39 members have voted

1. 1. are hoarders alright?

• Yes
    • I got friends, yes
    • i got a whole clan playing, yes
    • No
    • YOU DAMN HOARDERS
    • I don't care, just pray i don't find it

I seen countless post with people raging on the hoarders, but isn't that what anyone would do during the times of DayZ where everything is scarce and follows the rule of finders keepers?

I myself has a few tents scattered throughout the map filled with medical supplies and common weaponry and ammunition , and one s1203 van I found with terrible condition in prodi. I fixed it up, hid the van in the forest and takes it out whenever I go to cherno and electro, does that make me a hoarder?

The only vehicles i ever came across was the bus in electro and the atv near the coast. Thought i could find motorbike or even old bikes because they have so many spawn points, no luck so far

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

I don't really have a problem with hoarders, I see it as a challenge to go and find them, really it's pretty hard to hide a tonne of vehicles.

• Like 4

I don't really have a problem with hoarders, I see it as a challenge to go and find them, really it's pretty hard to hide a tonne of vehicles.

What about hiding them at places off the map? (the wilderness or debug island) If i travel to the edge of the map right now can I actually move off the map without glitching or hacking? (never been there before)

Yeh I'm not a fan of that and I had thought they fixed it so they would be destroyed after a restart or within 24 hours.

I play lonewolf so I've only put up a tent once and I've been playing about 20 weeks on or off, hoarders dont bother me infact their hoarding has saved me a few times coming across their tents when i needed medical supplies or food....... Ya i think if vehicles are not used in 24 hours they get wiped, setting up camp off map it will be wiped on restart. The northern winds will just blow them away...

I used to subscribe to WoW just so I can login in the morning, check my mail, repost auctions, make money, then log out. Same with swg before wow and swtor after wow. Since dayz is the only game I have time to play, I've tried to do the same thing.. Sorta. Login, run to a city for random loot, bring it all back to my camp, organize my tents, log out.

I guess that makes me a horder :)

Sucks when it all gets looted/destroyed/bugged tho.

I figure it's not really hoarding until you have tents filled with empty cans, bottles, and chem lights.

Put all the gear you can stuff into your camp, it'll just be that much sweeter when I find it, and note it's location down in my notebook...

That's either the work of a hacker teleporting them there or players exploiting a bug since they are supposed to be destroyed if kept in the debug plains as of a recent update.

The most I've ever had at one time was about 6 tents, a pickup truck, a UAZ, and an ATV. If someone found our camp, they might call us hoarders, but all of those vehicles were being used. As long as your collection of cars (hoarding gear is irrelevant, since it spawns infinitely) is proportional to how many members you have, I'm fine with it. If it reaches the point where your group has only 5 members but you have hidden 14 cars, you are simply preventing other players from enjoying them.

Edited by Angel_

That's either the work of a hacker teleporting them there or players exploiting a bug since they are supposed to be destroyed if kept in the debug plains as of a recent update.

Was on a private hive, was the admin's camp.

When was that..??? Theres side-chat, so is it a few weeks ago.

Also that black SUV isn't in-game...... Mmmmmmmmm

It's called a private hive. The SUV was added into the server. You can also add techinals. The trucks with mounted machine guns on them

As a lone wolf I don't care how many vehicles clans take, as long as they leave the bicycles. Anything else is pinning a target on you so I don't touch them.

so that's what off map looks like? just plains with nothing?

If i keep walking west, would I eventually go offmap? or would there be a barrier preventing me to do that?

You can go West or North. South or East will eventually take you to the ocean. Ive only been about 3km into debug plains, not sure, doubt there is a barrier or anything.

• Like 1