rollo23

Anyone else plan to play the mod even after the standalone comes out?

Personally i think the community on the mod and the hacking situation will only improve after the masses migrate over to the standalone, as long as there's servers up i can see myself playing this mod for another year at least.

Edited by luke688

I'm pretty sure the standalone will make DayZ feel new and fresh again, don't think I'll be able to find time for the mod. Why would you prefer the mod over the new release?

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure the standalone will make DayZ feel new and fresh again, don't think I'll be able to find time for the mod. Why would you prefer the mod over the new release?

Im still going to buy and play the standalone nether the less, but ive had more fun playing this mod then any fps thats come out in the last 3 years for that reason alone i will find it hard to give this brilliant mod up. Edited by luke688

I don't think there will be a reason to play the mod. That stage will be over. The standalone as Max said "will makd DayZ feel new and fresh again. :)

They are continuing development of the mod along side the stand alone so I know I will still be playing the hell out of this mod

Rocket did say something about trying new features out in the mod, that might be a reason to play it.

Personally, I think I'll let you guys test before I play...

Edited by Max Planck

They are continuing development of the mod along side the stand alone so I know I will still be playing the hell out of this mod

I'm pretty sure that's up until the release. Why update the mod that gains you no money and not the game that does? It'd be too much work for no use.

I doubt the mod will die! I will play it until I get bored of it, there is a community outside of Rocket and co, Lingor came out due to someone being bored with chernaurus. I'll wager there will be more community content along those lines. Some of that content is good.

Yes I find it playable now in its current form and look forward to the SA! But more choice will come from the community. No offence to Rocket but he's one team working on an original idea where as the other groups out there can run with what rocket won't do. Yes they may be limited with what they can do, but there will be a need for new stuff rocket may not provide!

Mod good, keep the mod, it is a sand box? Support may stop but like Rocket took an existing platform, others will continue the work.

Yea that's my opinion

Yes I will play the mod for community content like lingor, which I honestly love. Since the standalone has talked about not initially allowing user generated content I think there will still be a place for experimentation with the current mod.

I will need my bandit fix in lingor but I plan to return to my friendly ways on the standalone.

See no reason to go back to the mod after the standalone. Maybe for some private servers with added maps and what not if people start expanding it on their own...Like how Minecraft has it's own stable build and then people make their own offshoot mods.

I can see why people would like to stay in the mod for the custom maps. But Rocket would be an incredible fool not to allow custom maps and other stuff (probably not in the alpha/beta stages, but full release) on the SA.

I, for one, will likely go to the SA and never look back, unless the hacking is somehow worse than in the mod, which would be terrible.

I'll be keeping an eye on the mod. Once other modders get their hands on it I can't wait to see some of the ideas they come up with. The Arma modding community has always been amazing so I'm looking forward to it. Also Rocket has said that the best ideas could be incorporated into the standalone so it's a win-win for us.

why would anyone play the mod after standalone is released ? The whole talk about keeping the mod updated is a load of bullshit, maybe they will for a while but eventually they will shit on it, as they should.

Let's just wait and see what happens. Probably the standalone will consume most of my gametime when it comes out.

But the DayZ-mod will always keep a 'special' place in my heart, And, like Fraggle, I'm also curious to see what other modders will add to it, how it will grow in the future. So I will definitely keep my eye on it, follow it's future development.

why would anyone play the mod after standalone is released ? The whole talk about keeping the mod updated is a load of bullshit, maybe they will for a while but eventually they will shit on it, as they should.

Why are you playing it now? Thats why some will play it after SA. Its a mod things may not be updated but things will change and new content generated because the new alpha SA will not incorporate new ideas as quick or with as great a following. It is a stated a great platform to bounce ideas from.

The mod will Die as far as rocket may let it, but remember why you are here, there is no info on the standalone, nothing bar assumption and hopes. If DayZ is going to be fresh and new, I wanna see and be informed about it. For now i'll go with what I know.

...And, like Fraggle, I'm also curious to see what other modders will add to it...

Boobs.

I'll be saying "I told you so" later, mark my words.

• Like 2

Your missing the point. It will be turned over to the modding community. That's not shitting on it, it's a good thing.

• Like 2

Why are you playing it now? Thats why some will play it after SA. Its a mod things may not be updated but things will change and new content generated because the new alpha SA will not incorporate new ideas as quick or with as great a following. It is a stated a great platform to bounce ideas from.

The mod will Die as far as rocket may let it, but remember why you are here, there is no info on the standalone, nothing bar assumption and hopes. If DayZ is going to be fresh and new, I wanna see and be informed about it. For now i'll go with what I know.

Sorry if that sounds twatty but I love the mod!

Boobs.

I'll be saying "I told you so" later, mark my words.

Lol, I've got a long memory. I'll be sure to refer you to this thread when a mod team make a groundbreaking DayZ mod next year and are instantly signed up by BI. XXX

look at lingor, look at new anti cheat scripts and logs, the mod will evolve because of the good part of the community

No info on the standalone? are you kidding?

Depends on how the standalone is gonna be. If they fuck it up in some horrible way (God Forbid) I will stick rather to this bug and glitch fest.

Besides. You can then have a bad character to just kill people on this mod here and play your normal thing on the standalone.

But what I really believe is that after the standalone there wont be much servers left here, because of everyone moving to the standalone. Almost no one will continue to play this, well not much at least.

there is no info on the standalone, nothing bar assumption and hopes. If DayZ is going to be fresh and new, I wanna see and be informed about it. For now i'll go with what I know.

Have you seen this? http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Have you seen the Q&A's and interviews? The info is there, you aren't looking.