the server you play on, and your internet connection.

Some guys have good games on lower end PCs, but with really good internet connections, etc. Other hand, guys have great PCs, but rotten game experiences.

Try messing around with some of the graphics settings in Arma2 as well. Different resolutions, etc.

[/quote']

I have a solid PC to run this with high FPS and 100mb broadband, and even when playing in UK servers I have FPS lag, the same lag I have in every other server and with every graphics setting from Lowest to Highest

Its just Arma 2 from what i've been able to work out, I have a pretty good PC but to get playable frame rates in Arma 2 or DayZ I have to turn the graphics to low/med, and even then I still get horrendous rates in some circumstances (I think there are some server side bugs).

I had also this problem but i could solve it by starting day-z manual, without six launsher. I hope i could help you guys ;)

Resolution/AA are going to be your biggest hits. Even though the game is not graphically amazing, it is still fairly detailed AND has a huge view distance.

Even on a high end computer you can't max out this game.